• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hundreds of African and Haitian migrants rioted on Tuesday and tried to escape from a temporary immigration shelter in southern Mexico.

Guards and police officers at the facility, the largest migrant center in Mexico, stopped the inmates as they attempted to flee.

This was the third migrant uprising in a month at the Feria Mesoamericana shelter, which is located in Tapachula.

Trouble ignited when migrants requested food, medical attention and help with their processing that would allow the to leave the facility.

A heartbreaking video from Mexican outlet El Universal (which was muzzed by the broadcaster and not the DailyMail) showed a Haitian mother-of-two sprawled out on the dirt pavement, crying for assistance for her sick son, 5, while her toddler crawled nearby on the ground.

'My son has been sick for a lot of days. I have suffered a lot,' the woman wailed in Spanish as she peaked through the bottom of a gate in front of a group of reporters assembled outside the shelter.

'They haven't given us a bit of food. There is no drinkable water. Help, help me with my son. He is sick. I have two sons, a five-year-old and a [14]-month-old. ... Help me please. My son is dying.'

The distraught mother, who said she had been at the immigration center for 10 days, was stopped from leaving at the main gate by members of the National Guard, National Institute of Immigration and the Federal Police.

According to EFE news agency, the National Institute of Immigration dismissed the riot as just another 'disturbance' at the facility.

The agency also reported that the NII said all migrants were fed and provided with medical attention.

Aside from dealing with an exodus from Central American heading to the United States, the Mexican government has also seen an influx of migrants from Cuba, Haiti and Africa since late 2018, usually crossing the southern border with Guatemala.

Back