• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police arrested a California mother after a train dragged her 8-year-old daughter Monday, killing her.

Joy Frances Collins, 44, has been charged with child neglect likely to cause great bodily injury or death and trespassing, according to Central Valley Today.

Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer said at a press conference Thursday that Collins, her 9-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter were trying to get to a bus stop around 6 p.m. when a mile-long train blocked their route.

The train slowed and eventually stopped. Dyer said that – just seconds after the train came to a halt – Collins told the children that they had to hurry or they would miss the bus, according to a witness.

The mother then told the 9-year-old son to cross the railroad track,” Dyer said. “The son then crawled underneath one of the rail cars to get over to the west side.”

Dyer said Collins then told her daughter, identified by the paper as Joyanna Harris, to follow, but the girl was reluctant at first.

“Upon being encouraged to cross the track, she, too, made her way underneath the rail car and attempted to get to the other side,” Dyer said.

It was then that the train lurched forward, Dyer said, leaving the girl lodged under the car.

“That child was pulled or dragged on the railroad for approximately 500 feet,” Dyer said.

Collins ran alongside the train and finally pulled her daughter’s severely injured body from underneath the train.

Dyer said the girl was critically injured and partially dismembered. Joyanna Harris was pronounced dead at the scene, according to The Fresno Bee.
https://kfor.com/2018/12/18/mother-charged-after-8-year-old-girl-killed-by-train/
1545187425596.png
1545187505053.png

Holy fuck! Who tells their child to crawl under a train?!?!

Can you even imagine telling your reluctant child "no no honey, it's ok. It's fine.. just come on"
Then running along side the train as that same child is dragged and dismembered and dead because you told them to?!
Fuckkkkk

Oh my God. I can't even imagine.

On a side note... they still missed the bus.

Holy fuck! Who tells their child to crawl under a train?!?!

Can you even imagine telling your reluctant child "no no honey, it's ok. It's fine.. just come on"
Then running along side the train as that same child is dragged and dismembered and dead because you told them to?!
Fuckkkkk

Oh my God. I can't even imagine.

On a side note... they still missed the bus.
Amazingly, we have another story here very similar to this one.
A baby lost an arm and I think one of the other children died.
Post automatically merged:

Good news!
Only the baby lost an arm. Other 2 children survived.
https://dreamindemon.com/community/...d-crawl-under-a-train-now-1yr-limbless.91894/

Last edited:
October 9, 2023

A Fresno mother has been found guilty of child abuse and endangerment following a deadly train crash in 2018.
On Monday, twelve jurors found Joy Collins responsible for a tragic train incident that left her 8-year-old daughter dead.

"Juror in seat nine, your verdict as to count one?" Judge Heather Mardel Jones asked. "Guilty," the juror said.
The crime occurred in 2018 when Collins and her two young kids were walking in central Fresno.
As they rushed to catch a bus, prosecutors say Collins urged her children to pass underneath an idle freight train at the rail crossing on North Diana Street and Belmont Avenue.

Collins' 9-year-old son made it through, but as her daughter was underneath, the train started to move.

The cargo train was about a mile long, according to testimony, and dragged little Joyanna Harris for nearly a hundred yards.
Paramedic Jason Wilson arrived at the scene moments later.

"The police officer was covering someone with his jacket, and I asked him to lift it up," Wilson testified last week. "I noticed it was a little girl who had some severe injuries. She was nonresponsive."

Last week, the jury saw photos of the young victim and the graphic scene.
The evidence was so disturbing that Collins, who was not in custody, stepped out of the courtroom.

As the clerk read the two guilty verdicts, the mother seemed to hold back tears.

The jury is now considering if there were aggravating factors at the time Collins' children crawled underneath the train. That decision could impact her sentence.

The mother of a girl who died while trying to crawl under an idling train that started moving was sentenced to six years in prison, according to court records.
Joy Frances Collins was arrested in December 2018 in Fresno, Calif., and charged with child abuse after she told her 8-year-old daughter to crawl under the train so they could catch a bus on the other side of the tracks, police said at the time.
The girl, Joyanna Harris, died moments later, police said, after following her 9-year-old brother, who had just crawled under the train. The boy was injured.
Collins was found guilty of two counts of child abuse and endangerment in October, court records indicate, and was sentenced Tuesday.
At her sentencing, Collins pleaded with a judge, hoping to avoid prison time, reported KFSN.

"There's not a day that goes by that I don't regret any of that, and I do," Collins reportedly said. "And I beg for your mercy so I won't have to go into a prison."
The outlet reported that Collins’ son is in the custody of his grandparents.

Horrific! Is she related to the woman who had her son outside on top of the car to hold down mattress and decided to go onto the freeway like that? And of course he flew off.. with the mattress?

Back