• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/0...buried-under-sticks-in-montana-mountains.html
1531150047395.jpg

A missing 5-month-old baby boy -- buried under sticks and debris for nine hours in the Montana mountains -- was rescued alive after being abandoned Saturday night in a wet and soiled onesie.

“After more than six hours of searching on foot, a deputy heard the faint cry of a baby,” Missoula County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Brenda Bassett said Sunday in a statement posted on Facebook.

The infant was in good condition after being found face down around 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the Lolo Hot Springs area, Bassett said. The temperature at the time was 46 degrees, she said.

The child had been in the care of his mother's boyfriend Francis Crowley, 32, officials said. Crowley was charged with criminal endangerment and jailed.
1531146268367.jpg

[....]
callers said Crowley was acting strangely and threatening people with a gun, according to Bassett. When they arrived they learned the baby had been missing for several hours and Crowley had vanished.

But a short time later Crowley reappeared and was taken into custody, the spokeswoman said.

“When deputies tried to interview him, he appeared to be under the influence of drugs and was not making sense to the officers,” she said.

Eventually, Crowley told the deputies the infant was possibly buried somewhere in the mountains, Bassett said. The name of the boy was not released.

Deputies summoned members of the Missoula County Search and Rescue to help in the search.

“For all of us at the sheriff’s office, this is what we call a miracle,” Bassett said.

It's probably like the kitten. He decided the kid was dead and buried him. No matter what he says, you know it isn't going to make any sense to anyone but him.

Stay off the shit guy! Don’t involve innocent children in your mayhem, asshole. Bury his ass alive and see how long he lasts

Poor thing ... I just don't understand these burn the baby ... punch the baby ... put the baby in a dumpster ... leave the baby in the mountains covered up with sticks, kind of people.

It's been almost 8 years since my last baby. Can they even lift their heads at 5months????

I know right ... poor little helpless thing. squirm this way and scratch ... squirm that way, same ... all he can do is scream his face off. Thank God someone heard him.

Be something great kid ... you survived the mountains all by yourself at 5 months old ... God has a plan for you, for sure!

Last edited:
Bury him under some sticks...
gasoline soaked sticks, which you then fling a lit flare upon.

I keep looking at his hand in that picture. The dirt under his nails and how hard he's holding onto that finger. It breaks my heart how terrified he must have been for those hours... Dude SUCKS for doing that to him! :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Word ... hardest day of his life, that got me too!

Wow, anyone that can look into the face of an infant, and feel they should cause even
one ounce of pain or discomfort, to our most defenseless, should be removed from polite society.
In a decidedly not polite way!

The picture got me, too. No 5moth old should ever be that dirty or scared.

This asshole should be charged with attempted murder, because that's what would have happened if he hadn't been found fairly quickly.

. Can they even lift their heads at 5months????

It depends on the baby, my oldest was pulling up about 6 mos old and walking at 8 months, but my younger one was still laying there like a beached whale at 5months old, So as with most everything else, your mileage will vary.

Last edited:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/baby-f...cers-recall-whimper-suspect-talks-2018-07-11/
[....]
Crowley told investigators he left the boy in the woods after crashing his car because the baby was heavy, according to court records. He appeared in Missoula County Justice Court from jail by video, and he broke down repeatedly as he heard the allegations against him.

Crowley doubled over, then fell to the floor and covered his face with his hands, sobbing. He exclaimed twice, "I love that f------ kid," and implored the judge not to take him away.

Public defender Ted Fellman said Crowley had no money and was living near Lolo Hot Springs. Sheriff's officials said Crowley, the child's mother and the boy were living in a camp near the hot springs in Lolo National Forest.

Crowley is from Portland, Oregon, and was previously arrested in June in Missoula on a fugitive warrant from Oregon for a probation violation, Missoula County prosecutors said. He has a string of prior arrests that include burglary, assault, drug and criminal mischief charges, Deputy County Attorney Brittany Williams said.

The nature of Crowley's relationship to the baby was not immediately clear.

Crowley did not enter a plea during the court hearing. Judge Marie Andersen set bail at $200,000 and scheduled his next court date for July 25.
[....]
Crowley was disoriented, likely because of drug use, and unable to help officers find the baby or say how long ago the crash had occurred, charging documents said. He variously said the baby was lying on the side of the road or had died and was buried in the woods.

But Crowley described crashing along an abandoned road that Jessop recognized as one that he started searching a little while earlier until it got too rough. He called for a four-wheel drive vehicle and he and Scholz found the wreck beyond the road's end. They followed a trail of items that included baby formula and a diaper bag before hearing the child.

Crowley has a criminal record out of Oregon that includes convictions of burglary and eluding police, CBS affiliate KPAX reported.

The baby was taken via ambulance to the hospital. On the way, the baby coughed up small sticks, the charging document said. He was treated for dehydration, lack of food and scratches, cuts and bruises and was placed in the custody of the Department of Public Health and Human Services.
[....]

Crowley told investigators he left the boy in the woods after crashing his car because the baby was heavy, according to court records.

Sure, that makes sense. :penguin:

The baby was taken via ambulance to the hospital. On the way, the baby coughed up small sticks, the charging document said. He was treated for dehydration, lack of food and scratches, cuts and bruises and was placed in the custody of the Department of Public Health and Human Services.

They should never give this kid back, or I doubt he will survive. Please, please let someone decent adopt him.

@Satanica
The man who left a 5-month-old baby in the woods outside Lolo Hot Springs last year, spurring an hours-long multi-agency search and valiant rescue, pleaded guilty to the deed Tuesday morning in Missoula District Court.

Francis Carlton Crowley, 33, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to criminal endangerment and child criminal endangerment. He also entered a "no contest" plea to the charge of assault on a child. The plea does not admit guilt, but rather concedes prosecutors would have likely secured a conviction at trial.
His sentencing is set for March 12.

One charge was dropped as part of the agreement, endangering the welfare of a child, which filed last month. After Crowley was initially charged, authorities tested one of the infant's hair follicles, which came back positive for methamphetamine.

The change of plea comes at the same time prosecutors leveled a new charge against Crowley Tuesday, that of child criminal endangerment. The charge stems from Crowley driving into the woods while he was high on methamphetamine and bath salts.

@Satanica
The man who brought a baby into the Lolo National Forest and buried him beneath sticks and twigs was sentenced on Tuesday to 30 years in state prison, with 10 suspended.

Francis Crowley, 33, wept openly and often during the sentencing hearing, swearing he never meant to hurt the child and thanking law enforcement for finding the baby after he abandoned the 5-month-old in the 2 million-acre forest on July 7. The baby spent nine hours in the woods on a 46-degree night before law enforcement found him.

Crowley broke into an angry and tearful rant toward Judge Karen Townsend at the end of the hearing, calling himself a "loser" who couldn't properly care for the child but still loved him.

"No matter what you think about me, that kid was my life," he said between sobs. "And I don't know what the [explitive] I was doing. I don't know why I went out there. I don't know why I kept driving."

In the defense's sentencing recommendation, Crowley's attorney asked for a sentence in rehabilitation. Townsend said, in light of 13 previous felony convictions, Crowley had been offered several treatment routes before, and turned them down or refused to participate; why would this time be different?

Crowley unraveled again.

"It doesn't matter what sentence I get," he said. "It's done. I need help though."

Crowley was high on methamphetamine, amphetamine and bath salts at the time he took the child into the woods. The baby also tested positive for drugs when authorities tested a hair follicle.

Latest posts

Back