• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hat tip to Sugar Cookie.

An Ohio mother has claimed her two-month-old daughter was 'basically already dead' when she collected her from a home daycare on Tuesday and the baby later passed away.

Taylor Bush said she realized something was wrong when she left the Nana's Home Daycare on Giddings Road in Cleveland with little girl Di'Yanni Griffin.

'So I go to walk out the door and I close the door behind me so I'm like, 'Hey, mama baby.' I realize her neck is, just, she's just lifeless,' Bush cried to Fox 8.

Bush said she ran back inside, started CPR and asked them to call 911.
full

The daycare's owner, Danielle Townsend, was not present at the time but said the baby had been sick in the days prior and she had recommended Bush take the infant to hospital.

Bush's sons were also being cared for at the property and they were asleep at the time.

'My sister calls me and says, "Call her mother",' Townsend told Fox 8. 'I said, "Well, her mother just texted me; what's wrong?" She said, "The baby is breathing fast".'

The identity of the sister is not clear but Bush said in Wednesday post that Townsend's sister was present when she came for the child.
[....]
According to Bush's social media she is a mother-of-four who works at Checkers and Rally's fast food restaurant. The licensed Type B care provider she left Di'Yanni participates in a subsidized program.

The owner – who says she has worked in daycares for 15 years and has operated her own for three years - told Fox that no one called 911 when they noticed the heavy breathing from the infant.
[....]
A June 3 inspection noted that Nana's Home Daycare had 'unsanitary conditions', 'hazardous conditions in the outdoor play area,' and didn't have an on-site first-aid kit.

Ohio Department of Job and Family Services website said that the substitute carer does not 'have a current certification in Infant and Child CPR'.

County JFS agencies are responsible for inspections of in-home child care, with oversight by ODJFS,' the agency said in a statement to FOX 8. 'The county agency is conducting an investigation and actively working with child protective services and law enforcement. ODJFS would make the final determination on whether to suspend Nana's Home Daycare license if the county agency recommends suspension.
[....]
full

The cause of death had not yet been determined on Friday.

'The case as it stands right now is listed as Probable Natural,' Cleveland Division of Police spokeswoman Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia told USA TODAY.

'The investigation is with the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office and in the event that it's determined that the baby died under suspicious circumstances, our investigators will resume the investigation. So for now, we wait for the ME's determination on cause of death.'
[....]
Bush started a GoFundMe page on Thursday as she asked for help raising $3,000 for a funeral.

'I'm trying to raise money towards memorial services for my beautiful baby girl Di'Yanni Griffin, I just want my daughter to have a proper nice burial,' Bush wrote on the website.

She planned a balloon release ceremony in memory of her daughter on June 22.

Townsend posted on Facebook: 'Hey everyone if you know me y'all know dam well that whole f**king story is fucked up in a lie I will never hurt or harm any one child in no the child did not pass in my daycare that young grl Taylor Bush let her Owen child suffer they baby was sick everyone know this is what I always wanted to do my Dream I love and care for any body kids.'
full

[....]

More photos and a video at the link.

Why? She's guilty of bad grammar and spelling errors that doesn't make her a murderer. If the baby was sick she could have died because the mother neglected taking her to the doctor.

No one being certified for pediatric CPR and the conditions inside. Not to mention the fact that they didn't call 911 when they noticed the baby in distress. A person can love kids and want to care for them, that's admirable, but the passion doesn't automatically create the ability. They are not totally to blame, there are a lot of people that failed this kid, but they need to be accountable for their part in it. Not prison if they didn't harm the baby, but running a sub par/potentially dangerous daycare shouldn't be an option.

No one being certified for pediatric CPR and the conditions inside. Not to mention the fact that they didn't call 911 when they noticed the baby in distress. A person can love kids and want to care for them, that's admirable, but the passion doesn't automatically create the ability. They are not totally to blame, there are a lot of people that failed this kid, but they need to be accountable for their part in it. Not prison if they didn't harm the baby, but running a sub par/potentially dangerous daycare shouldn't be an option.

Thiiiiis!!! ^^^

Also the place is on some sort of state subsidized program. There should have been better oversight and they shouldn't be allowed to continue on if they're not meeting the requirements.

Who else smells a lawsuit coming involving the ODJFS?

If what the mother said is accurate, that the baby was already cold when they got to the hospital and the doctors told her that meant she'd stopped breathing a significant time before, then the majority of fault would appear to be with the daycare. The mom does not seem smart enough to have made up such a viable factoid.

A lot of morons in this one.
I kind of get the feeling that the daycare is probably to blame in this instance. They were likely counting on the mum being less than well let's just say not exactly a rocket scientist and toddling off with the dead kidlet. Kind of the whole let's not say anything and she may not notice routine.

Hopefully the liver temperature will give a time of death and with luck It is well into when the child was in the care of that crappy daycare dungeon.

I will admit a picture of that baby is really disturbing. Not sure what's going on in that one at all

I will admit a picture of that baby is really disturbing. Not sure what's going on in that one at all

I agree. Not flattering, baby not looking at camera or being cute or any of the usual things in a photo. For that to be one of the few photos of baby posted to Facebook is odd to me.

This second photo was allegedly taken the day before the baby died and it is also not flattering to the baby:
15091264-7167575-image-m-27_1561131822100.jpg

There is a different picture of the baby that I honestly couldn't tell whether it had been taken in life or death. I wonder if that's the one @Sejanus is talking about. She looked limp and kind of waxy. :(

You'd think someone wouldn't post pictures of their dead child publicly but... who the fuck knows.

I'm with y'all something ain't right with the baby in those pictures.

I have a few of my oldest that I'll never show anyone because he had blood tests and such before he left the hospital and he had bruises on the back of his hands and was in a baby shit green onsie that just highlighted them. He looked like he had been beat to hell and back. Baby shit green on a newborn is not flattering.

I checked out mom's Facebook, and there was one pic of the baby, and two pics of her two sons (around age 2 and 4). The pics of the boys were also awkward and unflattering. They weren't posed or even looking at the camera, and the kids did not look happy. There were dozens of selfies of her, trying to look pouty and sexy. That says a lot to me about where her priorities were.

@Satanica @Brillig @cubby @everjaded
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services suspended the license of Nana's Home Day Care.

This follows the death of a 2-month-old baby.

The child's mother says the infant was "lifeless" when she picked her up from the day care on June 18.

Here's the statement from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services:

When a child dies while in the care of a family child care provider, the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services can immediately suspend a provider’s license. Because of the tragic situation that occurred in Cleveland last week, ODJFS has suspended the license of Nana’s Home Daycare. The facility cannot continue to operate and care for children. Its license will remain suspended until the public children services agency completes its investigation or the provider’s license is revoked.

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office identified the child as Di'Yanni Griffin.

"The complete investigation of this case may take weeks before a final cause of death is available, but there is no indication of suspicious circumstances at this time," said Dr. Thomas Gilson, the medical examiner.

So, maybe Townsend is telling the truth when she said she told Bush to take her to the doctor. If so, she shouldn't have let Bush leave her daughter there the next time. The child doesn't look right in any of the photos, so I can't wait for the official cause of death. The Medical Examiner must be going on the fact that there weren't any visible injuries.

Is that baby sleeping in a baby bathholder thing??? Wtf.....also im willing to bet baby starved to death she looks like she was wasting away really.

@Satanica
The Cuyahoga County medical examiner determined two-month-old Di’Yanni Griffin died of pneumonia.

In June, the baby’s mother, Taylor Bush, said the infant was “lifeless” when she picked her up from daycare. Di’Yanni was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Months later, Nana's Home Daycare in Cleveland remains closed; the daycare owner says she did nothing wrong.

"The whole situation is sad because my thought is the baby is sick," said Danielle Townsend, who operated Nana's Daycare. "I didn't never harm or neglect her child. I would never do that to anyone child."

The attorney for the Bush family says they are waiting for the full autopsy report to be released by the medical examiner to better determine the events leading up to Di'Yanni's death.

"Our civil investigation into this matter will not be combined to the intentional acts of those parties but we will look at wherever they could have or should have done something differently to prevent this terrible loss of a child," explained Bush's attorney, Eric Henry of the Henry Law Firm.

The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services suspended the license of Nana’s Home Day Care on June 24.

Tuesday, a spokesperson for the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services released the following statement:

"Our inspections revealed 22 code violations by the home-based child care facility, including failing to report a serious incident to our agency and that the facility was caring for more children than approved for its license. Because we take the safety of children seriously, the facility’s license was revoked."

So Mom is looking to get a pay day from the bootleg daycare she sent her child to?

Back