• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Shawna Renae Bieber, 22, is facing a felony charge in Tarrant County after allegedly suffocating her 7-month-old daughter in a Cook Children's Hospital room.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, Bieber claimed that her daughter had been having breathing issues and was "turning blue." She brought her to Cook Children's Hospital in February, but "nurses observed no problem" with the baby.

According to the affidavit, after Bieber had been alone in a room with the child, she came to alert nurses that her daughter was having an episode. A nurse recalled to a detective that Bieber "repeatedly said with a note of excitability 'I told you. This is exactly what happens at home. I told you guys.'"

Cook Children's staff suspected that Bieber was responsible for the episode, so they moved her and her daughter to a room with a covert video system, the affidavit explains. There, authorities say, a hidden camera recorded Bieber strangling her daughter before rushing to find nurses.

A description of the video in the affidavit says Bieber "appears either start squeezing the victim or suffocating the victim against her chest." With oxygen monitor alarms going off, she then "puts the victim in the crib" and "stands over the victim and stares down" for several seconds before leaving to get a nurse.

Bieber lost another child in 2016, and according to the affidavit, she told another person that that child "came back as a demon and was trying to take the victim away from" her.

According to the affidavit, when the baby was finally removed from Bieber, she was kept at Cook Children's Hospital for several days of observation.

Nurses found her to be healthy, happy and perfectly normal, and the child is now in the foster care system where she has been on an oxygen monitor and has not had any breathing problems.

A Tarrant County mother who suffocated her baby on multiple occasions was sentenced to 12 years in prison on Wednesday.

Shawna Bieber, 24, was caught on camera inside Cook Children’s Medical Center squeezing her then 7-month-old daughter against her chest until she went limp. She told medical staff that her daughter had suddenly stopped breathing on her own. Staff were able to revive the baby.

According to Tarrant County detectives, the Cleburne woman was likely faking her daughter’s illness as part of a syndrome called Munchhausen by proxy, a disorder in which a person exaggerates or creates medical symptoms in another to gain attention. Prosecutors said Bieber intentionally caused her daughter to stop breathing on 10 occasions.
Bieber has signed over her parental rights to the child.

Bieber’s defense attorney, Clay Graham, emphasized that Bieber has a low IQ, borderline personality disorder and had a chaotic, and potentially abusive, childhood in the foster care system. He argued she should be treated and given a chance to be rehabilitated, not sent to prison.

Psychologist Jeanine Galusha testified at the sentencing that she examined Bieber in jail and determined she had an IQ of 73 and her life had been “tumultuous and chaotic.” She said treatment might help Bieber over time, but added that Bieber had not accepted responsibility for hurting her child and showed a lack of empathy for her daughter.
Bieber had another daughter, Annabelle Rose Davis, who died in February 2016 at 3 months from what was ruled as natural causes. Owens described Annabelle’s death as “unusual and suspicious” and said the risk was too high that Bieber would harm children she might have in the future. The prosecution also argued Bieber had a history of lying and manipulation. Owens emphasized that Bieber told multiple different accounts of what led to her daughter’s suffocation.

While Bieber told medical staff her daughter stopped breathing on her own, she told a friend that she was trying to rid her daughter of a demon, according to an arrest affidavit written by Tarrant County investigator Michael Weber. A friend told Weber that Bieber said her dead daughter, Annabelle, had come back as a demon and was trying to take her new baby away. Bieber told the woman that she placed her hand over daughter’s mouth “in an attempt to get rid of the demon,” the arrest affidavit states.

Bieber had never mentioned a demon to anyone else, the investigator points out in his affidavit, and had told the baby’s father that if she hurt her daughter, she didn’t remember doing it.

Grammar, I think you are right, she’s assaulted this wee one, chances are she did it before too! I think she is correct about the demon, it is her! I don’t think “parenting classes” are going to help, much. I think she needs the spay/neuter clinic and she should not not not ever work with any person under 21 years of age! Perhaps some remedial learning classes mental health counsel .
Post automatically merged:

So sorry, auto correct changed Granmaw to grammar. It was my intent to comment on Granmaws content.

Last edited:
Back