• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
homeless-missouri.jpg

St. Louis Alderman Joseph Vaccaro has not seen Gary Schaefer for about three years and began searching for his old pal as the city continues to grapple with a homelessness problem.

“All of a sudden I’m thinking about him,” Vaccaro told The Post. “I got too busy, and I don’t know if he’s dead, alive … I don’t think he’d leave the area.”

Years ago, Vaccaro promised Schaefer’s mother that he’d watch out for her “defiant” son.

After her death, he transferred her cash and bonds totaling nearly a million dollars to an account in Schaefer’s name. Schaefer also has a pension from his time working for the St. Louis Fire Department.

But Schaefer didn’t want any part of the money, preferring to live near a creek in Maplewood, Missouri.

“He didn’t want to conform to any rules,” Vaccaro said.

Over the last eight years that Schaefer has lived on the streets, Vaccaro sometimes went by the creek to catch up. He’d also host the vagrant at his home and “he would smell pretty bad, permeate everything, but I liked him.”

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/missing-missouri-homeless-man-also-happens-to-be-a-millionaire/

erm .... loose lips, sink ships ..... TMI
Hope by telling some facts, they did not place target on the dude's back .
Sad story. Hope, he is ok Hope, he is found .... Hope is sometimes, all you have. Good Share, Turd

Back