• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

TheMorningStar

is a catcus
Moe_The_Chimp.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.57.jpg

LOS ANGELES --A 42-year-old chimpanzee who is toilet-trained and can eat with a knife and fork is believed to be at large in a Southern California forest after escaping his cage.

The chimp called Moe disappeared Friday from Jungle Exotics, which trains animals for the entertainment industry

St. James Davis brought Moe home from Tanzania in 1967 after the baby primate lost his mother to poachers. He and his wife treated Moe as their surrogate son, toilet-training him, teaching him to eat with a knife and fork and letting him sleep in their bed and watch TV.

But local authorities didn't view Moe in the same light. For years, the Davises waged a legal battle to keep Moe in their home.

They finally lost in 1999 when Moe bit part of a woman's finger off when she inserted her hand in his cage. The Davises said he mistook her red-painted fingernail for his favorite licorice. The incident also came after Moe mauled a police officer's hand.

Over the Davises' protests, Moe was taken to an animal sanctuary. But in 2005, when they took a cake to celebrate Moe's birthday with him, the couple was viciously attacked by two other chimpanzees who had escaped their cages.

The chimps nearly killed St. James Davis, chewing off his nose, testicles and foot and biting off chunks of his buttocks and legs, before the sanctuary owner shot the animals to death.
"He meant the world to us," said St. James Davis. "He was the best man at my wedding."
http://www.charlotte.com/nation/story/694159.html

Ok, my question is, as he was chewing off this guys nose... WHY didn't he just shoot the damn thing... Or did he just placate this monkey and let him nearly kill him because "he meant the world to [him]"? I mean, come the fuck on!

I've never seen anything quite like that in my life... poor guy...

Hey Funk...it was two different chimps that attacked him at the facility where THEIR monkey was being kept. Frankly, I like monkeys but would never want one as a pet. The DO bite AND fling poo. Not a good combination for a household pet.

Back