• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Minnesota woman is charged with manslaughter after authorities say she delivered a baby who died of alcohol intoxication.

A criminal complaint says the newborn had a blood alcohol content of 0.23, which is nearly three times the legal limit for an adult to drive a vehicle. First responders were called to Rianna Cameron's home last December where she had just given birth. The baby was rushed to the hospital, but did not survive. An autopsy showed she died of complications of acute ethanol intoxication and unsupported delivery.

The complaint says the 29-year-old Cameron had a blood alcohol content of 0.21 at the time. Prosecutors say Cameron has two other children under age three and has a lengthy chemical dependency and child protection history.

She said she’d drunk around a liter of whiskey, with cops finding an empty 1.75 liter bottle of Evan Williams whiskey in the home’s kitchen shortly afterwards.

Cameron was taken to hospital, where blood tests established her blood alcohol level was .21 – slightly lower than the level found in her dead daughter, but still well over the drink-drive limit.

Prosecutors explained the manslaughter charge by saying that Cameron has had a lengthy history with alcohol dependency. They said she has attended treatment programs, and knew the risks posed to her unborn baby by drinking while expecting a child.

Police spoke to her at least twice while pregnant, the first time in July 2018, when Cameron told them she was back in treatment. Cameron was given another warning about drinking while pregnant on July 15, and is said to have told cops she was sticking to her treatment.

She reportedly added that her baby would be born healthy.

She drank a fucking liter of whisky?

Goddamn.

Prosecutors explained the manslaughter charge by saying that Cameron has had a lengthy history with alcohol dependency. They said she has attended treatment programs, and knew the risks posed to her unborn baby by drinking while expecting a child.

I'd have gone the "multiple charges" route. Might could get a murder charge to stick in front of the right jury; if not, then manslaughter as a fall-back.

Why was she not being monitored more closely? This lady's history reeks of a child murder waiting to happen. Social services let her slip through the cracks.

I'm confused how she was in labor yet didn't wait to call 911 until after her baby was dying... Did she hope she was going to sober up before the doctors realized she was wasted?

Ugggh. I hate to see this happening in Minnesota cus normally Minnesota is pretty great :rolleyes:

Prosecutors say Cameron knew the risks of drinking alcohol while pregnant with her child as she has a lengthy chemical dependency and child protection history. Records show Cameron has been civilly committed for alcohol addiction three times since 2012, and has been in and out of treatment for years. In 2015, she was referred to child protection after a report of prenatal alcohol exposure involving another of her children. Victim C was received by Child Protection.

Law enforcement knew Cameron's history and spoke to her at least two times regarding alcohol use in the months leading up to her baby's death. The first time on July 24, the defendant reportedly told police she was back in treatment. The second time was on Dec. 15, when they warned her again about the dangers of drinking while pregnant. Cameron reportedly told police she understood those dangers and claimed she was still doing treatment. She assured officers that no harm would come to the child.

The little girl was dead just 15 days later.

Prosecutors say child protection authorities are extremely concerned about the welfare of Cameron's other two children as she is reportedly not engaged in her alcohol counseling program.

Yup recovering lady here too. I was in treatment when I got pregnant. Thank god. I hate to admit this but at my lowest I don’t know if I could have stopped. It sounds evil, but I usually drank about a fifth of vodka and a couple of bottles of wine in about a 24-36 hour period. Yes, I spent much of my time unconscious.

I have 0 desire to drink ever drink again. The kids and my husband are a reason, but mostly because I went through hell to quit and no buzz is worth opening up that whole mess again. Thinking of alcohol, writing this, is making me gag.

Yup recovering lady here too. I was in treatment when I got pregnant. Thank god. I hate to admit this but at my lowest I don’t know if I could have stopped. It sounds evil, but I usually drank about a fifth of vodka and a couple of bottles of wine in about a 24-36 hour period. Yes, I spent much of my time unconscious.

I have 0 desire to drink ever drink again. The kids and my husband are a reason, but mostly because I went through hell to quit and no buzz is worth opening up that whole mess again. Thinking of alcohol, writing this, is making me gag.
I have so much respect and love for you right now. Seriously. Way to go!

A Minnesota woman has been sentenced in connection to the death of her newborn daughter in 2018.

Rianna Marie Cameron, 29, was sentenced to more than three years (41 months) at the Shakopee Correctional Facility. In February she pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree manslaughter.

A criminal complaint states officers were called at about 8:30 p.m. Dec. 30, 2018, on a report of an unresponsive infant after a woman had just given birth. There, officers found Cameron lying on a bed in an upstairs bedroom.

A man, later identified as the newborn's father, was at the foot of the bed. The complaint states a newborn baby girl was also in the bed. Authorities said the infant was a bluish-purple color and did not appear to be breathing.

When asked how she was doing, Cameron she had been drinking for two and a half hours prior to the arrival of authorities, the complaint states. Authorities located an empty 1.75-liter bottle of whiskey in the kitchen.

The newborn was pronounced dead while en route to a hospital. Autopsy results revealed the newborn died from complications of acute ethanol intoxication and unsupported delivery, the complaint states.

According to the complaint, Cameron has two other young children and "has a lengthy chemical dependency and child protection history." The complaint states Cameron has been in and out of treatment.
https://kstp.com/news/rogers-woman-...ection-to-newborn-intoxication-death/5754879/

Last edited:
I can only imagine that everytime that guy wakes up from his booze induced stupor he looks over, sees the behemoth crushing the bed beside him and think - OH GOD! NOT AGAIN!!!

Back