• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Albuquerque Police are looking for two teens who were recorded on Snapchat being badly beaten.

"As a mother...he's gone, you don't know where he is and you can't help him," said Amanda Kimbrel.

But her fear is her son is not coming home alive.

"I just want to know that he didn't suffer, and if he is out here, that it was quick," said Kimbrel.

Kimbrel is the mother of 15-year-old Collin Romero. She says her son was seen in a Snapchat video along with his friend, 14 year-old Ahmed Lateef, being beaten up on the West Mesa.

The video showed Collin and Ahmed bleeding heavily with what appeared to be broken bones. The pair has not been seen since.

Kimbrel is now trying to find her son, and has been searching with friends near the Double Eagle Airport.

"On Monday morning I got a phone call from one of my son's friends, saying that he went outside to give somebody some weed and then never came back," she said.

Police say the two teens were last seen in a neighborhood near Hoover Middle School.

"This person that he was meeting was a dangerous person," said Kimbrel.

Police believe the two were involved in a drug deal gone bad, and now they're working with the people who found the post to find out where it came from.

"There's a lot of social media stuff on them, so that's what we're tracking," said Albuquerque Police Officer Simon Drobik.
https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerq...bk3zTu48HvfiJwg2XoktyRLdD71cpvyaas8_sQlxiKmkI

Criminal kids met a criminals end. Tragic they were young and dumb, but at least it didnt happen to a couple good, decent kids.

So senseless
Not senseless at all. Young fools got involved with rotten people in a drug deal gone wrong. Maybe thought they had pulled off something very clever.
In one of the links above, Lateef's mother suspected he was dealing drugs.
[...]Aziz said that in 2013, she moved her family members from Iraq to Albuquerque to give them a better life. She said Lateef was doing well in school until this past year.

She said he got into trouble with the law because of drugs. Aziz said she wanted him to stay locked up, believing he would be safer behind bars and stay out of trouble.

But he was released from custody.

In December, she said some teens came to her home, beat her son and took his clothes.

She said that after that, the mother and son got into an argument and Lateef ran away. Then days later, investigators said video of Lateef and Romero surfaced on Snapchat.

The two were being pistol-whipped and beaten. Police said they may have been involved in a drug deal that went wrong. APD said it has issued subpoenas to Snapchat to find out where that video came from, who took it and who posted it.

On Saturday, deputies confirmed the boys were found in a shallow grave in Sandoval County.

Aziz said she had to identify her son.

"His face, you can't believe. Dark purple. No eyes," she said.

[...]
LINK

Last edited:
Man identified as suspect in killings of two teens found buried on mesa

The District Attorney's Office has identified the suspect in the killing of two Albuquerque teens. Stephen Goldman, 19, is being investigated for the murders of 15-year-old Collin Romero and 14-year-old Ahmed Lateef.

According to our partners at the Albuquerque Journal, the District Attorney's Office made the confirmation after details of Goldman’s involvement came out Wednesday morning as the DA’s Office sought to keep him behind bars during a hearing in front of Judge Charles Brown.

In December 2018, a video surfaced on Snapchat showing 15-year-old Collin Romero and 14-year-old Ahmed Lateef being beaten and pistol-whipped. Less than two weeks later, the teens' bodies were found buried in a shallow grave. Police say the boys may have been involved in a drug deal.

Earlier this month, a 36-year-old man was charged with tampering with evidence in the death of the two teens.

Police in Las Vegas, Nevada, arrested Anthony Loy Aragon.

Two teenage boys were riddled with bullets, beaten and stabbed before being buried together in a shallow grave in Sandoval County late last year, according to autopsy reports released Friday afternoon.

Investigators said many of the bullets were fired through the boys’ arms and legs and weren’t fatal.

The findings by the Office of the Medical Investigator paint a grisly picture of the murders of Ahmed Lateef, 14, and Collin Romero, 15, and back up an Albuquerque police detective’s descriptions that the boys were tortured before they were killed. The bodies were discovered on Dec. 29 in the remote mesa west of Rio Rancho by a cadaver dog and Sandoval County deputies. They had been missing for two weeks.

According to the autopsy report, Lateef was shot 19 times, “eight of which were either lethal or potentially lethal.” He was shot nine times in the upper body and 10 times through his arms and legs. Lateef was also badly bruised, was cut in various places, and his teeth were broken.

Investigators say Romero was shot nine times, three in the head, once in the chest and four times in the foot, leg and shoulder. He was also beaten in the head and legs and stabbed in the knees.

Unsealed court documents lay out a 15-year-old’s admission to his role in the torture and murder of two teenage boys last year and also ties the suspect to a recent house party where a high schooler was fatally shot.

Julio Fabian “FaFa” Almentero, is charged with two counts of murder, three counts of tampering with evidence, two counts of kidnapping and two counts of armed robbery in the Dec. 16 slaying of Ahmed Lateef, 14, and Collin Romero, 15.

Almentero told his side of the story during an April 30 interview with police, according to an unsealed criminal complaint filed in District Court on Wednesday.

Almentero told a detective Goldman Jr. encouraged him to punch the two teens as he drove them out to the mesa. Almentero said Lateef and Romero were thrown out of the car soon after and Goldman Jr. struck them with an “AR-style” pistol.

“(Almentero) heard a gunshot, put his head down and then heard several more,” a detective wrote. “He saw Romero and Lateef lying on the ground and was made to help put their bodies in the trunk.”

Police say Almentero denied shooting the victims. He told them Goldman Jr. called Almentero’s uncle, Aragon, after the shootings to help get rid of the bodies.

According to the complaint Aragon met the three at a Motel 6 off Coors and Interstate 40 before he and Atkins drove the bodies to the mesa to dump them on the side of the road.

“(Goldman Jr.) had asked Aragon to take a photo of the two victims but Aragon refused and told (Goldman Jr.) that if he wanted the photos he should take the photos,” a detective wrote.

Aragon told the detectives that, afterward, Goldman Sr. told his son and Atkins they “needed to burn the car” and the car was later found torched in the mesa by Laguna police.

A judge sentenced Anthony Aragon on Monday to six years in prison for helping conceal the bodies of two teenage boys tortured and shot to death in 2018.

Aragon, 39, pleaded guilty Dec. 7 to two counts of tampering with evidence and a third count of conspiracy for burying the boys' bodies in a remote area west of Rio Rancho.

Three other men alleged to have killed Collin Romero, 15, and Ahmed Lateef, 14, are scheduled to stand trial in August.

During a sentencing hearing on Monday, Collin's mother told Aragon she spent 10 days searching the West Mesa for her son's remains before searchers found the bodies.

"I was on my hands and knees, crawling around different areas in the middle of the West Mesa," Amanda Kimbrel said.

"I was sniffing mounds of freshly overturned Earth, sniffing for a hint of decaying bodies," she said. "Do you realize I would still be doing that today had you been successful at hiding my son and Ahmed?"

Aragon apologized for his role in the killings before he was sentenced.

"I want everyone who loves them to know that I am so sorry," Aragon said. "I take full responsibility for what I did. I can never make it right but I can, and I will, be a better person."

After burying the bodies, Aragon fled to Las Vegas, Nevada, where he committed three armed robberies in three days, according to Nevada court records.

He pleaded guilty in Nevada in 2019 to multiple counts of robbery with a deadly weapon and was sentenced to between six and 15 years in prison, according to a Nevada Court of Appeals opinion upholding the conviction.

In handing down Aragon's sentence on Monday, 2nd Judicial District Court Judge Alisa Hart ordered Aragon's New Mexico sentence to run consecutive to his Nevada sentence,
1643130772967.png

Stephen Goldman Jr., Julio Almentero, and Jimmie Atkins were all sentenced to two life sentences, plus 19 years behind bars. They were convicted of murder in the deaths of 15-year-old Colin Romero and 14-year-old Ahmed Lateef.
The three kidnapped 14-year-old Ahmed Lateef and 15-year-old Collin Romero back in December 2018. Police say one of the boys tried to buy a gun off Goldman, to possibly get revenge on Atkins, who was one of Goldman’s friends. Footage from Snapchat taken on Goldman Jr.’s phone shows the men driving across Albuquerque and torturing the teens in their car. All three men were convicted of two counts of murder, two counts of kidnapping, along with armed robbery.

1693103898941.png

1693103943994.png

Back