• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Little Kiesha Weippeart laid to rest at last

FAMILY and friends have dressed in purple to honour Kiesha Weippeart at her funeral service this morning.

The North Chapel at Pinegrove Memorial Park in Sydney's west has been filled with purple flowers and messages of love to the six-year-old girl, allegedly murdered last year by her mother and step-father.

At the front of the chapel is a tiny purple coffin - little Kiesha's favourite colour.

A choir of children sang "In the Arms of an Angel" to Kiesha.

"May you find some comfort here," they sang.

Fr Edward Dooley told the 100-strong congregation today marked a day of closure for Kiesha's grieving families.

"It is now time to heal," he said.

Fr Dooley invited the community to a public memorial will be held at Holy Family Church at Mt Druitt next Tuesday from 10am.

Her biological father Chris Weippeart and grandmother Liz requested the funeral service today be a private one for just close family and friends.
"She is our little girl, this is the way we want to do it," Mrs Weippeart said.

Mrs Weippeart said the whole community is welcome to attend the public memorial next Tuesday to say goodbye to Kiesha.

"I don't mind who comes to the memorial, but we want to keep the funeral service private and low-key," she said.

But Kiesha's maternal grandfather Rodney Smith, and other members of the family said they are angry she is not being farewelled with a large funeral.

"She deserves a proper goodbye," Mr Smith said.

Kiesha's mother Kristi Abrahams and step-father Robert Smith, who have both been charged with murder, have been told of the funeral, but have been denied the opportunity to attend.

Mr Smith's mother Rebecca said she had hoped Kiesha's funeral would have been a special ceremony with the fuss the little girl deserved.

"I think its disgusting she isn't getting a proper funeral like she deserves, I just cant believe it and I'm angry about it," Mrs Smith said.

Kiesha's skeletal remains were found in a shallow bush grave in April this year, but it took the Coroner and fornesic pathologists almost five-months to determine her cause of death, before they could be released for burial.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-to-rest-at-last/story-e6frea73-1226148948713

Mr Smith's mother Rebecca said she had hoped Kiesha's funeral would have been a special ceremony with the fuss the little girl deserved.

"I think its disgusting she isn't getting a proper funeral like she deserves, I just cant believe it and I'm angry about it," Mrs Smith said.

If your son hadn't killed this baby we wouldn't be talking about what kind of funeral was appropriate for a 6 year old. Dumb cunt.

The nerve of these people astounds me.

But Kiesha's maternal grandfather Rodney Smith, and other members of the family said they are angry she is not being farewelled with a large funeral.

"She deserves a proper goodbye," Mr Smith said.

You want to pay for it Mr. Smith? How is this not a proper goodbye?

It was the moment a mother admitted the unthinkable.

As Kristi Anne Abrahams stood up in court on the first day of her trial and pleaded guilty to murdering her six-year-old daughter, Kiesha Weippeart, it marked the culmination of 'three years of agony' for the little girl's relatives.

Kiesha was a curly-haired 'bubbly' child who loved Tinkerbell and Dora the Explorer.

When she vanished from her Mt Druitt home in Sydney's west in July 2010, her mother and her stepfather, Robert Smith, described her as 'always happy'.

But the reality was that Kiesha had been the victim of physical abuse from when she was as young as 15 months when Abrahams was convicted of biting her shoulder.

Her disappearance sparked a massive police search, with Abrahams and Smith fronting the media to plead for public help in finding their little girl.

Abrahams, wearing dark sunglasses and holding a tissue to her face, could do nothing but wail loudly and say, 'She's beautiful'.

'If anyone has seen her, can they please contact police,' she choked out.

By then, Kiesha had been dead for three weeks.

She had been knocked unconscious by Abrahams on the evening of July 13, according to Smith, who later confessed everything to an undercover police officer.

Smith's version of events was that he heard a loud bang and ran into Kiesha's bedroom to find her unconscious.

After she died the following day, the pair stuffed her body in a suitcase and kept it in her bedroom for the next five days.

They then donned disguises, took a taxi to nearby bushland in Shalvey, burned Kiesha's body and buried it in a shallow grave.

They eventually reported her missing on August 1.

The pair took several steps to hide Kiesha's murder, buying toys and a Tinkerbell poster for her room after they had buried her.

But they couldn't hide the fact that no one else had seen Kiesha since July 7.
[...]

In February 2012, Smith pleaded guilty to Kiesha's manslaughter and to being an accessary after murder.

He claimed he was physically and verbally abused by Abrahams, had suffered black eyes at her hands and was once forced to jump off the balcony of their first-floor unit to escape an argument.

Sentencing Smith to at least 12 years in jail last month, Justice Megan Latham accepted Abrahams was 'volatile, argumentative, domineering and verbally abusive', but she rejected Smith's claim he did nothing to help Kiesha because he was so intimidated.

Abrahams also pleaded guilty to manslaughter last month, but this was rejected by the Crown.

Instead of facing a Supreme Court murder trial, she pleaded guilty to murder and will front a sentencing hearing next week.
http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Top...as_mother_pleads_guilty_to_murder_880631.html

Wow, "mom" was the abuser and the stepdad stood by and did nothing? That's a change from the usual script. They both deserve slow, painful deaths regardless.

And how did something as hideous as her have such a gorgeous little girl?

And how did something as hideous as her have such a gorgeous little girl?

Seriously. She was just beautiful and I imagine "mom" was a jealous bitch who resented the time she had to put into caring for her daughter, the space she took up, the food and clothing she needed, and the fact she was just a beautiful, wonderful little girl.

Kiesha Weippeart's mother was a doomed parent, with a court yesterday told that her turbulent childhood paved the way for an "intergenerational" tragedy.

Kristi Anne Abrahams - who yesterday cried as her lawyer outlined her childhood abuse and said "it's easy to hate her" - will now wait three weeks to learn her sentence for murdering her six-year-old daughter.
[...]

Kiesha was murdered on July 18, 2010, but Abrahams - who waited two weeks before calling police to report her missing - denied any involvement until her arrest in April, 2011.

Her barrister Janet Manuell SC said Abrahams had an intellectual disability, an IQ below 70 and was a "product of what happened to her".

"It's confronting to accept the death of a child at the hands of a mother but Kristi Abrahams is very much a product of what happened to her," Ms Manuell said.

Even Crown prosecutor Christopher Maxwell QC said Abrahams' early life of violence - including seeing her mother die when Abrahams was just 10 - "amplifies the tragedy of this case".

"It amounts to the inevitability that (Kiesha), who suffered so much, had her life end as it did," Mr Maxwell said.

He said the Crown considered the crime to be "above the mid-range" of seriousness, and noted the standard non-parole period for defended cases like this was 25 years.
[...]

Justice Ian Harrison will sentence Kristi Abrahams on July 18.
http://www.news.com.au/national-new...for-girls-murder/story-fnii5s3x-1226670997314

Earlier in the sentencing hearing:
A court has been played video of Sydney woman Kristi Abrahams asking an undercover police officer to help her avoid being caught for killing her six-year-old daughter.
[...]

Abrahams sat hunched over with her head down as the video of her conversation with an undercover police officer was played to the New South Wales Supreme Court.

In the video, she told the undercover officer Kiesha was "like jelly" after she fell and hit her head.

Abrahams said she did not want to go to jail, and cried as she told the officer she tried to revive Kiesha by putting her under a shower.

"When we woke up in the morning ... she wasn't breathing," she told the undercover officer.

Abrahams then told the officer she went with her partner Robert Smith to bury her daughter's body in bushland.

"He put petrol on her ... and branches on her," Abrahams said.

Kiesha's remains were found in a shallow grave in 2011, eight months after she was reported missing.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-27/kristi-abrahams-sentencing-hearing/4785036

Teachers, nurses, police officers, DOCS workers, relatives, neighbours, friends - all saw the tell-tale signs of abuse.

This uncomfortably long list of people, many in positions of authority, were aware of the violence Kiesha Weippeart endured at the hands of her mother.

Yet nobody stepped in before the little girl's life was brutally cut short in July 2010.
[...]

When Kiesha was just 15 months old, Abrahams first came to the attention of DOCS after Kiesha's biological father, Chris Weippeart, reported Abrahams for biting the toddler's shoulder.

The child was treated in hospital and placed into care for 18 months.

Abrahams was convicted of assault, ordered to enter into a parental care plan and to undergo anger management counselling.

Kiesha was returned to her mother's care in December 2006, but less than a year later she had returned to the attention of DOCS.

A nurse at Nepean Hospital noticed bruising to three-year-old Kiesha's face and alerted DOCS, with a worker promptly interviewing Kiesha in her mother's absence the next day.

"(Kiesha) was wearing a hat and kept turning her face away from the caseworker," according to a statement of facts tendered at Abrahams's sentence hearing on Tuesday.

Kiesha could not account for the bruise on her face, but when asked about a cigarette burn to an unidentified part of her body, she said, "Mum hit there'' and "Mum did that''.

It is unclear what action, if any, was taken by DOCS after this interview, with comment being sought from the department.

What is known is that the abuse continued.

"Various family members, neighbours and associates'' of Abrahams said Kiesha "frequently had bruising to different parts of her body''.

Abrahams was seen hitting and screaming abuse at her child on "multiple occasions''.

"Teachers and nurses told police about seeing bruises on the deceased's head or face,'' the documents said.

In fact, Kiesha only attended school four times during her short life, and the Department of Education warned Abrahams they would be taking legal action.

At least two witnesses noticed Kiesha flinched whenever her mother raised her arm in casual conversation.

Many people said it was Kiesha's resemblance to her biological father that triggered Abrahams' abuse.

Just one month before the murder, Abrahams called her father Rodney Jones in Canberra and said she couldn't "handle this kid anymore''.

Kiesha's grandfather arranged for his granddaughter to live with him, but Abrahams elected to delay the move for a couple of weeks.

By then it was too late.

Documents released to the media on Tuesday also said Kiesha's resemblance to her biological father, Chris Weippeart, "annoyed Ms Abrahams''.

Kiesha suffered a "sporting type injury" which killed her after arguing with her mother about putting on her pyjamas, a court has been told.
[...]

The court was told Abrahams "nudged" Kiesha, 6, with her foot while her daughter was lying on the floor of her bedroom not wanting to put on her pyjamas on July 18, 2010.

She said Kiesha then "jumped" and "hit her head" on the bottom of the bed.

Abrahams said she put Kiesha in the shower, noting she felt "like jelly" but was still breathing.

The court heard the impact on Kiesha's teeth was "equivalent to a sporting type injury".

A post-mortem found Kiesha had suffered injuries leading up to her death that would usually be found on victims of severe child abuse, forensic pathologist Matthew Orde told the Supreme Court on Tuesday.

Dr Orde said it was possible Kiesha died from "blunt force head injuries''.

Dr Orde talked the court through 10 separate injuries to Kiesha's head, collar bone and arm, which he said showed signs of healing and which would have been inflicted in the weeks or months before her death.

"There would have been damage to the tissue and bone which would have resulted in significant pain experienced by the deceased victim," Dr Orde said.

"There would have been more than one blow to the head,'' he said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...sed-before-death/story-fngr8i5s-1226669979254

So, she's too stupid to be held fully responsible for beating her daughter to death but she wasn't too stupid to ask for help getting out of it?

If you are going to use stupidity as your reason it's supposed to mean that your IQ is too low to appreciate right from wrong but asking for help covering it up clearly shows that you know that you have done wrong.

Kristi Abrahams called 'putrid dog' and told to 'rot in hell' as she was sentenced to 16 years for murder of 'vulnerable and defenceless' Kiesha

DFkUYfG.jpg

Robert Smith And Kristi Abrahams
Abrahams was described by Justice Ian Harrison as "an inevitable product of entrenched intergenerational failures."

In sentencing her to a total minimum sentence of 16 years for murder and interfering with a corpse, he said: "the offender's failings are mirrored in the failings of others."

"As anyone knows, the burdensome responsibilities of parenthood are not bestowed only on those who are capable of meeting them," Justice Harrison said.

"Abrahams was patently ill equipped for the role and probably equally unable to recognise it.

"The death of (Kiesha) was in these circumstances a foreseeable and preventable consequence of foreseeable and preventable causes."

But the sentence, comparatively light compared to other punishments handed down to mothers who murder, was met with anger by a packed Supreme Court gallery.

Those who trusted Abrahams hissed "rot in hell" and labelled her "a putrid dog" as the emotionless 30-year-old was led away.

"The offender has been publicly vilified," Justice Harrison said, adding that of the gamut of emotions felt by a community when a child is dead, "guilt" is paramount.

The only time in Abrahams' journey through the courts, which began with her arrest in April 2011, showed any feeling to the evidence was when submissions turned to her own childhood.

The court heard Abrahams, who found her mother dead at age 10, endured an early life of abuse and neglect which was compounded by an intellectual disability.

But the same man she blamed for an early life of pain, her father, was the same person she wanted to place Kiesha with when she admitted she "couldn't handle this kid anymore."

Russell Oxford, the senior police officer who led the investigation into Kiesha's death, said the outcome should lead all parents to "reflect" then "go home and hug their kids."

Justice Harrison of the sentence, just before telling Abrahams to stand and learn her fate, "retribution and mercy are important in equal measure."

As Abrahams turned her head to be led away by prison officers, many in the gallery thought mercy is what Kiesha was granted least of all.

The sentencing today comes close to three years to the day since Kiesha's tragic life of abuse ended in her Mt Druitt home.

Abrahams was hit with a sentence of 21 years and six months. She was also sentenced to 18 months for interfering with a corpse. With the two penalties combined, Justice Ian Harrison sentenced her to a minimum 16-year term.

With time already served, she will be eligible for parole in 2027.
[...]

Alison Anderson and other former friends of Abrahams told her to "rot in hell" after the sentence.

The court heard Abrahams, as Kiesha's mother, had "the highest duty of care to her" and "significantly breached" that by delivering "no more than two blows" to a six-year-old child.

Abrahams was entitled to a 10 per cent reduction for pleading guilty on the morning her "lengthy" trial was to start.
[...]

The Supreme Court was packed with former friends, police and family, including a group who yelled out at Abrahams to "go to hell" as the prison truck was driven into the King St complex just before 9am.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...kiesha-weippeart/story-fni0cx4q-1226681152376

ozs8jBE.jpg

You know, I had a shitty childhood too. My mother is a drug addict and abusive, to this day. By 13 I was on my own, I could stay in the house as long as I went out a lot and didn't bother Mommy Dearest. Years of abuse of every variety, both at home and in every place I went to feel "safe", we all know the story.

Today, I'm a grown woman with 3 biological sons and a stepson and I don't abuse them in any way shape or form, because I learned from my childhood to not let the cycle repeat itself, again. It can be done and her using a bad childhood as an excuse is just that, an excuse and a bad one in my eyes.

Kiesha Weippeart's stepfather seeks reduced sentence over killing
Smith has appealed the severity of the sentence, claiming he was entitled to a "substantial discount" because of his offers of assistance to the police.

The 34-year-old's lawyers claim Smith's provision of an "induced statement" to police and his willingness to give evidence against Abrahams, led her to plead guilty to murder on the day her trial was due to begin.
Mr Strickland also argued that giving his client a sentence for accessory to murder that was 50 per cent higher than that given to anyone else who had committed such an offence in NSW was excessive.

The Crown rejected both of these arguments.

The adduced statement was characterised by "lies and inconsistencies" and was thus useless as evidence.

On the issue of severity, the Crown said Smith's actions were worse than any previous case of accessory to murder and thus warranted a more severe sentence.

The three-judge appeal panel has reserved its decision.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kiesha-weippearts-stepfather-seeks-reduced-sentence-over-killing

Smith has appealed the severity of the sentence, claiming he was entitled to a "substantial discount" because of his offers of assistance to the police

He makes it sound like he's buying a pair of damaged shoes. Discount my arse - what a horrendously ugly pair of pigs, inside and out. Hope they rot in jail then in hell for eternity.

Bless you , beautiful Kiesha. You didn't have a chance xxx

Latest posts

Back