• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
A mom in the U.K. called the police after Domino’s did not deliver the pizza she ordered, accusing the restaurant of letting her kids "go hungry."

Clair, whose last name was not shared, said she ordered $48 worth of pizza from the chain restaurant for her family. However, an hour after placing the order, Clair said a Plymouth Domino’s employee called her and said the pizza oven had broken and that her order would be refunded — a process that could take up to an entire day.

The mom of three, ages 5, 13 and 15, said the nearly $50 pizza order had left her only $9 to live on for the next two days. and therefore unable to purchase her children food after the order fell through, so she called the police for assistance.

"I phoned the police to ask if they could help, I was nearly crying. They said there was nothing they could do and I had to phone Domino's,” she told The Mirror. "The manager didn't even offer for me to go to the other store. I said can I come and collect the money back from them and they said no they can't do that.”

Clair said she fed her children “crisps and things” she had, but they were disappointed and hungry.

"I really, really wish I wasn’t there to see the disappointment on my youngest son's face, not to mention the fact that they were hungry and upset,” she said.

Clair said it took five days before the money, which a Domino’s spokesperson claims they refunded the next day, appeared in her account.

"When I said I would call the police to ask for them to help me she just replied OK then and that was it."

No police action was taken against the pizza restaurant.

full

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/mom-calls-police-after-dominos-does-not-deliver-pizza

Well fuck.

Claire, bless your heart, a pizza oven is a machine. And like any other machine sometimes they break. Domino's did not plan for the bleeding centrepiece of their operations to pitch a wobbly.

If it took several days for your refund to post back to your account then that's something you need to take up with your bank, not Domino's. Taking money out of the drawer and handing it over is not a reasonable action to take, inasmuch as there are audits built in to the system to ensure that the store, when it closes its doors tonight, will be able to open them tomorrow since, with no audit trails, their operating funds can literally disappear overnight and they will not have a way to discover where the money went or to prove they even had the dosh.

Finally, that much money would have let you buy real food instead of preprocessed meats and cheeses that contain enough salt to give a sloth high blood pressure. Better, it would get you enough to eat -- and eat well -- for several days.

--Al
Post automatically merged:

If you've only got $55 to feed yourself and three kids with you don't spend $48 of it on fucking PIZZA.
Great minds think alike.

--Al

That's exactly what I came to say, why in the hell would you spend 9/10ths of your money on PIZZA when you could have gone to the store and bought enough to keep you going for 2-3-4 days depending on how thrifty you are. That's just stupidity and your kids being hungry is on you. lady!

YOu don't even have to knw how to cook, frozen vegetables and a giant bag of chicken nuggets, all you need is a microwave.

What a moron. Child services should investigate if she can't make better decisions.

I got a bag of 10 frozen boneless chicken breasts for $10 the other day. Slap one into a hot skillet with a little oil in it, brown it, turn it over and brown it again, then fix a sandwich with it with some lettuce and tomato, and you're golden.

--Al

Quit feeding your kids high-dollar, minimum-nutritional-content shit. Stupidity like this is why half the people in this country are morbidly obese and my insurance premiums are so fucking high.

This broad is a terrible human being that does not know how to budget for food whatsoever. Take her kids burnout her baby plant and send her on her way. So many different things you could have done with 55 bucks if that's all you had to live on for 3 days take out pizza shouldn't even be on the goddamn list! Moron!

Back