• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

A Phenix City mother has been taken into custody in connection to an apartment fire that killed an infant.

Ashley Nicole King was arrested and charged with capital murder.

First responders received the call of a fire at Cloverleaf Apartments on Apr. 24.

The four-month-old was taken to Piedmont Columbus Regional for treatment of burn injuries and was later pronounced dead.

Investigators found that the fire was deliberately set and established King as a suspect.

April 25, 2019
The family of a Phenix City mother charged with murder says Ashley Nicole King is not the monster being portrayed in recent news reports.

Phenix City Investigators say King intentionally set the fire that killed her own four month old infant.
First Responders located the baby boy, unresponsive and suffering from severe burns according to a press release.

The four month old never recovered and now the mother is facing a capital murder charge.

King’s sister tells First News exclusively the mother of two was a good provider who loved her kids.
The horrific allegation, that King intentionally set that fire to kill her own infant baby doesn’t add up for those closest to the mother and child.

Details of the incident were not made public but First News has learned police investigators believe she used an accelerant to set the apartment fire and left the baby to die.
King allegedly texted the father of the baby telling him she would be in jail soon.

WLTZ has learned since this report initially aired that King had an outstanding warrant for bail jumping.

The narrative released by police is in stark contrast to the woman and mom her sister describes.

“The story is all wrong. It’s twisted. She loves her kids,” King’s sister told First News.

Samicah Jackson saw her sister and the baby the night before the fatal fire and said nothing was out of the ordinary.

“She was not upset. She was not mad. She wasn’t, she wasn’t in any kind of mood,” Jackson said.

Jackson describes her sister as highly intelligent and intensely private, for that reason declined to elaborate on what she said King was going through.

“I did notice that she was hurting on the inside and not telling but to say that she wants to kill her child and wants to see her child dead. That’s not her. I’m really more concerend about her mental state now because I know that’s not her and I know that it’s killing her on the inside,” Jackson said.

The suspect’s sister also had a message for the community at large quick to judge the Phenix City woman.

“You can’t always trust what you see in the news. I want the public to know a lot of you people know that girl and these are the same people that are making these comments and statements and bad mother and unfit mother and just like she’s a horrible person and you guys know that girl and stop passing judgement on people before you know what really happened,” she said.
1585567422651.png

Back