• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

m0skau

The Wicked King
9781435132771_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Rome had it all. I've always been interested in ancient history, so this book was a must read for me. It gives a fantastic insight into just how fscked up of a place Rome really was. An awful precedent was set with the assassination of Julius Caesar (Is your emperor fscking up a little too much to handle? Time to kill him and install someone even more insane!), and the book only gets more intense from there. Did you know that there were only FIVE emperors that were considered good emperors?

I cannot recommend this book enough. It is filled with beautiful pictures of marble busts and art throughout the ages depicting Ancient Rome, as well as some modern day pictures of some of the still standing sights.

10/10, Would read again.

Latest posts

Back