• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 33-year-old Maine woman arrested Tuesday in the death of her 1-year-old daughter is accused of rubbing heroin residue on the girl’s gums to help her sleep, court documents say.

Kimberly Nelligan, of Bangor, appeared in court Wednesday and pleaded not guilty to charges of child endangerment and drug possession, the Bangor Daily News reports.

Her daughter Jordynn was found unresponsive at home in October 2018 and was pronounced dead at an area hospital, WCSH reports. The Maine medical examiner later determined that she died of acute intoxication from the powerful, synthetic opioid fentanyl.

The Bangor Daily News reports that the child’s father told police he saw Nelligan apply the residue to the little girl’s gums more than a dozen times when she had trouble falling asleep. She allegedly told him that she would never hurt the girl on purpose, and that she had done the same thing with their two older children when they were younger.

The medical examiner’s office concluded that Jordynn directly ingested the fentanyl that killed her, the paper reports.
1568857130287.png
1568857157773.png

Last edited:
While in court on Sept. 18, Nelligan made obscene gestures and mouthed inappropriate phrases.

Nelligan was granted bail on Wednesday under the condition she has no unsupervised contact with minors, no contact with her daughter’s father, and she was ordered to stay away from drugs, except marijuana, among other conditions.

"She has to submit to random search and testing and submit to a mental health evaluation and begin services for that," said Penobscot County District Attorney Marianne Lynch.

Nelligan is due back in court on November 12.

Holy fuck, check out druggie mom's dumpster fire Facebook rant before it goes a way

Last edited:
On 6/11/19 detective Smith and I went to penebeco(?) County Jail to speak with Shane Smith. I told Shane that I wanted to speak with him about Jordynn and not about why he was in jail. Shane immediately said he has known what happened since day one. Shane said Kim was taking the leftover baggies from their “dope” and using the residue to put on the inside of Jordynn’s gums to help her sleep. Shane said Kim told him she had done it with her other kids in the past. Shane said he watched Kim do this numerous times to Jordynn. Shane said Jordynn had a lot of problems with her stomach and sleeping. Shane said Kimberly promised him what she was doing would not hurt Jordynn. Shane said Kimberly did this to Jordynn for about 2 months before she died. Shane estimated he had seen Kimberly do this “trick” about 15 times. Shane said he tried to talk to Kimberly about what happened and Kimberly told him “ you know I didn’t hurt our daughter on purpose” and then talked about being charged for her death. I asked Shane if he had seen Kimberly do this to Jordynn numerous times, why didn’t he say something to her at that time. Shane sobbed and said he thought everything was going to be fine. Shane said he thought it wasn’t enough that he thought would hurt anyone. Shane agreed that he did not protect his child.

Dad is a piece of shit too.

Bangor police are searching for the father of a baby who died last year of a fentanyl overdose.

Shane Smith, 31, of Winterport, is wanted for endangering the welfare of a child, police said Friday.

Police said Smith was in contact with them and arranged to turn himself in but didn't follow through.

Kimberly Nelligan, 33, has pleaded not guilty and is free on bail but can't be around children without supervision and can't contact Smith.

Last edited:
As police continue to search for a man wanted in connection with the overdose death of a local toddler, some are organizing a special way to remember the little girl.

Jordynn Nelligan was born in 2017 during October, which also is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.

She died on Oct. 19 of last year after being exposed to Fentanyl, a powerful synthetic painkiller linked to a majority of the state’s drug overdose deaths.

People from all over Maine and the nation have joined a “Justice for Jordy” Facebook page to discuss the crime.
One member from Livermore is hosting a Purple Pumpkins for Jordy event.

“I just kind of wanted to get people thinking about, about the girl, about little Jordynn and not everything you see on the news and the case,” said Crystal Sheppard, a member of the Facebook page. “You know, this is about a baby, so I wanted people to have something … as a way to honor her.”

According to the Domestic Violence Awareness Project, the color purple is meant to be a symbol of peace, courage, survival, honor, and dedication to ending violence.

Police issued a warrant for Shane Smith, 31, on Sept. 20 and he turned himself into the Penobscot County Jail late Thursday.

He entered a not guilty plea and Judge Patrick Larson set his bail at $1,000 for the misdemeanor charge.

“The endangering the welfare of a child statute that we have only allows us to charge a misdemeanor,” said Suzanne Russell, assistant district attorney for Penobscot County. “I know there is legislation before the legislature now to consider upgrading that.”

Jordynn Nelligan died on Oct. 19, 2018, after she was exposed to Fentanyl, a powerful painkiller.

The child’s mother, Kim Nelligan, 33, also faces the same endangering charge.

They each face up to a year in jail, if convicted of the endangering charge.

Back