• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A baby was allegedly abused by its mother, who is now behind bars.

Angela Thornton, 32-years-old of Shaprsburg, is charged with endangering the welfare of children and aggravated assault.

Doctors at Children’s Hospital found the opioid, buprenorphine, in Thornton’s 1-year-old son's bloodstream, several broken ribs and bruising on his shoulders.

Police say Thornton told the doctor that she takes eight milligrams of prescribed suboxone strips by breaking them in half, so she can take the other half later.

Thornton said there is no way her son could have got into the medication. She went on to say that the family dog could have possibly taken empty wrappers out of the garbage.

The baby’s father was also at the hospital with Thornton.

Police say he got upset because the hospital was focusing on the baby’s bruising and broken bones and told doctors his son was only given aspirin.

Thornton said she is the only one who cares for the baby around the clock and would have known if her son had broken ribs.

Doctors then said there is no logical explanation for how the drug got into the child’s system.

Drugs in the baby you say? Dunno nuttin 'bout dat. Musta been the dogs, yeah, that's it. Broken ribs? Dunno nuttin 'bout dat either. Yeah, I heard cracking noises but thought it was just my knuckles when I picked him up. So we is innocent!

Back