• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://news.yahoo.com/foul-play-eyed-death-millionaires-83-old-wife-191340879.html

The 83-year-old wife of a millionaire McDonald's franchisee found dead in the couple's New York hilltop estate died of blunt force trauma, police said Tuesday.

A caretaker at the 300-acre manor found Lois Colley's body in the laundry room of the couple's home in North Salem, authorities said. The Journal News reported that investigators believe Colley, a socialite know to mingle among New York's most powerful families, died sometime between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Monday.

Investigators don't know the whereabouts of Colley's husband, Eugene, known for his empire of roughly 100 McDonald's restaurants, but authorities don't believe he is a suspect in her death, state police Lt. Paul DeQuatro said at a news conference. There were no signs that anyone had forced their way into the home, which is set back from the road in the quiet Westchester County town.

Authorities said a small fire extinguisher was missing from the home, but DeQuatro would not say whether investigators believe it was used to kill Lois Colley.

I think it was someone she knew, if not her husband, because it seems she let them in or they had their own key.

Last edited:
I hope they find the monster that did this to this Lois. She was no threat. No effort was made to take anything except the fire extinguisher?? That sounds really odd to me. It sounds to me like it was a very personal planned hit. I wonder who stands to benefit from her death and is having money problems. The two hour window is pretty short period of time. Someone had to know she was alone during those two hours. Too much of a coincidence. Hope we hear more.

@cubby
An illegal immigrant day laborer has pleaded guilty to bludgeoning a socialite to death at her family's suburban New York estate.

Esdras Marroquin Gomez pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Monday and admitted to killing 83-year-old Lois Colley, the wife of millionaire McDonald's franchisee Eugene Colley, at her 300-acre North Salem estate in November 2015.

Gomez admitted to Assistant District Attorney Julia Cornachio in court that he killed Colley with a fire extinguisher during a confrontation.

Cornachio also said authorities believe 'he probably wanted money'.

During a press conference on Monday, Colley's husband of 65 years, Eugene, spoke.

'We the family had a tough time, but this will help,' he said through tears.

According to authorities, Gomez claimed he had been injured at the family's property, Windswept Farm, and had been pursuing a worker's compensation claim before Colley's death, according to the Journal News.

On November 9, 2015, Colley’s body was discovered in the laundry room of her home by another caretaker who worked on the property. She died from blunt force trauma.

At the time, police discovered a pin from a fire extinguisher next to Colley’s body.

There was no sign of forced entry, according to police. No valuables were taken. All that was missing was the extinguisher.

A few days later, the extinguisher was recovered in a pond on the property. It was wrapped in a plastic bag and had Colley’s DNA on it.

During the investigation, authorities learned that Gomez, an illegal immigrant, had fled to his native Guatemala and then Mexico by the time they realized he was a suspect.

"They found the extinguisher wrapped in a plastic bag in the pond on their property,” Westchester County District Attorney Anthony Scarpino said.
The victim’s DNA was found on that fire extinguisher."

Now there's a smart move, putting it in plastic. He just forgot to put gift wrap and a bow on it for the cops. But it's the thought that counts or, in this case, the lack of thought. Vicious bastard.

Before he was sentenced, Illegal Gomez said he made a mistake and asked for forgiveness from God.

I am going to believe God was a little busy and did not have time for this piece of shits fake remorse.

Back