• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A mother whose two toddlers died in a fire while home alone has pleaded guilty to criminally negligent homicide and says her daughters’ deaths are “a feeling I can’t forget.”

Court records show she entered the plea Feb. 7 and is due for sentencing next month.

The Times says Haya Konte, 29, who is in the U.S. illegally, won’t go to prison but agreed to leave the country.

Investigators said burning incense caused the deadly blaze in her Bronx public housing apartment in April 2016.

Konte was doing laundry across the street. She says she thought a roommate was home.

I remember this story-She was offered a plea deal but refused to take it and was fighting to not be deported. She was pregnant at the time of her daughters death.

Post automatically merged:

Everything Haya Konte had ever dreamed of for herself and for her family in America perished in a matter of minutes on April 13, 2016.

That day, Ms. Konte, a young undocumented immigrant, stepped out of an apartment in the Butler Houses, a public housing complex in the Bronx, to get her two toddlers ice cream and to put clothes in the dryer at a laundromat across the street. She left the girls — aged 2 and 18 months — home alone with incense burning. She was under the mistaken impression a roommate was in the home at the time, she said.

Between sobs, Ms. Konte, 29, pleaded guilty to two counts of criminally negligent homicide in the deaths of her daughters Jainabu Jabbie, 2, and Adama Jabbie, 18 months. As part of the no-prison plea deal, she also agreed to voluntarily leave the country. The guilty plea had taken more than two years to negotiate.

Since the fire, Ms. Konte and the daughter she was carrying at the time, who is now 2, have been living in a shelter in the South Bronx. Ms. Konte and her husband divorced last year.

Ms. Konte arrived at court earlier this month with her daughter, who resembles Jainabu. The restless toddler looked on as Ms. Konte pleaded guilty for the deaths of her sisters.

Christine Scaccia, a senior prosecutor in the Bronx district attorney’s office, told Justice Ralph Fabrizio in State Supreme Court that prosecutors had met with Ms. Konte’s ex-husband and he found the plea to be “acceptable.” Mr. Jabbie could not be reached for comment.

Ms. Konte said during the interview that she felt rushed into making a decision to take the plea offer. She also said she had been scared about going to trial.

Some community leaders and city officials questioned the Bronx district attorney’s decision to bring criminal charges against Ms. Konte.

“There’s no punishment greater than what she actually lost,” Councilman Rory Lancman, a candidate for Queens district attorney, said, adding, “And the knowledge that she maybe could have prevented it. Why would banishment be appropriate? There’s no point to it.”

Last edited:
Good get out ... This bitch is obviously too stupid to be here !!! Who the fuck burns incense in the house when you're not even there and the kids are home alone in it ???

the Times articles agenda is to make you feel sorry for this woman and the children, the other tenants and fire fighters hurt are an after thought.

They want you to feel that her deportation is too harsh a sentence for a woman already suffering.

I looked for a fuck to give and could not find a single one.

the Times articles agenda is to make you feel sorry for this woman and the children, the other tenants and fire fighters hurt are an after thought.

They want you to feel that her deportation is too harsh a sentence for a woman already suffering.

I looked for a fuck to give and could not find a single one.
That's funny. I couldn't find any fucks to give either.

I'm sitting here pissed off that she was an undocumented immigrant enjoying the benefits of an apartment in the Butler Houses, a public housing complex.

Sorry for the Mini Rant
So can someone tell me again how, Illegal undocumented immigrants, do not get the benefits our citizens are afforded? This is a real issue when we have children in this country that go to bed (if they even have a bed) hungry, nightly. It is not about politics, it is a matter of taking care of our own, before we feed and cloth, and house the rest of the world.
Stop, feeding every other countries homeless, and downtrodden, until we as a country can feed and house our own people, until our own people have medical and mental health care.

Sorry for the Mini Rant
So can someone tell me again how, Illegal undocumented immigrants, do not get the benefits our citizens are afforded? This is a real issue when we have children in this country that go to bed (if they even have a bed) hungry, nightly. It is not about politics, it is a matter of taking care of our own, before we feed and cloth, and house the rest of the world.
Stop, feeding every other countries homeless, and downtrodden, until we as a country can feed and house our own people, until our own people have medical and mental health care.

If an illegal immigrant is eating better or enjoying a better quality of life than an American citizen, that means the illlegal immigrant is more intelligent and superior to the American. This can not be denied. Dont blame the govt, don't blame illegals or anybody else, blame American idiots for being worthless failures.

The type of people who cant put food on their kids table are not the type of people we should want in this country. I'll take the illegal over the failed American citizen any and every day of the week.

Sorry for the Mini Rant
Well we don’t take care of our own. So basically you’re just saying don’t give a shit about anyone but yourself. And saying it doesn’t have anything to do with politics doesn’t make it true-and if I want to read political agendas disguised as bullshit there are a butt load of other sites I’d be on.

I do not feel that wanting to help the people we see and interact with daily as "political" thing. This is a LIFE thing.
I do help those that are struggling, I offer whatever resource, that I can. My thoughts were simply that if more people would just understand that we are all in need of compassion, and companionship at some point in our lives, and be willing to help those that are truly in need, we could then be in a better situation to help others. I have taken care of "my own" for over 36 years. I have taken care of complete strangers. If I have something and they need it more, I have always given. Do I assure my home is cared for, Yes, but that does not keep me from helping others, that have nothing. So contrary to some peoples beliefs, we do take care of our own, and as many others as possible.
Everyone can read and form an opinion on what is written. It is this that allows for intelligent interaction and possible problem solving answers.

Her husband said Ho you got to go

A Bronx mother whose two young daughters perished in a house fire — caused when burning incense ignited while she was out doing laundry — received a no-jail sentence Wednesday for the deaths.

Haya Konte, 29, has instead volunteered to leave the country in a plea deal agreed to by her ex-husband, the father of the children, officials said.

Konte pleaded guilty to criminally negligent homicide. Her third child, a 2-year-old girl, cried “Mommy!” in court as Assistant District Attorney Morgan Dolan asked that the sentence be imposed “at the approval of the father of the two children who died as a result of Ms. Konte’s action.”

Back