• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A young British mom was murdered in front of her baby daughter in Greece on Tuesday as she tried to hide from burglars who tied up her husband and hanged their dog outside their house, according to police.

In an abhorrent crime that has shocked the Mediterranean country, the 20-year-old mom — named by local media as UK passport-holder Caroline Crouch — was found beaten and strangled in her attic beside her 11-month-old daughter, police said.

Her husband, identified as 32-year-old pilot Babis Anagnostopoulos, told police three hooded men had burst into their house in the Athens neighborhood of Glyka Nera at 5 a.m. and tied him to a chair while demanding money, the Greek Reporter said.

Once he finally managed to free himself, he found his murdered wife next to their crying baby where they had been hiding in the attic, sources told the outlet.

Local news site Ta Nea said the killer crooks may have even turned their guns on the baby and threatened to shoot her if the mum did not reveal where the family valuables were hidden.

They then strangled Crouch to stop her screaming — before escaping with cash and jewelry worth around $18,250, sources told the site.

“The woman appears to have been strangled by the robbers in their bid to locate jewelry and cash the couple may have had in their home,” a senior police investigator told The Times of London.

“We are waiting for the coroner’s report to establish if there was any other type of assault.”

The baby appeared to be unharmed, with photos in The National Herald showing her being carried out of the crime scene while wrapped in a blanket.
1620748434912.png

Last edited:
F7469D6E-EFDE-43CE-BA3C-2849E8602864.jpeg

The thieves appeared to be experienced and had likely been watching the couple for some time before Tuesday’s deadly raid, police told the UK Times.

Detectives were trawling local surveillance footage to see how the gang escaped, and whether they had previously staked out the area, the outlet said.

A fourth gang member may have kept watch outside the house during the deadly raid, the reports said.

The robbers forced their way into the two storey house at 4.30am this morning after breaking a CCTV camera and hanging the family's dog by its own leash.

According to news site Ta Nea, a fourth criminal kept watch outside the suburban home as the other three found the couple sleeping with their child in an attic bedroom.

Caroline was tied to the bed using a t-shirt and was strangled to death by the depraved gang to stop her screaming for her baby's safety.

Some conflicting reports say husband Charalambos was found sleeping in another room by the killers.

According to The Times, who spoke to a senior police officer, the pilot tried to fight the gang off before he was tied to a chair.

He said: "It was shortly after five. I saw three hooded men. One was tall. They shouted and threatened in broken Greek.

"They tied me to a chair and then went on my wife."

The same report quotes the pilot as telling police he was sleeping downstairs during the break-in

“When I managed to break free, I rushed upstairs to the attic to find my wife on the floor facing down, and the baby next to her wailing,” he reportedly told cops.
I read another article that said the parents were downstairs asleep in their room and the baby was asleep in the attic which is misleading.. it had been converted into a full nursery..

FTA - The thieves appeared to be experienced and had likely been watching the couple for some time before Tuesday’s deadly raid, police told the UK Times.

Or maybe hubby let them know the locations of the neighborhood cameras in advance (at least the cameras he knew about).

Just a thought...

Pay close attention to the husband and see if he suddenly winds up with a new imported girlfriend. This whole thing reeks of a setup. Also because the dog was strung up, I wonder if it belonged to her?

Also why was she hiding in the attic but he hadn’t been? Maybe he knew he didn’t need to hide. Maybe he told her to take the baby and hide, and that he’d “handle it”. If she was up there hiding, why did they bother to go up and kill her, when it just took extra time and steps for a regular old robbery? It sounds like a hit staged as a robbery. I can’t quite figure out the dog. If robbers want to avoid a dog, they might shut it out, shut it in a room, or if they have guns, shoot it to silence it. They had to get at least within a few feet of it to hang it by its leash. Maybe the dog was “hers” and he resented how much she doted on it? Like Sejanus said. I’m not sure how the dog factors in.

He had claimed three robbers had broken into the couple's home in Glyka Nera, near Athens, and tied him up on 11 May.
But after a lengthy investigation, police said his story did not add up.

Then they checked a range of technical devices to corroborate his account. Caroline Crouch's biometric watch revealed her pulse readings on the day she died. Babis Anagnostopoulos's movements were also tracked via his mobile phone, and the couple's surveillance system also highlighted discrepancies.

Although the suspect said he had been tied up, police said he had managed to use his phone at the time.

His technology caught him.

Oh yeah from @Jellyfish Brain's link

1693714777203.png

A Greek pilot who killed his British wife in front of their nine-month-old daughter has dropped his appeal against his life sentence for her murder, according to reports.
Charalambos Babis Anagnostopoulos brutally killed Caroline Crouch, 19, by smothering her with a pillow at their homein Athens two years ago before trying to claim she was murdered by burglars.

However, in May 2022 he was convicted of her murder and sentenced to a minimum of 27 years in prison - meaning he would be eligible for release in his 50s.
The 35-year-old sparked fury among Caroline's family when he announced he would appeal the ruling, claiming he harmed his wife after fearing she would hurt their daughter.
Anagnostopoulos's lawyer, Alexandros Papaioannidis, confirmed the appeal was no longer going ahead, The Guardian reports.

He said: 'My client has decided for extremely serious reasons, which cannot be announced, to waive all legal means, specifically the appeal he filed against the judgment of the mixed jury court in Athens.'

I like Greece, beautiful country, I love their food... but god damn that last name is a bitch to figure out how to pronounce.

Back