• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
"I kind of just had a weird feeling, I didn't know what was going on but I just kind of had a mother’s instinct, I guess," Dévonté’s mother, Kristina Turner, said. "It is going to hurt for the rest of my life.

WTF?! A weird feeling she forgot something but the kid didn’t come to mind

Mom seems really calm about the ordeal.
Death of a loved one...meh, I can make a replacement.
Did she have custody?
What does daddy say?

. Turner said she is committed to keeping her son’s memory alive and spreading awareness about the dangers guardians face,
I find it interesting that she says "guardian" does that mean she didn't even have custody?

That would certainly explain her detached emotions.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that she says "guardian" does that mean she didn't even have custody?

That would certainly explain her detached emotions.
She could have custody and the child still could have guardians. Technically anyone in charge of a child is a guardian, custody or not, doesn't even need to be a formally appointed one. It's often used in a loose sense to describe exactly that.

It's also possible to have a parent with custody and legal guardians at the same time. I grew up living with my dad and grandparents. Dad had custody but my grandparents were also legal guardians.

Back