• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A Pennsylvania man was arrested Tuesday after he allegedly stabbed an 8-year-old boy to death, officials said.

Keith Burley, 43, was involved with a domestic incident in Union Township around 10:30 p.m. on Monday, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

Authorities said Burley assaulted a 36-year-old woman and later drove away in her vehicle — along with her two children, ages 7 and 8.

Burley allegedly stabbed the 8-year-old, who was found dead in a home elsewhere, WTAE reported. The 7-year-old reportedly fled to a neighbor's house.

From the link.
. The man — who was reportedly on parole for homicide — was captured by the U.S. Marshals Service in Youngstown, Ohio.
God damn mama, why did you get involved with a paroled murderer?
Because shit like this happens more often when you aren't more selective.
Keith Burley, 43, was involved with a domestic incident in Union Township around 10:30 p.m. on Monday, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

Authorities said Burley assaulted a 36-year-old woman and later drove away in her vehicle — along with her two children, ages 7 and 8.

More than four years after an 8-year-old boy was stabbed to death, the man accused of killing him in New Castle, Pennsylvania is facing his day in court. But so far, the trial has been anything but calm, according to local news reports.

Keith Burley, 47, chose to represent himself in the case where he is facing multiple charges, including criminal homicide, kidnapping and aggravated assault, according to police records.

Because Burley is acting in his own defense, it means 8-year-old Mark “Markie” Mason’s mother was called to the witness stand Thursday, Aug. 24, and questioned by the man accused of killing her son in July 2019, according to New Castle News.

“You’re sitting here questioning me and you killed my son, point blank. You have the nerve to sit there and ask me when you know you killed my child,” Maram Ford said in response to one of Burley’s questions, New Castle News reported.

Burley had previously been arrested in 1999 on murder charges and served a 20-year sentence, according to court records. He was released months before Mason was killed, according to WPXI.

A man received two consecutive life sentences for stabbing an eight-year-old boy who died in Lawrence County.
Last month, a jury found Keith Burley, 47, guilty of criminal homicide, simple assault and kidnapping to inflict injury and terror charges last month following a trial. The jury deliberated for less than 15 minutes.

In July 2019, Burley stabbed 8-year-old Mark “Markie” Mason Jr. to death in Union Township after police say he abducted him from his mother. The murder happened in front of Mark’s younger brother.
“What started as an argument in a car escalated to an assault, a strangulation, to a kidnapping, and then ultimately to the murder of an 8-year-old boy,” said District Attorney John Lamancusa.

Lamancusa said a video clip from 27 First News’ coverage of Burley’s arrest in Youngstown may have helped seal his fate. After he was taken into custody, Burley accused prosecutors of planting a piece of clothing in his belongings. Investigators say the video proved he was actually wearing that item when he was taken into custody.

Despite his continued claims of innocence, Judge Dominic Motto said evidence in the case was “overwhelming”

Back