• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Kids’ birthday parties are always expensive — but not usually for the guests.

A British mom sparked outrage after charging other parents at least $85 to attend her son’s go-kart party, on top of demanding Amazon gift cards and a picnic for the birthday boy.

The mother of one of the kids invited complained on UK parenting forum Mumsnet, asking if she was being unreasonable “to think this is really grabby, bordering on cheeky f–kery.”

As well as expecting gift cards instead of thoughtful gifts, the unidentified birthday boy’s mom started texting demands for $25 in transportation costs, another $25 for the deposit and another $35 due on the day of the party, according to the posting.

And that’s not all.

“This morning she (in my opinion) has the gall to request we pack a generous picnic with ice packs and pack extra so the birthday boy doesn’t have to bring anything,” the upset mom complained.

“I think this is the final straw and I’ll instead take [her son] and a friend karting myself at this rate,” she wrote, saying her husband thinks she should pay up rather than make her son miss out.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/12/mom-sparks-outrage-by-charging-85-to-go-to-sons-birthday-party/

I bet most of the guests aren't really friends, just classmates. It won't hurt a child if the parents say "Sorry kid, we can't afford to send you. " Builds character. They get over it.
I think greedy mothers get away with this behavior because other people won't put their foot down.

Last edited:
If you want to have your party at a special venue, then pay for it yourself. One of our best was at the indoor trampoline park. The cake and everything was included for just a bit over $100. If that's going to break your budget then have your party at a park and cook hot dogs and burgers on those filthy public grills. Hey, don't worry the heat will kill the germs or so I've been told. :D

We went to a party at a large park that has a HUGE wooden castle, and it was hell trying to keep track of the grandkids in that thing.

Back