• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Bamamomof2girls

So I decided I was going to write this story for a few reasons. One because I live right up the street and this is a very low crime area. Two , because I know someone has to know something, and three because I want to hear other people's opinions. It is the story of J.B Beasley and Tracie Hawlett both 17. They had left their home in Dothan , Alabama on thier way to J.b.'s 17th birthday party with her friends/and enemys. Their was the typical high school drama going on. The girls left Dothan with J.b driving and on their way to Elba and got lost in Ozark. Both girls had about 1 hr to hang out had they made it to Elba. Tracie called her mom from a payphone right up the street from me to ask for directions. She said they never made it to the party due to being lost in Ozark. The way the girls went compared to what they were told makes no sense. Maybe it was them being so young, maybe it was they were trying to elude someone. That was the last time anyone would hear from them again. Tracie and J.b were found about 1/4 mile from my house , on a very scarecly populated street. They had both died from gunshot wounds to the head but there was more to the story. J.b's license were sitting out like she was pulled over. The car had obviously been moved but some things had been over looked. The girl's jeans were soaked from the knee down. A sign they had been forced out the car to water. There was dna (semen) found at the crime screne that was never really tested. Everyone has their theory's but someone out there knows the truth. Was it the work of a small town cover up or was there more to the story? I believe someone that is that sick , has to reoffend , even if not the same town. Either way , their memories are not forgotten and I hope they haunt some people.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RazSIxftWeg&feature=related"]YouTube - Haunted Evidence, J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett Part 4[/ame]

Please help me bring these girls killings to justce, any opinion or idea helps

Hey Bamamom! I was looking for more info on this case and came across this article written by what looks like "someone from the neighborhood". She seems to think they have an idea of who the murderer is...take a look will ya?
See if any if these folks are familiar to you..I'd love to know what you think :)

Tracie Hawlett and J.B. Beasley, both 17 - were killed execution style in 1999 with a single gunshot each to the heads, then stuffed in the trunk of a car and left on Herring Ave, in Ozark, AL.

Now- this is where this gets extremely wierd. In order to correctly tell their story, I need to go back 10 years prior, to 1989.
http://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/460790?rfrid=lifewriter

Alot of people here dont think this guy had anything to do with it. The murder didn't take place on Herring and more then likely you wouldnt park the car on the very street you live on. J.B. was seeing a married cop and had recently threatened to tell his wife. Alot of people beliebe a law officer or someone affiliated with one done it. The cops had this whole someone with a tow truck had to of done it because their was no foreign dna in the car. We all kinda found it hard to believe they would stop at night for a tow truck and him hook the car up and drive it to where ever he killed them and then drive it to Herring and unload it. Whoever did it was very careful. At first they said they found an unknown handprint in the car then recanted their story. They found the car around 8 am and did not open the trunk until after 10. They also said they did not see the blood under the car. There was semen on J.B's clothes and they gathered dna from alot of people. A few from the police station refused to have their dna checked. the big/little tracie called home from and to get directions is right up the street from me. The clerks say they saw the girls pull out towards the highway. They would've had to of went the other way to some how end up lost on Herring. The bottom of the girls clothes were wet like they had treaded through water. The police had the reward money froze after just a few days. A man they had interviewed claimed he was there when the girl's were killed but that he did not kill them. He had changed his story many times. At the time of her death J.B's mom had lost custody of her to the state. She opened a case against dhr afterwards since they had not been keeping up with her daughter when she got killed. The way J.B's license was sat out and the window cracked is kinda like she had been pulled over . The police botched the evidense and crime scene real bad. I hope one day whoever knows something will come forward.

No progress in the case as of two years ago.....

http://www.wtvy.com/home/headlines/12th_Anniversary_of_Unsolved_Ozark_Murder__126451888.html

"I haven't spent the past twelve years hating, I have done nothing but hurt,â€￾ Burgoon said. “I miss her and hurt for the public, I see them hurting and I don't have the strength to be out there to hold them up, but they want to hold us up, the mothers, you know, which is a beautiful thing,â€￾ she said.

J.B.'s mother Cheryl says she only wants to catch the person who did this to the love of her life and wants peace for the community. She also wants people to remember her daughter before the murder.

“She was a sparkle of life, she was loud and fun and you know mom might have been her little calm down J.B, you know, “Burgoon said. “She was vivacious, she was beautiful, she was smart,â€￾ she said.

As for the future, Cheryl has some advice for other parents coping with a loss of a child as well.

"Hope that we'll see them again, I believe that we'll see them again, that's all I can give them,â€￾ Burgoon said.

Watching the show "Haunted Evidence," I'm really upset by the "psychics" giving false hope to the parents. I really don't believe in anything supernatural, and it dismays me that charlatans make a living doing this.

Watching the show "Haunted Evidence," I'm really upset by the "psychics" giving false hope to the parents. I really don't believe in anything supernatural, and it dismays me that charlatans make a living doing this.

There are a lot of charlatans, and I would not call myself a believer in the supernatural; but I am not ready to condemn every psychic. I reckon there are people who are particularly sensitive to "things". However, the minute they start accepting money for predictions, I distrust them immediately. Going on television and seeking publicity is as bad or worse.

A DNA breakthrough has led to the arrest of a man in the cold case murders of two Alabama teens 20 years ago.

Coley McCraney, 45, was arrested on Saturday for the murders of Tracie Hawlett and J.B. Beasley.

The two 17-year-old girls were found dead in the trunk of J.B.'s car in 1999, a day after being reported missing by their families. They vanished on their way home from party in Ozark, Alabama.

Both girls had been shot once in the head and one of them had been raped.

Police collected DNA from the scene but for years they have been unable to find a match to a potential suspect.

However, a recent search found a match to one of McCraney's relatives who had voluntarily submitted their DNA to find out more about their ancestry.

Investigators traced it back to the man, who now lives in a different city but who once lived where the girls' bodies were found.

He has been charged with two counts of murder and one count of rape.

The teenage girls' families believe they had gotten lost on their way home from the party they were at and stopped at a gas station when they were attacked.

Back