• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Two women are in the Benton County jail after leaving an infant in a hot car at a Walmart in Pea Ridge.

During the investigation, police determined the infant's mother, Karlee Spear, 21, and her friend Ashlee Danley, 26, had left the infant in the car for 45 minutes to an hour to go grocery shopping.

At about 2:30 p.m., Pea Ridge police got the call that an infant was inside a black Nissan Xterra at the Neighborhood Market.

Lt. Michael Lisenbee with Pea Ridge police said the baby was locked inside the car with the windows rolled up and without air conditioning. He said temperatures inside the car reached up into the triple digits.

Several people noticed the baby in the car and took action.

Michelle Holt and her husband, Nate, rescued the baby. Nate threw a brick through the back window of the car to get to the child.

“The people that busted out that window to get that kid out of that car saved that kid’s life,” Lisenbee said. “If he would’ve been in that car for another ten or 15 minutes, we would probably be having a different conversation right now.”

The mother of the baby and her friend, who were arrested at the scene, were inside grocery shopping. Police said they “simply forgot” about the child.

“I think she was in a rush, and I think she was distracted and didn’t take a few minutes to think, ‘Hey, get my infant out of the car’,” Lisenbee said.

Michelle Holt said rescuing the baby was the most terrifying thing she’s ever done.

“He was foaming at the mouth like he was spitting,” Holt said. “I just kept telling him he was really strong and that he just had to stay awake, because he was acting like he was asleep.”

As a mother herself, Holt said she doesn’t understand how someone could leave their child in the car.

Police said the mother showed remorse, but Holt said both women were unfazed by the whole situation.

“No emotion, no screaming, and then this other woman said it was going to be okay, and I started screaming, ‘It’s not going to be okay! I just saved your baby’s life!’. She looked at me with no emotion, nothing,” Holt said.

Both women are being held in the Benton County jail awaiting their bond hearings.

Police said the baby was in condition is stable.
1566499752748.png
1566499833968.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had only just turned 17 when I had my daughter and even then there were things I knew for certain.... babies need regular feeding and changing, drugs are bad mmmkay, keep them away from sharp stabby things, don't leave them alone or with a wombatard, don't shake them, and never, never leave them in the car! It's not rocket science for fucks sake!

I had only just turned 17 when I had my daughter and even then there were things I knew for certain.... babies need regular feeding and changing, drugs are bad mmmkay, keep them away from sharp stabby things, don't leave them alone or with a wombatard, don't shake them, and never, never leave them in the car! It's not rocket science for fucks sake!
“Wombatard”.....lol

October 23, 2019
A Missouri woman who left her infant inside a locked car for more than an hour in August pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of a minor.

Karlee Spear, 21, must pay $350 in fines and court costs and perform 10 days of community service.

Judge Ray Bunch also sentenced Spear to 60 days in jail, but suspended the sentence if she can pay her fines and complete the community service within a year.

Spear and Ashlee Danleywere arrested Aug. 11 after leaving Spear's infant inside a car for about 75 minutes outside the Walmart Neighborhood Market in Pea Ridge.

Pea Ridge police said it was about 87 degrees with a heat index of 98 degrees on Aug. 11.

"He was really hot. He had glass all over him but he wasn't crying," said Michelle Holt.
1591172622078.png

Last edited:
Back