• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Beltrami County prosecutors have charged a Bemidji mother with neglect.

Karen Maire Gannetta, 47, faces one count of criminal neglect after detectives found her special needs adult child unresponsive and malnourished inside their Hillcrest Manor home.

According to the criminal complaint, a detective with the Bemidji Police Department responded to the residence just after noon on Oct. 2. Upon entering the home, the detective was met with a “significant amount of trash and animal urine and feces on the floor,” the complaint said.

Inside the vulnerable adult’s room, the detective observed dirty conditions, including vomit on the floor. Authorities say Gannetta attempted to wake her child but they would not respond, the complaint said. That’s when the detective called for an ambulance.

When EMS arrived, they first questioned whether the vulnerable adult was alive, before eventually detecting breathing, the complaint said.

At the hospital, the physician noted bruising on “essentially every part of the vulnerable adult’s body.” When Gannetta was asked about the bruises she told investigators that her child received them from crawling.

The physician also noted that the vulnerable adult was malnourished and severely dehydrated.

A social services forensic assessment was also conducted. The FACNM practitioner confirmed the observations of the initial physician and also noted the presence of pressure ulcers and lethargy. During the assessment, the vulnerable adult disclosed that Gannetta hits them, has made them crawl to the restroom and denies access to family members.
1571461742266.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused...is this a "vulnerable adult" or a "child"? The article flips back and forth on that.
It is the adult child of this steaming shit sack. So, both.
Post automatically merged:

I am the mother of a child with autism. In our son's case he is what would be considered as "low functioning" and to call him "vulnerable" would be gross understatement so this article makes me particularly sick. I would curb stomp the teeth out of anyone who harmed him but this pie faced oxygen thief is just smirking! Perhaps she needs to have HER teeth curb stomped out!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020
A court case is splitting a Bemidji family after documents reveal a special needs woman was nearly killed by her mom.

Karen Maire Gannetta, 47, pleaded guilty to two counts related to child abuse.

Marty Serbus said he's having a hard time wrapping his head around the arrest of Gannetta, the mother of his 20-year-old daughter.

On October 2, investigators responded to Gannetta's home after receiving a tip from the child's aunt.

The home was covered in trash, animal urine, and feces, according to court documents.

“She was [lying] in a soiled bed with no sheets,” Serbus said.

Court documents stated Bemidji police found vomit on the floor of that same room.

The woman’s health was so bad, first responders reportedly weren't sure if the vulnerable adult was even alive. Yet, eventually they detected a breath.

“It seems like she has no remorse for anything that she's done,” Serbus said about Gannetta. “She hasn't asked about her daughter…if she's fine or anything, since they've been separated.”

Doctors found the woman malnourished and severely dehydrated, according to court documents.

“She was covered in bruises from head and toe. When I was asking her how she got them…she was explaining to me that if she wanted to go to the bathroom or to her bedroom, she had to crawl there,” Serbus said.

His daughter is living with him and has gone from 90 pounds to 140 pounds since October, according to Serbus.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back