• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Rotten Apple

Trusted Member
(CBS/AP) The Caddo Parish district attorney and the U.S. Justice Department will investigate the case of a woman who is seen in a police department video lying in a pool of blood in an interrogation room, police chief Henry Whitehorn said Wednesday.

Angela Garbarino of Mooringsport has said she was beaten after her Nov. 17 arrest on a drunk driving charge. The attorney for Wiley Willis, the police officer who was fired Feb. 5 in connection with the case, has said through his attorney that Garbarino fell.

image3855794g.jpg

Be sure to check out the video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/21/national/main3855832.shtml

The video is disturbing to say the least. There is no way this woman got these injuries from a fall.

Last edited:
Uh. I've fallen down more than a few times in my long and clumsy life.

But I've never broken my teeth and blackened both eyes in the process ... nor have I left behind a pool of blood.

"What chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

One thing to keep in mind: When you break your nose, you will often get two black eyes from the injury. That is exactly what this looks like to me. The bruising is perfectly symmetrical. It looks more like subdermal flowing than physical trauma.

I'm not saying she is lying, or that she wasn't abused. But if she fell forward, and hit her upper-jaw on the floor, she could lose those teeth, break her nose, and have that exact bruise-pattern. So, I'm suspending judgment for now.

Edit: Check under "Symptoms": http://www.upmc.com/HealthManagement/ManagingYourHealth/HealthReference/Diseases/?chunkiid=11648

My Merk Manual confirms this, and I have a lovely story with some anecdotal evidence. :D

Last edited:
Ok, I can see the broken nose and black eyes, MAYBE even the missing teeth from falling face first in handcuffs. However, she also had a fractured cheekbone and bruises all over her body. That had to be some kind of fall for that to happen. Seriously, she had to fall and bounce once to sustain all those injuries. Did you see the video?

I've never broken my nose before, but I've been given a couple of bloody noses. That is alot of blood on the floor.

Plus this cop already had a couple of complaints filed against him.

i wouldnt doubt the cop roughed her up. but the pic looks like makeup was used ??

the camera is on to protect him as well-turning it off doesnt make him look too shiny esp. with the body on the floor/blood when the footage begins streaming again.

interesting.

i have broken my nose several times and it is ugly and bloody, black eyes et al-but swollen-big time. i wonder how much later (after the "fall") this photo was taken.

a drunk can fuck themselves up pretty good without much effort..dunno

suspicious to say the least.

the pic looks like some decent f/x work is all i can think when i look at it.

and it is louisiana...

he started to cuff her and then the frame breaks and she isnt cuffed-

the clip has been altered it would seem-

blither, blither..

I have had my nose broken with only slight bruising, nothing compared to what his woman has. It looks like she got a night stick to the face.

What really bothers me is the fact that the officer turned off the video. He knew she was getting ready to have an "accident", and didn't want it to be recorded. I also find it odd that once she started raising hell, why other officers didn't come to help out, or at least see what was going on.

I also find it odd that once she started raising hell, why other officers didn't come to help out, or at least see what was going on.

Seriously, did he even need other officers? That lady didn't look like she weighed very much. He could have controlled her if he wanted to, she was cuffed. Then again, he looked kind of out of shape. Hitting the Krispy Kreme one too many times I think.

Yeah, I know. My obvious bias against police officers is showing...

Seriously, did he even need other officers? That lady didn't look like she weighed very much. He could have controlled her if he wanted to, she was cuffed. Then again, he looked kind of out of shape. Hitting the Krispy Kreme one too many times I think.

Yeah, I know. My obvious bias against police officers is showing...

It is easier for two officers to control a suspect so he/she doesn't get hurt. Is still curious why no one bothered to check out the ruckus coming from that room.

If he really did rough her up, which seems pretty bloody likely, then he needs to be made to suffer. This kind of shit is not okay. Police are here to protect and serve, not beat the shit out of restrained women who are there to be questioned.

One thing to keep in mind: When you break your nose, you will often get two black eyes from the injury. That is exactly what this looks like to me. The bruising is perfectly symmetrical. It looks more like subdermal flowing than physical trauma.

I'm not saying she is lying, or that she wasn't abused. But if she fell forward, and hit her upper-jaw on the floor, she could lose those teeth, break her nose, and have that exact bruise-pattern. So, I'm suspending judgment for now.

Edit: Check under "Symptoms": http://www.upmc.com/HealthManagement/ManagingYourHealth/HealthReference/Diseases/?chunkiid=11648

My Merk Manual confirms this, and I have a lovely story with some anecdotal evidence. :D

I can see how ilt could happen that way. But how convenient that the camera was turned off by the cop and thats when she took her "FALL" :rolleyes:

Back