• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...ce-after-she-calls-911-for-help/287-599974297
[....]
wo of Sammie Anderson’s adult sons were arguing in her front yard in early August. She said she was worried it might escalate into a physical altercation, so she asked one of their girlfriends to call 911.

By the time police arrived, the boys had stopped arguing and were separated. They had calmed down, but within seconds, dashcam video released by DeSoto police shows the situation heated back up.

Police immediately drew their tasers, which the Anderson family thought were guns, and ordered everyone to lie face down in the middle of the street.

“It had been like 110 degrees that day,” she recalled. “The ground was so hot ... I don’t understand how you go from us calling you to us needing to get on the ground.”

“I’m thinking back of my mind, 'I called and I asked for them to come, and now I have no control over what happens to my boys,'" Anderson said. "This situation is out of control and one of my sons could get killed.”

Anderson and her family complied with police to get on the ground, but some of them did roll over and get up. Officers eventually used a taser on one of her sons and arrested two of them.

“It was the worst nightmare I could ever imagine,” she said, adding that none of them had ever been in trouble with police before.

“I taught them to always say, 'yes sir' and 'no sir' to police officers,” she said. “I was always proud that my sons had never been in trouble with the law and I always raised them to stay out of trouble and do their best to be a productive citizen. And respect officers and all of those around them, always.”

DeSoto police released a copy of a 911 call and video from the dashcam of one of the first cruisers to arrive on the scene. The video shows just one angle of the incident, so there's no way to see things the way the officers saw them.

Chief Joe Costa said the 911 caller told the dispatcher one of Anderson’s sons had a sledgehammer, but it was not audible in the 911 call released to WFAA. Costa later said there's a second 911 call, which police have not yet released.

“With the information I have and relative to the video you have, our officers acted appropriately to the incident they responded to,” Costa said.

Anderson filed a complaint of excessive force and DeSoto’s internal affairs division is investigating.

“There’s no way that any laws operate the way these officers operated that night,” she said.

Anderson consulted with longtime civil rights activist Rev. Peter Johnson, who's friends with Costa.

Johnson said DeSoto needs to take a close look at what happened.

“You need to apologize to this lady and her family and reimburse them for all of the dollars you forced them to lose,” he said.

Anderson and two of her sons lost their jobs because of days missed while the boys were in jail and for doctor appointments.

Anderson said she regrets calling 911.

“I do," she said. "And I’m told by family members and other people that’s the worst thing I could do, being an African American mom with four African American sons. And it shouldn’t be that way. When I think about all the mothers out there who lost their sons the one thing I can walk away with is that mine are still here. Even though you bruised them, they’re still here. Even though you hurt them, they’re still here. They’re still here.”

FFS, it was just a fight between family members. If you raised your sons the way you say you did then you should've realized this fight would end fairly quickly without major damage to either son. I've been there, so I understand how scary it can be but bringing in police was a very bad idea. 99.9% of the time someone is going to jail when they respond, and no one needs that. If your neighbors didn't think it was a big enough deal to call 911 themselves, then it wasn't that bad. I don't think it was a racial issue; it's just what LE does.

Damn bitch in white shorts is thick as hell!
I figure cops were just doing their jobs in this.
You can't have a bunch of amped up a-holes wandering around during an investigation.

Cops are fine on this one TBH.

Back