• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Augusta woman was arrested Thursday after she was found living with her family in poor conditions.

Whitney Davis, 28, was charged with two counts of deprivation of a minor. Davis told Richmond County Sheriff deputies she and her husband had been living in tents in the front yard of the residence, on the 700 block of Bennock Mill Road, with their two children, ages 6 and 3.

Davis said their home had been without power for at least five days. According to an incident report, deputies found the house in deplorable living conditions and unfit for human habitation.

Deputies found old food and dirty dishes cluttered in the kitchen. According to the report, the house was in complete disarray with dirty clothes and other plates and dishes of old food around the house. The house also had a foul odor.

Her husband, Daryl Davis, was listed as a co-defendant and a suspect, but has not been arrested.
1569069257994.png

I'm not so sure if I agree with the arrest and charges. I need more details.

Why was their power off?

There is a tumbling down period when one loses power and water.
All the dirty dishes and spoiled food is sure to happen when the utilities are cut off.

The fact that they removed the children out and away from it says they at least knew it was too gross and harmful to stay inside.

People camp all the time with kids.

If they didnt miss any meals, and they weren't being beat on. Then I say they need help more than arrest, charges, jail, community service, probation and ultimately fines.

There is a tumbling down period when one loses power and water.
All the dirty dishes and spoiled food is sure to happen when the utilities are cut off.

The fact that they removed the children out and away from it says they at least knew it was too gross and harmful to stay inside.
What was stopping the family from putting trash and spoiled food in trash bags? And if they were so poor they lost utilities, they still had enough food to let rot. Mom hasn't missed any meals. These are people who gave up for longer than five days.

Back