• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
News1c.jpg

"Authorities say a woman in a city south of Phoenix is accused of abusing seven adopted children, including using pepper spray on them and locking them in a closet.

Machelle Hackney was booked into the Pinal County Jail on suspicion of two counts of molestation of a child, seven counts of child abuse and five counts each of unlawful imprisonment and child neglect.

According to a Maricopa police report, children in the house were left in a locked closet for days with no food, water or bathroom access.

When officers went to the house last week, they say six of the children appeared to be malnourished and underweight."

News1c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A mother and her two adult sons were arrested Friday on suspicion of repeatedly abusing the mother's seven adopted children when they did not perform well in the mother's YouTube videos, city of Maricopa police said.

The children reported being locked in a closet for days without food, water or access to a bathroom, pepper sprayed from head to toe and forced to take ice baths, according to police.

The woman, identified as 48-year-old Machelle Hackney, of Maricopa, has operated a YouTube channel called "Fantastic Adventures," where episodes featured each of the seven adopted children acting out different scenarios, usually inside a house or backyard, according to a probable cause statement from police.

Hackney's channel racked up 700,800 subscribers and over 242 million views, police said in the report.

The woman's two adult sons, Logan and Ryan Hackney, also were arrested in connection with the abuse of the seven children because they failed to report Hackney's abusive behavior, according to police.

Through the interviews, authorities learned that Hackney spanked the children and sprayed their faces and genitalia with pepper spray, which one child added she felt pain for the following four to five days, the statement said.

Hackney also forced the children to stand in a corner with their arms raised above their heads for hours at a time as well as forced the children to take ice baths and, if they resisted, applied force to their heads underwater, according to the statement.

The children told authorities that they were sometimes beaten with a hanger, belt or brush, and pepper sprayed from head to toe, Maricopa police said. One child said she would witness her siblings enduring the abuse.

Another child said he was beaten in the head by Hackney's knuckles and described the pain as being struck with a hammer, while another one of the seven children said she wore a mask over her face to protect herself from the pepper spray, the statement said.

The children said they had not attended school so they could make the videos, according to police.

Ryan Hackney declined to speak to police, but his brother Logan agreed to talk with authorities, Maricopa police said.

Logan claimed he spoke with his brother about reporting the child abuse, and he admitted the children were kept locked in the closet for extended periods of time as punishment, according to officials.

Logan added that he heard the children screaming and crying, observed physical injuries on the children and was aware the children were pepper sprayed and forced to take ice baths, according to the statement.

This article is more detailed -continue reading at link

Of course they were homeschooled.

If you decide to homeschool, it is one of these three reasons:

1. You want to indoctrinate the kid with some ridiculous idea of the world, so you can't allow them to experience anything outside of a controlled bubble. You aren't going to be able to manipulate the kids forever if they somehow learn to think for themselves.

2. Your kid is a superstar and have better things to do (for real), but in that case you hire a personal tutor, with academic credentials, and don't pretend you can be a teacher of all subjects and all ages just because you're a fucking mommy.

3. You don't want people to see the physical damage because you know you are a GREAT parent and don't want to hear otherwise!

I have absolutely no idea why anyone is allowed to homeschool anyone in this day and age, especially adopted kids. They should be forced into normal people schools, with other humans around, more than anyone. I've never personally met anyone who was homeschooled who wasn't weird as fuck and had no friends because of it.

DOWN WITH HOMESCHOOLING!!!

1. You want to indoctrinate the kid with some ridiculous idea of the world, so you can't allow them to experience anything outside of a controlled bubble. You aren't going to be able to manipulate the kids forever if they somehow learn to think for themselves.

2. Your kid is a superstar and have better things to do (for real), but in that case you hire a personal tutor, with academic credentials, and don't pretend you can be a teacher of all subjects and all ages just because you're a fucking mommy.

3. You don't want people to see the physical damage because you know you are a GREAT parent and don't want to hear otherwise!

I have absolutely no idea why anyone is allowed to homeschool anyone in this day and age, especially adopted kids. They should be forced into normal people schools, with other humans around, more than anyone. I've never personally met anyone who was homeschooled who wasn't weird as fuck and had no friends because of it.

My best friend homeschools my god children and they are just normal kids. They have friends and they definitely aren't abused. I don't think everybody falls in those 3 categories
Post automatically merged:

Shit like this is why I couldn't be a social worker. I'd be in a jail cell right next to the mom for kicking her in the face. Nah. I wear a size four in tennis shoes and wouldn't do enough damage.
I wear a 10. You can borrow my feet

I'm surprised that the youtube channel is still up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/machellehobson
Shit like this is why I couldn't be a social worker. I'd be in a jail cell right next to the mom for kicking her in the face. Nah. I wear a size four in tennis shoes and wouldn't do enough damage.
Had I been a social worker on this occasion, there would be no reason to have her in a jail cell taking up so much space. A morgue refrigerator is a much better place for her.

Home schooling is one of the most fucked up things I've ever heard!

We only see the negative side of homeschooling on DD.
While that may be true it does not negate the fact that the homeschooling ruse has become a no questions allowed route for child abusers to isolate their victims. There are little to no regulations varying by state. Once a parent pulls the child out of school their safety net is gone. CPS will no longer be getting calls or reports by no one ever sees the child again bc they’re locked in hell. And let’s no kid ourselves-there is no schooling going on here. Yes, of course there are those that do a decent job, but then why are they so against any type of regulation.
And I agree with Spiff-while I’m sure not all home schooled kids are weirdos, all the ones I have met are. Might be a chicken/egg thing though.

I've never personally met anyone who was homeschooled who wasn't weird as fuck and had no friends because of it.

My very religious cousins homeschooled their 9 kids. Mom did all the teaching, but they also interacted with a large homeschooling community for gatherings and special classes, and the kids could play team sports at the local public school if they were inclined. They all attended at least some college, and most got a degree.

They aren't weird at all, and they are all successful and have lots of friends. They are well adjusted. They are also some of the nicest, kindest, most polite kids I've ever met. In their case, homeschooling worked out very well, and there were no nasty secrets hiding in the closet.

However, in general I agree with you, there needs to be a lot more oversight and supervision of kids who are homeschooled. Not because of people like my cousins, but because of people like the woman in this story.

While that may be true it does not negate the fact that the homeschooling ruse has become a no questions allowed route for child abusers to isolate their victims. There are little to no regulations varying by state. Once a parent pulls the child out of school their safety net is gone. CPS will no longer be getting calls or reports by no one ever sees the child again bc they’re locked in hell. And let’s no kid ourselves-there is no schooling going on here. Yes, of course there are those that do a decent job, but then why are they so against any type of regulation.
And I agree with Spiff-while I’m sure not all home schooled kids are weirdos, all the ones I have met are. Might be a chicken/egg thing though.
This right here is the problem. And it's not the homeschooling. Its that school is the only real safety net a lot of these children have. They arent forced to make doctors visits regularly. They aren't forced to have the children undergo mental evaluations or care. They aren't forced to prove that the children are flourishing and overcoming whatever it was that caused them to be taken. They aren't forced to prove that they can actually parent. There are no real consequences for treating the kids badly. Most times its a slap on the wrist with the kid returned unless the kid ends up dead or near on it.

We live in a society that mistreats and tosses our future generations away because it's 'too costly' to care for them...and why wonder why things have gone to hell now that they are growing up.

We live in a society that mistreats and tosses our future generations away because it's 'too costly' to care for them...and why wonder why things have gone to hell now that they are growing up.
Totally agree. And until we as a country start caring a fraction about our children that already here and being abused, tortured, and murdered as we do on fighting for Pro Life things are only going to get worse. And while I respect those whose beliefs are against abortion, I certainly hope you do more for the unwanted children already born, than walk around carrying a sign am yelling at people.

@Satanica

He income is ridiculous off the children's youtubes but she says has no access to money.

She did not mention any subsidy

@crys_xoxo can you please enter tags it makes it easier to find the thread for updates.

It appears she also goes by Machelle Hobson

@Satanica
The two adult sons of an Arizona woman who abused her younger, adopted children and forced them to star in YouTube videos will not be charged in the abuse case, the Pinal County Attorney's Office says.

Her adult sons Ryan and Logan Hackney were arrested along with her and booked into jail on charges of failing to report the abuse.

After their arrests, police said Logan told officers he knew the children were locked in the closet for long periods, pepper sprayed and forced to take ice baths as punishment, according to court documents.

Those court documents also revealed the children told police Ryan would sneak them food when they were locked in the “green room.”

There was a preliminary hearing for Ryan and Logan Monday. Pinal County Attorney's Office said the office won't pursue charges at this time but the investigation of the men's role in the abuse, if any, is on-going.

Her sons hopefully will testify against her and make sure she is put away for a very long time.

don't pretend you can be a teacher of all subjects and all ages just because you're a fucking mommy.

Yeah, this....

How many adults out there can do 12th grade physics, calculus, and chemical equations? I have a bachelors in science and a diploma in engineering. Without studying up before the tests, I'd probably get C's in advanced high school exams....

Home-schooling seems to be pseudonym for 'religious brainwashing' and 'keeping sexual abuse secret' to me.

@Satanica
The Maricopa woman who has become known as the 'YouTube mom' is not competent to stand trial but might be in the future an Arizona judge said Wednesday.

"I will make a finding that [Machelle] Hobson is currently not competent but restorable," the Honorable Delia Neal said during court proceeding, explaining that she needed some additional information from the lawyers within seven days. She also noted that Hobson's situation is unique because there is a medical component.

Neal also scheduled a "restoration review" for Oct. 2 to check on Hobson's progress.

Hobson was not in the courtroom. She remains at an undisclosed facility.

Hobson, 47, was arrested at her home on March 15, accused of abusing her five of her adopted child and forcing them to star in YouTube videos.

The children were removed from the home two days before Hobson's arrest.

A Pinal County grand jury later indicted her on 30 counts, including multiple charges of kidnapping, child abuse, and aggravated assault. She pleaded not guilty.

Police say Hobson committed multiple acts of abuse against her adopted kids, including locking them in closets with no food, water or bathroom, pepper-spraying them in the face and genitals, and giving them ice baths.

If Hobson is restored to competency, which the judge and prosecutors believe is possible, she can be tried. If she is not, the charges against her could be dismissed.

Hobson's two adult sons were arrested the same day she was taken into custody. Ryan and Logan Hackney were accused of failing to report the abuse, but the charges were dropped.

"At this time, [the] Pinal County Attorney's Office has chosen not to charge Ryan or Logan Hackney. However, the investigation into Ryan and Logan Hackney's role in the case, if any, is ongoing," Christy Wilcox of the Pinal County Attorney's Office said in April.

Machelle Hobson, an Arizona mother who ran a popular YouTube channel known as "Fantastic Adventures" and was facing dozens of child abuse charges, has died at a Scottsdale hospital, according to the Maricopa Police Department.

The Pinal County Attorney's Office tells ABC15 they will wait for an official death certificate before dismissing charges, but will continue to pursue Hobson's assets, which include more than $100,000 in cash.

In August, Hobson, who made national headlines as the "YouTube mom," was declared incompetent to stand trial by both state and defense doctors.

It was a major development in the ongoing court process, where the foster mother was charged with multiple counts of molestation of a child, child abuse, unlawful imprisonment and child neglect.

When Hobson, 48, was arrested at her Maricopa home in March, detectives detailed a house of horrors. Court documents indicate they collected tons of evidence, including the pepper spray bottles her adopted kids say Hobson used often, sometimes on the boys' and girls' genitals.

The children also told investigators they were starved for days, locked in closets for days, forced to sleep on the floor, and physically beaten for failing to remember their lines in scripted YouTube videos.

At the time of her arrest, police say she had over 700,000 YouTube followers, 242 million views on the page’s videos, and was making hundreds of thousands of dollars off the content.

The kids, many of whom were fostered before being adopted by Hobson, told investigators “they have not been in school for years” in order to “keep filming their [Youtube] series.”

When a “YouTube Mom” died of natural causes in 2019, it of course ended the criminal case against her, but a legacy of alleged abuse continues to haunt the family as her sons have been charged with molestation. Logan Hackney, 31, faces four counts of sexual conduct with a minor. Ryan Hackney, 29, faces two counts of the same crime.
The brothers’ ignominious claim to fame is through their mother, Machelle Hobson. She died of natural causes in 2019 ahead of trial for allegedly abusing her adoptive children and forcing them to star in her videos for the now-defunct YouTube channel “Fantastic Adventures.” Hobson was accused of an array of horrifying acts. For example, she allegedly pepper-sprayed the children all over their bodies, including their genitals; and she allegedly shut them in a closet without access to food, water, or a bathroom.
The children were known for appearing on the “Fantastic Adventurers” channel, which garnered over 700,000 subscribers before YouTube took it down. Life was full of terror behind the scenes, cops said. Hobson allegedly abused them if they forgot their lines or tried to get out of the videos, and she allegedly took them out of school to act in the productions. They hadn’t gone to class in “years,” the kids said, according to police.
The abuse left its mark, both physical and mental, cops said. According to investigators, the adopted children looked malnourished and said they were thirsty and hungry. One boy drank three bottles of water in under 20 minutes, police said. Another girl was offered a bag of chips but was afraid to eat it because she didn’t want her mother to smell the food on her breath, according to authorities.
The Hackney brothers were initially arrested in Pinal County for failing to report the abuse, though prosecutors never filed formal charges.

The new charges happened after a delayed referral by Maricopa police to Mesa cops, according to KNXV, which first reported the arrests on Monday. Ryan Hackney was arrested on March 16 and released with an electronic monitor on March 18, a police spokesperson in Mesa, Arizona, told Law&Crime. Logan Hackney was arrested on April 25 and remains in a Maricopa County jail on a $20,000 bond, records show.
A victim in Logan Hackney’s case told Maricopa cops about Logan sexually abusing her more than once while in Mesa, Arizona, according to documents obtained by Law&Crime. She was in elementary school at the time.

“Based on school records, a timeframe of August 2011 to February 2012 was developed,” cops said. “This would make the victim approximately 9 years old and the defendant approximately 20 years old. The victim recalls the defendant being out of high school.”

Another person, then 25 at the time of the forensic interview, told cops in detail about Logan Hackney sexually abusing her.

“This began when she was five years old,” investigators said.

Another person, then 22 at the time of the interview, told police about Logan Hackney sexually abusing her when she was 6 to 9 years old. That case happened in Maricopa, Arizona, in Pinal County, and it was forwarded to local cops.
Ryan Hackney faces very similar, if not identical, claims. A victim told investigators about him sexually abusing her more than once while in Mesa, Arizona. Authorities do not spell out if this was the same elementary school-aged victim in the Logan Hackney complaint, but the details match.

Latest posts

Back