• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A California woman was killed Monday in a brutal attack by a man who used an electric scooter as his weapon, police said.

Rosa Elena Hernandez, a 63-year-old from Long Beach, was attacked around 12:30 p.m. Monday, according to the Long Beach Police Department.

Officials responding to reports of "an assault with a deadly weapon" found Hernandez "with significant injuries to her upper torso," and determined she died at the scene.

Investigators believe the man assaulted the victim, then used a motorized scooter as a weapon. Authorities have not said if the suspect had any connection to the woman.

"I never heard of anything like this either," a neighbor told KTTV. "We've been living here for years, since '93, and this is the first time something like this has happened."

That would really suck. Those scooters do not have the clearance to accommodate a person under them. Assuming he used to scooter to run her over. I can't imagine he picked it up and used it as a weapon because they're so dang heavy. What a horrible way to go a man. I wonder why he has not been publicly named. I guess he will be as soon as they've formally charged him.

A person of interest was located by police hours after the incident. The man, who has not been publicly identified, was taken into custody without incident and booked for murder, and was being held on $2 million bail, police said.
Post automatically merged:

Local resident Amad Rashad Redding was booked on suspicion of murder hours after the incident, which was reported around 12:30 p.m. Monday in the 3100 block of East 64th Street, according to Long Beach police.

CF70975E-CECF-49AD-A4E4-EF938722F6D9.jpeg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.c...cooter-beating-death-of-long-beach-woman/amp/

Last edited:
Back