• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 27-year-old mother has been indicted and charged in the death of her twin infants in June 2018 in Otsego County, according to police.

Kimberly N. Steeley of Decatur has been charged with two counts of second-degree manslaughter in connection with the deaths of Liam and Bonde Steeley, state police announced Monday in a news release. Decatur is about 20 miles east of Cooperstown.

Liam and Bonde Steeley were less than two months old when they died 11 days apart, both of asphyxiation, both while sleeping with their mother in the East Worcester home she shared with her parents and boyfriend, the twin's father, according to Otsego County District Attorney John Muehl.

According to police, Bonde died June 5, 2018 and her brother died in the same manner June 16, 2018.

"She originally said they died in their bassinet, but later she told the police they died while sleeping with her," Muehl said.

State police handled the death of the boy Liam and sheriff’s handled the death of the girl, Bonde.

Last edited:
Co sleeping or blaming co sleeping? I can't imagine a mother losing one that way and still taking the sane risk with the other twin.
One woman I know whose child died because they co slept is fanatical about safe sleep now and takes every possible measure there is with her new baby.
I think it's a possibility she smothered one deliberately, saw how easily the co sleeping excuse worked and then decided to do the other one too

Co sleeping or blaming co sleeping? I can't imagine a mother losing one that way and still taking the sane risk with the other twin.
One woman I know whose child died because they co slept is fanatical about safe sleep now and takes every possible measure there is with her new baby.
I think it's a possibility she smothered one deliberately, saw how easily the co sleeping excuse worked and then decided to do the other one too
Care to bet Bonde was the more demanding of the two?

It is incomprehensible that a mother of twins who had one of her infants die resulting from co-sleeping would jeopardize the life of the remaining twin by repeating the practice.

By doing so this momster achieved the desired result a second time. Fuck her!! :mad:

Except it says she originally reported they died in their bassinet, not co sleeping. Which to me makes it even worse bc she obviously knew it was dangerous or she wouldn’t have lied-or didn’t want police to have a reason to do a tox screen on her.

Judging from her face, she was probably coming down off something that made her sleep too hard or on some downers. I know there is a huge debate over co-sleeping but I've slept with all my newborns and woke up even if they moved SLIGHTLY.
Co sleeping made me so paranoid that I could barely sleep, plus my ex slept like the dead & wouldn’t even notice if he rolled onto the baby, so I finally ended up putting the bassinet next to the bed. I needed my rest too.

Co sleeping made me so paranoid that I could barely sleep, plus my ex slept like the dead & wouldn’t even notice if he rolled onto the baby, so I finally ended up putting the bassinet next to the bed. I needed my rest too.
It truly is about what helps mom sleep better. My ex husband was the same way. I slept in the middle. If you call it sleep, lol. Motherhood changed the way I sleep obviously forever. I sleep hard for 2 hours and the rest of the night is napping at best. I can hear every noise in the house.

Mar 11, 2020
A 27-year-old mother who had been indicted in the death of her twin infants in June 2018 has been found not guilty, according to media reports.

The jury deliberated for three hours before reaching its verdict.

Kimberly N. Steeley of Decatur had been charged with two counts of second-degree manslaughter in connection with the deaths of Liam and Bonde Steeley, state police aid.

The death of the twins - who were several weeks old - occurred 11 days apart, police said. Prosecutors alleged Steeley smothered her children by falling asleep on top of them.

After a six-day trial in Otsego County Court, a jury found Steeley not guilty of the charges. Steeley testified in her own defense Friday, saying she didn’t smother her babies, according to media reports.

The defense argued there was no clear explanation for the babies’ deaths. Steeley did acknowledge she fell asleep in bed with the infants, according to news reports.
1588951998929.png

Twins Bonde and Liam sleep in their bassinet

Back