• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Should the baby be returned to the mom

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
She was 19, pregnant and recently evicted from her home when she decided to give her baby up, but now — several months after her son was adopted — a New Jersey mom is fighting to get her child back.

Gloria Roman, now 20, has only held her son a few times. When she left the hospital, she knew she may never see him again. She gave birth in secret.

"I didn’t tell my mom when I was pregnant,” Roman said. “I was scared. I felt like I didn’t know what to do at the time."

She met with an adoption agency a couple months prior to delivering in July.

“I did meet with somebody at a Starbucks and she was supposed to counsel me through the whole thing,” Roman said.

But she now regrets putting her son up for adoption.

“I want to do everything I possibly can to at least fight for him and try to get him back, just because I felt like I wasn’t told everything I was supposed to be told.”

Her family was in dire financial straights during Roman's pregnancy. They were evicted from their apartment when she was 7-months pregnant. The baby’s father is not involved.

"I didn’t know what to do,” she said.

A few weeks after giving birth and giving up her child, Roman came clean to her mom. They decided to hire an attorney to get her baby back.

After an eight day trial, they won the case. A judge ordered for her son to go home with Roman, but the family who adopted him has since appealed that decision. They’re now waiting for their next court date.

"I was excited about it. I set everything up to have him come home. And then now, it’s just more waiting process," she said.

Roman has started a GoFundMe page to help pay for her legal fees.
http://pix11.com/2018/04/16/nj-mom-...as-evicted-now-shes-fighting-to-get-him-back/
26860422_15206083230_r.jpg

No, because you can't just give your baby up because at the time you can't afford it then decide later differently.

Selfish little bitch, leave that baby where he is. I'm sorry but I'd be on the streets in shelters if it meant keeping my son! I wouldn't give him up for adoption just because I can't afford him. I would do anything and everything in my power for him. Oh poor you crybaby bitch. She didn't want that baby, she doesn't deserve him.

She does not want the baby back.
Her parents are enamouredd of being grandparents.
That is the core of this dogs breakfast.

Listen stupid girl.
You could not afford the child and actually did the smart right thing.
Now knuckle up and tell your folks to fuck off and leave the baby safe in the arms of its family...
which is no longer you dinks.

Hey grandies...
go get a puppy FFS!

I’m sympathetic to Mom but disrupting the child’s placement (assuming it’s a good one) is NOT in his best interests. Be a real parent by letting him go and using birth control until you’re more mature and financially stable.

If I were the judge I might consider supervised visitation but no legal rights for bio Mom. Kids are not possessions.

Though his birth mother desperately wants him back, "Baby J" will be raised by his adoptive parents, a New Jersey appellate court ruled last week in a heart-wrenching adoption case that has left two families in turmoil for months.

Gloria Roman, a 20-year-old receptionist from Union County, went to court last year to try to get back her newborn son after she said the adoption agency misled her and failed to inform her about alternatives to adoption, as required by New Jersey law.
A family court judge agreed and ordered the baby's adoptive parents, who had raised him since birth, to return the boy to his birth mother last year. But the adoptive family appealed the judge's ruling, allowing them to keep the child while the case worked its way through the courts.

Last week, the three-judge appellate panel agreed in a unanimous decision to overturn the lower court's ruling and allow the now 13-month-old boy, called "Baby J" in court papers, to remain with his adoptive parents.
The judges acknowledged whatever decision they made in the complex adoption case would be devastating for one side or the other.

"Few cases have so much potential for calamity," the judges wrote in their ruling. "The adopting parents could lose their only child, the child they have nurtured since birth, and in consequence suffer a lifetime of emotional pain and heartbreak . . . The child could be abruptly removed from the only parents and only home it has ever known, placed in the hands of a virtual stranger, and in consequence suffer permanent emotional damage."

But the judges also said allowing "Baby J" to stay with his adoptive parents would be crushing for his birth mother.

Roman's new lawyers, Paul Townsend and Jennifer Cornelius, said the birth mother is not done fighting for her son. She plans to appeal the decision to the state Supreme Court, though there is no guarantee the court will consider the case.

"The appellate court's decision is a travesty of justice. In failing to affirm the lower court's ruling, the appellate division has focused not on whether the child should be with his natural mother, but on the feelings and emotions of the adoptive couple," Roman's attorneys said in a statement.

The court decision sends the message that New Jersey adoption agencies can skirt rules about giving birth parents information about alternatives to adoption, the attorneys said.

"This decision does not protect Baby J, but rips a child from his natural parent who, in a time of crisis, made an uninformed decision and desperately wants her child back. The procedures and the rules were put in place to avoid such a decision as this," Roman's attorneys said. "A child should be with its natural mother."

At this point she's not thinking of the pain she could be causing her son, a child she professes to love. Separation Anxiety is a thing, been there done that, as a parent it can nearly break your heart when you HAVE to leave them with a baby sitter and they cry as if their little hearts are being ripped out. She's a selfish cow.

She needs to think about what's best for her son. She's not with his father, she's only 20, and her household situation is tenuous at best. Maybe an open adoption would have worked, if she hadn't decided to renege on the adoption. Instead, she opted to try and yank him from the only life he has known--a safe, stable life where he has enough to eat, a home, and two loving parents.

Back