• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
If her family isn't wealthy, then this may be the best way they can AFFORD a second autopsy. Unless it's court-ordered, the party initiating the second autopsy has to bear all costs involved with the exhumation, transportation and care of the body, as well as the fees of the second doctor, and any lab tests involved. That can run into some REAL money.

I can see how it happened. Family wants to get a second autopsy done, is going nuts trying to figure out how to afford it. Along comes Mr Dudefella from the Dr. Phil show, "we'll pay all costs for the second autopsy but you have to let us use the information in an upcoming show." Family says, "anything just find out how those bastards killed our daughter"

Its not the 2nd autopsy I find wrong, its the doing it on a national television show for ratings, but I can undestand they just want answers... SDPD has made so many screw ups in the recent past that no one that lives here believes much of what they say...

Yeah it is wrong of Dr Phil to exploit this case for ratings,but I am sure the family is desperate and this is the only way they can pay for her body to be exhumed and autopsied again.So can't say I blame them.

Medicis CEO Jonah Shacknai has sold his Coronado, Calif., mansion to a group of investors three months after the high-profile hanging death of his girlfriend there this summer.
The buyer is an investment group, 1043 Ocean LLC, that intends to remodel and resell the historic Spreckels mansion located in an exclusive beachfront neighborhood, according to Scott Aurich, a real-estate agent with Pacific Sotheby's International Realty.
Aurich did not disclose the sales price or the names of the investors.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-11-02/suicide-mansion-sale/51041750/1

The results of a second autopsy in the hanging death of Rebecca Zahau at a Coronado mansion will now be aired on the “Dr. Phil” television show in two parts on Monday and Tuesday, rather than on Thursday as previously scheduled, a show spokeswoman said.

The episodes were taped today at the show’s studio in Los Angeles with Zahau’s family and their attorney, Anne Bremner. Private pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht, who was hired to perform the second autopsy, appeared on the show remotely to release the findings, according to Bremner.

A studio audience was not present for the taping, according to a report by KFMB-TV 8 journalist Phil Blauer, who was allowed to attend the filming.

Blauer agreed not to reveal the results of the autopsy until the show airs but hinted at “surprising new evidence” discussed on the show.

In an e-mail Tuesday night, Bremner said the taping went well, and that the show's producers "recognized that the case is so complex - one hour wasn’t sufficient to cover everything," and that two shows were needed.
[...]

Wecht said the investigative files from both the Sheriff’s Department and the medical examiner would contribute to any conclusions he would make on the case.

The Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday that no new evidence has been presented to them to compel them to reopen the investigation.

Blauer reported that the episodes next week will include the final text messages between Zahau and her sister, Mary Zahau-Loehner, as well as a recording of the 911 call by Shacknai’s brother, Adam, who discovered the body.
[...]
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/nov/08/dr-phil-show-on-mansion-autopsy-results-delayed/

DR. Phil he says there is evidence the sheriffs department didnt process and strange footprints in the kitchen... Pretty good video here: http://www.760kfmb.com/story/16039227/dr-phil-airs-new-evidence-in-coronado-mansion-mystery Esrlier SignonSandiego.com was reporting he had no new evidence and the comments made there were getting pretty argumentative, I cant find this page again but soon as I do I will post it, I think they took it off because there were a few articles posted locally I cannot find again... I am watching the 2nd part of Dr. Phil right now...

New evidence in the mysterious death of Rebecca Zahau, 32, has been revealed on the "Dr. Phil" television show. News 8's Phil Blauer spoke with Dr. Phil McGraw about his findings in an exclusive interview.

The show included audio excerpts from the 911 call placed by Adam Shacknai on the morning of July 13, when he reported he had found Zahau hanging at the Spreckels mansion in Coronado. At the time, the home was owned by Adam's brother and Zahau's boyfriend, Jonah Shacknai, 54.

Limited excerpts of the 911 call were played during Tuesday's Dr. Phil Show:

POLICE DISPATCH: 911 emergency. What are you reporting?
ADAM SHACKNAI: I got a girl… hung herself.
POLICE DISPATCH: Is she alive?
ADAM SHACKNAI: Are you alive? I don't think so.

More clips from the 911 call are expected to be included in Wednesday's program, which airs on CBS 8.

Also in Tuesday's episode was newly-released home video of Rebecca Zahau. Zahau's family does not believe the Sheriff department's findings that Zahau hanged herself while bound, gagged and naked.

"I know my sister and she would not want to hurt us," Rebecca's sister Mary Zahau-Loehner said on set. "She was not the type of person who would commit suicide. There is no way."

Other evidence presented on part one of the "Dr. Phil" series included one of Rebecca's final text messages, where she described the condition of her boyfriend's son, Max Shacknai, 6, who suffered severe brain injuries in a reported fall down the mansion staircase July 11.

The text message, sent to Zahau-Loehner hours before Rebecca's death, responded to questions Zahau-Loehner had asked about how Max was doing in the hospital:

Not okay but better. No swelling detected and they have decreased the amount of coma. And he said he seem more alive. I can't believe this. It's a nightmare and particularly it's hard for me (because) I love him like my own but he is not and I need to be strong for Jonah.

Detectives believe Zahau killed herself after she found out Max would not survive.

Dr. Phil responded to the evidence revealed during part one of his special report.

"You always have to consider that the family just doesn't want to accept that a family member has taken their own life," Dr. Phil said. "But in this case, I have to say, there is troubling evidence, both in terms of victimology and in terms of the actual scene and how it dovetails with the forensic findings from the forensic autopsy."

Zahau family attorney Anne Bremner has reviewed evidence contained in Sheriff Department reports, which have not been made public.

"They didn't look at a pair of woman's underwear in a garbage can in the guest house. They didn't look at black gloves at the scene. They didn't look at many people with DNA or fingerprints," Bremner revealed on set.

One big question, who was on a computer inside the home at 3 a.m., just hours before Zahau was found dead? On one of the computers – and she's alone in the house, apparently when she supposedly kills herself – is used after her death," said the Seattle-based attorney.

"This is a case where there's blood in the shower; not analyzed. There's footprints down in the kitchen; not analyzed," said Bremner.

Bremner also claimed that DNA evidence in the case was not fully analyzed the Sheriff's department.
"We have mixed DNA in this case all over; in things like the knife, the bed frame, and black gloves. Mixed DNA unexplained as to who these other donors are," said Bremner.

The Dr. Phil show re-aired excerpts from a News 8 reenactment of the Coronado mansion mystery, which showed the rope binding as described in the autopsy report.

The News 8 reenactment showed dramatic movement of a similar bed when a 100 pound weight was tied to it and dropped off a balcony. The bed moved much farther than the 7.5 inches displayed in evidence photos.

"Was it a suicide? Of course I don't know and I don't think anybody does at this point," Dr. Phil told News 8. "But there are enough unanswered questions that this family no going to find peace until they get the answers."

Dr Phil had private investigator, Paul Ciolino, re-interview mansion neighbors. One woman was sitting by an open window on the night Zahau died.

"She heard screams and as she described it, 'I heard a women calling for help.'" said Ciolino. "There's another neighbor on the other side of the house that repeats the same thing." Dr. Phil said he invited members of the Shacknai family to appear on his show but they declined. I'm wondering if they heard someone calling for help, why didnt they call the police?

On Tuesday, Dr. Phil will air the results of a second autopsy performed by world-renowned, forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht.

The Sheriff's department declined to respond to specific evidence aired on the Dr. Phil Show, but issued a statement saying:

To date, neither our detectives, nor the Medical Examiner's Office have been presented with any evidence from this second autopsy. If Dr. Wecht or Miss Bremner would like to share information they believe is pertinent with our investigators, we would be glad to meet with them, rather than hear their results on television presented as entertainment.

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/16039227/dr-phil-airs-new-evidence-in-coronado-mansion-mystery

This is not substantiated but some of the commenters were saying that Dina Shacknais twin sister works for the sheriffs department...

Just days before TV doctor Phil McGraw will announce the results of Rebecca Zahau's second autopsy, it has been revealed that the twin sister of Jonah Shacknai's ex-wife was at the mansion in the hours leading up to her death.
Nina Romano, whose sister was married to Miss Zahau's Billionaire boyfirend before they divorced several years ago, said she went to the house in San Diego to get answers about six-year-old Max's death.
That same day, on July 13, Miss Zahau, 32, was said to have committed suicide at 3am after hearing that her step-son Max - who had been injured in an accident at the Coronado home days earlier - was about to die.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2060102/Dina-Shacknais-twin-sister-mansion-hours-leading-Rebecca-Zahaus-suicide.html

Last edited:
I know this is a dumbass question but what does Colonel Mustard mean? :confused3: I know he is a character in Clue or something but dont undertand... :hmmmm2: :dontknow:

Last edited:
I know this is a dumbass question but what does Colonel Mustard mean? :confused3: I know he is a character in Clue or something but dont undertand... :hmmmm2: :dontknow:
Just Pete being Pete. It's his answer to a mystery of whodunit. So far he's only been right once or twice.

According to KFMB, Dr. Wecht appeared via satellite on the TV show and reported, "I lean very strongly toward it being a homicide - something involving foul play - and lean very strongly against it being a suicide."

Dr. Wecht said Zahau's neck was not broken and he believes it would have been had she committed suicide, given the nine-foot drop off the balcony described in her initial autopsy report, reports KFMB.

During his autopsy, Dr. Wecht also examined four head injuries that did not break the skin but caused bleeding underneath Zahau's scalp.

The San Diego County Medical Examiner reportedly described those head injures as "relatively minor" and said in a September statement that "she may have struck her head on the balcony on the way down."

Dr. Wecht disagreed with this theory, KFMB reports. (Remember there was blood found in the shower?)

"You have to have blunt force trauma. You have to have the head impacting against some object four times; or be struck by something four times in a round, blunt force nature," said Dr. Wecht.

"I would like to hear from them how you get four separate impacts to the top of the head in a vertical hanging," Wecht continued. "And, the significance of that is that those kinds of impacts might lead to a concussion and could lead to temporary unconsciousness."

San Diego's police chief, however, says results of the second autopsy won't convince him to reopen the case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57326199-504083/family-of-millionaires-girlfriend-rebecca-zahau-dispute-suicide-finding-on-dr-phil/

Video http://www.drphil.com/uncut/page/uncensored/

A woman found naked, bound and hanging in her boyfriend's Southern California mansion might have been murdered, according to a prominent pathologist.

That inconclusive finding contradicts the investigations of two police departments and a medical examiner who ruled that Rebecca Zahau killed herself in July just days after her lover's son died from a fall while she was babysitting him in Coronado, Calif., according to CBS News.

Dr. Cyril Wecht revealed his grisly hypothesis to Zahau's family on the "Dr. Phil" talkshow on Tuesday.

The family had Zahau's body exhumed from her Missouri grave and flown to Wecht for a second autopsy in Pittsburgh, because they disagreed with the official reports that called the death a suicide.

Wecht disputed the original postmortem, saying that he found evidence of blunt trauma to Zahau's head, which could have been caused by an attacker "Good Morning America" reports.

He also doubted that Zahau, 32, hanged herself, because her neck wasn't fractured.

The evidence was suspicious, Wecht says, leading him to say he'd change the cause of death from suicide to undetermined on the death certificate, according to "Good Morning America."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/17/rebecca-zahaus-dr-phil_n_1099376.html#s314362

Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange how SDPD is reacting to a 2nd autopsy? If someone is on the path of truth and justice wouldnt you do whatever it take to help? I find it really weird that SDPD is upset over a 2nd autopsy, if your work is stellar, why worry about 2nd or even 3rd opinion of your investigation?

Dont think I said that right but forgive me, Im tired and just rudely got woken from a deep sleep...

listen to audio at link... in her own words... yeh...

Nina Romano talks to News 8:

CORONADO, Calif. (CBS 8) - Nina Romano was confused about what happened to her nephew at the Spreckels mansion from the moment Rebecca Zahau picked her up at Lindbergh Field.

Max Shacknai, 6, suffered grave injuries in a fall down the mansion's main staircase on the morning of July 11, according to the boy's autopsy report.

Zahau, 32, was babysitting Max at the time of his fall and Romano flew down from her home near Sacramento that same night.

"We got in the car and the first thing I said was, ‘Rebecca what happened?'" recalled Romano.

"I heard Maxie was walking up the stairs and he had a cardiac arrest. That makes no sense to me. I said, ‘He's a six year old boy. He's a healthy boy. He plays soccer. He plays sports. I don't understand.' And (Rebecca) just looked at me and she said, ‘I know.' And that was it," said Romano, 41, during a two-hour interview detailing the events.

"And I said, ‘Okay, well, where did he fall from? Did he fall from the first set of stairs, the little landing, the stairs going up, the top landing by the bedrooms, where did he fall from?'" Romano continued. "She said twice, ‘He fell from the bedroom. He fell from the bedroom.' And I looked at her and said, ‘How do you know that? I thought you didn't see him.' No answer."

Romano's non-identical, twin sister is Dina Shacknai, the boy's mother and ex-wife of the mansion's then owner, Arizona pharmaceutical tycoon Jonah Shacknai, 54.

"She would not talk about the accident again, not one word," Romano said. "And I thought this is really weird because if I was her and I was picking up a family member of a boy that I was watching, I would give full disclosure of everything I knew, everything I saw, everything I did."

Romano said she visited her nephew at the hospital the following evening, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, July 12.

"He had tubes coming out of everywhere. He had a neck brace on. He was on a ventilator. It was just shocking for me to see him like that," Romano recalled.

Romano said she returned to her sister Dina's house on G Avenue in Coronado – less than a half mile from the Spreckels mansion – around 9:30 p.m. and she still didn't have the answers she was looking for. She decided to send Rebecca a text message.

"I was at my sister's house and I texted from my sister's kitchen. It was 9:41 p.m. and I have my phone records. I waited until 9:55 p.m. and I got no answer," Romano said.

Romano gave News 8 a copy of her Verizon cell phone bill showing an outgoing message to Zahau's cell phone at 9:41 p.m. For some unexplained reason, Zahau's phone records showed a time stamp indicating the text was received by Zahau at 10:41 p.m., exactly one hour later.

Both cell phones were in California at the time and in July, Arizona time is the same as California time. Zahau and her boyfriend Jonah Shacknai lived in Arizona and vacationed during the summer at the oceanfront home in Coronado.

Romano said she never received a response to that 9:41 p.m. text message, so she decided to walk to the mansion to see if she could talk to Zahau about Max's fall.

"I kept saying to myself, ‘I don't get it.' I thought I'm just going to go ask Rebecca, can you please show me where you found him? Show me how you found him. I just wanted to see. Show me where he was positioned. I just wanted to see for myself," Romano said. "That's why I went there. I just wanted her to show me how she found him because I didn't understand."

She said it was about a five minute walk.

"I went up to the front door and rang the bell, nothing; rang the bell a second time, nothing. I knocked on the door. I looked through the glass, nothing," Romano remembered. "It didn't look like anybody was home. The whole bottom part of the house was dark."

Romano then walked around the driveway side of the house and noticed Zahau's vehicle in the driveway.

"There's a gate that goes to the backyard. I didn't touch the gate. I didn't try to open the gate in any way. I just kind of tried to look through," Romano said.

Romano noticed a light on in an upstairs bedroom; the same room where detectives believe Zahau bound and gagged herself while naked, tied a rope around her own neck and jumped to her death off the balcony.

"That overhead light was on. So that was the only light that I saw in the house. The kitchen was dark, everything was dark. So I thought, that's kind of strange because her car's here; that light's on, that's weird. So then I just thought, ‘Maybe she just doesn't want to talk to me,'" according to Romano. "So, I turned around and I left right away and I walked back to my sister's house, got ready for bed and went to sleep."

Romano said she was wearing black yoga pants, a gray tank top and a gray yoga jacket.

"I was carrying a pink, Coach wristlet. It's very small. It's enough to put a cell phone, a pack of gum, a lip gloss, your ID; that's what it's for, which the police took photos of, so they have photos of it," said Romano.

A passerby did notice a woman at the house that night and reported it to police following Zahau's death July 13. But that witness's description of the woman does not match that of Nina Romano, according to Zahau family attorney Anne Bremner.

In a series of emails and interviews with News 8, Bremner said the witness now believes the woman he saw was Nina's sister, Dina Shacknai.

"The witness sent me a picture of Dina and said it was Dina," according to Bremner, who said the witness was riding a bicycle by the home at approximately 10:20 p.m. on July 12.

"He was going by and saw somebody with a large, black bag trying to get in the front door and looking around and going to the back of the house," Bremner said. "She was 40 to 50 years, 5'5", 170 to 190 lbs., long dark hair; wearing a black and white striped short sleeve shirt," said Bremner.

"He is positive it (was) Dina and she was acting very suspiciously," Bremner wrote. "He has seen subsequent news reports that said Nina was out front and he said that's not the person he saw."

The witness may have mistaken Romano for her twin sister, who was at Children's Hospital by her son's bedside throughout the evening of July 12 and into the morning of July 13, Romano said.

"Seeing as we're twins, I could totally understand how somebody could mistake me at 10 o'clock at night in the dark for my sister," said Romano. "And that makes sense. We have the same body type. She's thinner than I am but we have the same broad shoulders. We're fraternal twins so I get how he could make that mistake. But it was 100% a mistake."

Bremner said detectives investigated the witness report and concluded the woman was Romano but she still has questions.

"This is a witness who gave a description to the police that doesn't match, as I understand it, the way Nina (Romano) appeared at that time," the Seattle-based attorney said in a phone interview. "We're looking for accuracy in this investigation and making sure we get to the answers."

Romano responded that she voluntarily told detectives, who were at the hospital, about the incident.

"I told the police the very next day, I was there for three minutes; here's what I did," recalled Romano.

"I had nothing to hide. I wanted them to know because I believe if you're not forthcoming and it comes out afterwards, that looks suspicious. That's why I immediately said, ‘Hey, I was there.'"

Romano told News 8, "They took photographs, the typical front, side, back type of photographs; hands, front, back, everything. They did a DNA swab in my mouth. They ripped hair out of my head in about five or six different areas. They literally twisted and ripped it out of my head. They took fingernails, like where they scrape under your fingernails. And, then I also gave them the clothes that I was wearing that night."

The mansion owner's brother, Adam Shacknai, 48, called 911 at 6:45 a.m. on July 13 to report he had found Zahau hanging and cut her down.

That's when, Romano said, her confusion over her nephew's tragic death turned to suspicion.

"I think she committed suicide for sure," said Romano. "I think she was guilty. I think she felt guilty. In my opinion, I feel like she knew more than she disclosed."

"My thought was, ‘Oh my God she did know more than she admitted to.' That was my initial reaction. ‘Oh my gosh, what on earth did she do that she couldn't live with?'"

The autopsy report concluded Max died as a result of an accidental fall. It said the boy's last word was "Ocean," the name of Rebecca's dog. Investigators speculated that Max may have been riding his scooter in the hallway and tripped over the dog, resulting in the boy's plunge down the staircase.

It's a conclusion Romano does not believe and she wants the investigation reopened.

"I don't believe that he flew over the banister in the way that the medical examiner says he did," said Romano.

"Maybe (Rebecca) wasn't watching him the way she was supposed to. Maybe she wasn't taking care of him. Maybe she wasn't paying attention."

Romano also said she believes Zahau lied about Max uttering the name of the dog before he lost consciousness.

"I believe that's what Rebecca said because that sounds pretty good doesn't it? ‘It's not my fault; it's the dog's (fault). I didn't do anything. It must have been the dog.' I don't believe that statement to be true. That's my quote. I don't believe that statement that Rebecca said is true. I believe that's a complete lie," said Romano.

As for conspiracy theories that Zahau may have been murdered – a revenge attack for the boy's death – Romano called that thinking, "bizarre."

"When people say, ‘Oh Dina must have been so mad. Grieving mother; she went over there and she just took Rebecca out.' That's crazy," said Romano. "My sister wishes Rebecca was here so she could say, ‘What happened in that house? Tell me.'"

The Zahau family does not believe Rebecca committed suicide and also wants the law enforcement investigation reopened into her death. The results of a second autopsy on Zahau's body are set to be announced Thursday on the Dr. Phil Show, which airs on CBS 8.

Both families now find themselves in a parallel kind of uneasiness; not believing the official autopsy results in the deaths of their loved ones, as they search for answers that may not come.

"My thoughts, my positive energy goes out to the Zahau family," Romano said. "I feel awful for them. My sister feels awful for them. She (Dina) knows what she is going through. She would never ever want another mother to feel what she's feeling because my sister, she will never be the same."

"Maxie was a beautiful, beautiful, loving little boy." Romano recalled as the interview finished up. "And all of a sudden you see these people blogging and we're all conspiring, I mean it's just bizarre. I just don't understand how people think. So I think that's why I finally just wanted to talk to you because I feel like nobody's talking about my nephew and I don't want people to forget about him."

Showing 20 of 265 comments

3 days ago
Nina Romano speaks exactly like Casey Anthony was when she was trying to get her boyfriends phone number. Remember when she was in jail and didn't want to talk about Caylee? Also if it was Nina then she was wearing a disguise at the mansion. Her remarks about mentioning she was at the mansion because she 'knows it would come up if seen' and she didn't want to be a suspect, seems like she was showing her ability to plan ahead.
Corruption SD
6 days ago

@SDSO Dr. Sicko, what are the voices in your head telling you? So, you think it's ok to trash dead people, as long as they're not cops, right? You must be very miserable. Do you feel better now that you are trashing and making libelous statements against a dead person and their grieving family. Who is Robert Mack and who are you talking to? Playing the shcizo card I see, if in fact you are referring to me, I guess I should be flattered, this must mean I have really struck a nerve and hit the nail on the head. Enjoy your fantasy world. Please let me know when you land back here on planet earth. Who is we? You always talk about we? Is that the SDSO?

Sick Itten
7 days ago

Robert MACk MCk, we know who you are, we know you are a schizo & we know your son has spent a great deal of time in foster care. We know Rebecca had two kids, a son & a daughter. So..is it safe to say you identify w/her as another CRAPPY parent?

Corruption SD
6:58 PM Nov 15

Share | Flag

SDSO Dr. Sicko, you must really enjoy that little delusional world that you live in -- enjoy reading the dictionary and posting your SDSO baby trash talk. Only you would think you could open a dictionary and instantly get an MD degree and become a forensic psychologist, and be able to diagnose people without ever actually meeting them. How's that for reality?

Sick Itten
5:55 PM Nov 15

+4
Share | Flag

Well, someone on the sane side started a forum & I joined there yesterday. No psychotics need register. http://lefthandedkitten.freef​orums.org/nina-romano-talks-t​o-news-8-t8.html

Sick Itten
5:08 PM Nov 13

+3
Share | Flag

So you are part of the SDSO? If the love of my life died, and I was wealthy -- I would give 10 million dollars to the Sheriff's Dept. ~ Yeah but @ that point she wasn't fitting into 'love of my life' category. I'm gonna bet she was barely holding on & if what the gossip on the intn'l forums is hinting at...she went through his stuff while he was @ the gym & discovered he was seeing someone else & went into a ballistic rage, killing his kid. Do you think he would want that info to be out there? How do you explain that to the mother of the late child? The fact that the Zahaus can't or won't admit their Rebecca might have been a child killing MONSTER w/all of the evidence that points to a murder & a staged accident scene, is the height of narcissism & extremely gauche.

Corruption SD
12:19 PM Nov 13

Share | Flag

So you are part of the SDSO? If the love of my life died, and I was wealthy -- I would give 10 million dollars to the Sheriff's Dept. to find out who's trashing her, and tell them to SHUT IT. I would also generously reward the honest hard working sane deputies.

Sick Itten
11:42 AM Nov 13

+2
Share | Flag

Dr. Sick, does this fall under the category of the SDSO trying to protect Rebecca's reputation?~ ☁ No, you're NOT getting it. The SDSO is more concerned about protecting the living as in Jonah Shacknai. Many details are being kept from the public & being hush-hushed. You need to take this from a different tact. Mr. Shacknai heads a PUBLICLY traded company. Investors are banking on his judgement. If his lapse in judgement is illuminated by letting an unstable individual into his home & in contact w/his children then his perception & judgements will indeed be brought into question. Paired w/the warnings from former domestic help, his older children & mother of his child, it doesn't bode too well for him. He stands to lose a great deal of what he has worked towards building. He could be, in a sense, negligent in the death of his own child. His own family he must face w/this.

Corruption SD
7:14 AM Nov 13
Dr. Sick, does this fall under the category of the SDSO trying to protect Rebecca's reputation?

Sick Itten
10:22 PM Nov 12

+1
Share | Flag

You know, people are saying that Xena is not Rebecca's sister but daughter her parents agreed to raise as their own. More & more inconsistencies are emerging from the Zahau camp as they tried to spin Rebecca's rep as a "devout Christian"...

Corruption SD
7:26 PM Nov 12

+1
Share | Flag

Dr. Sicko I'll even thumbs up your post -- your ego much like your wiener needs a lift.

Corruption SD
6:23 PM Nov 12

+1
Share | Flag

Still can't answer a simple question news_critic I mean sicko. Figures -- only a real man can answer a direct question. Attention: All Forensic Psychologists -- no need to go to med school -- or to ever meet face to face with a patient. This genius Dr. Sicko thinks you can read a definition from a dictionary and diagnose people he's never met via the interent. Let us know when you arrive back here on planet earth Dr. Sicko. And in the words of Whitney Houston "Crack is wack". Just say no to drugs -- or at least before you post.

Sick Itten
4:36 PM Nov 12

+3
Share | Flag

Follow the links in the YouTube comments to reveal the 40 something guy the Romanos & Shacknais should be watching o/their shoulder & have investigated: ☛ Sick Itten 2:14pm on Friday, November 4, 2011 http://rebeccazahau.blogspot.​com/p/coronado-masquerade-reb​ecca-zahau.html Okay, so which one of you is this bumpkin? https://www.youtube.com/watch​?v=acb0FvrvS-I& ;feature=related Come on, fess up!

Sick Itten
2:56 PM Nov 12

Share | Flag

Let the psychotics & "celebrating authoress" {golly, GeeMckennessey} stew in their own insanity at the Coronado Patch. It is really just two men w/an Asian Fetish who got excited by the nudity, bondage and sickness of an Asian woman & became obsessed w/this case. Yellow fever, what a lovely way to burn...Apparently are missing out on the whole Asian pornography market acting like Rebecca was from some kind of royal Asian dynasty instead of a SE Asian immigrant that lured suckers w/webcam shows for hire. Surprise!

Angry Jon
2:49 PM Nov 12

+4
Share | Flag

That's why I am the way I am to them. Do you think they aren't twisting the truth even more over there without you? They are on the main page forum while this is way way down the list. I am saving my energy for Monday before the show. I've battled with them for over 2 months now on the issue.

Sick Itten
2:47 PM Nov 12

+2
Share | Flag

Seems Mary Zahau's ex-hubby has problems http://stjtelegraph.org/wp-co​ntent/uploads/2010/06/stjtele​graph21-22_page-7.pdf Upper left, Kelly H.

Corruption SD
2:44 PM Nov 12

Share | Flag

By the way you and Jon have posted the same thing -- it's useless and boring.

Corruption SD
2:43 PM Nov 12

Share | Flag

Still can't answer the question, what does "we'll" mean? It sounds like you sick itten are mentally ill -- so you think the SD ME is mentally ill for ruling Max's death an accident? Please see your dept. shrink or your SDSO pert unit asap -- you are a danger to yourself and others. Get helps and take your meds asap.

Sick Itten
2:17 PM Nov 12

+2
Share | Flag

Click on the cbs8.com tab right underneath the KFMB logo at the top of the page for a new Zahau forum to spam/post on. You know who are already there.~ Look, I'm not interested in this case in that way. My concern is concentrated on compassion for Dina Romano Shacknai & Adam Shacknai who are innocent bystanders who have suffered irreversible trauma. I want the Shacknais & Romanos to know that the deluded souls who are twisting this scenario around for their own issues are mentally ill & are spending every waking moment glorifying a sick, self-centered MONSTER as some kind of martyr. When the search warrants of Max's injury was released, sane, logical people were able to connect the dots as to why Rebecca Zahau committed suicide. Only the few (no more than 5) logically challenged sick people are trying to present this case as a murder, implicating innocent VICTIMS. ⚐

Sick Itten
1:55 PM Nov 12

+1
Share | Flag

Hey Nina, did you get a load of this other Wordpress site? Yeah, seems the jerkstain took my advice about starting their own FREE site on Google Blogspot & Wordpress from my comments @ Coronado Patch. Seems someone here has been violated/abused by SD area LE & is waging a campaign to flame them. Understandable about corrupt LE. I've been a victim myself of crazy cops who were attracted to me & of course they had harassed others in the same way. If they've done it to you it means they've done it to others & you can use that to nail them. Please take your issue up w/an advocate group & not use this case as your vehicle. http://rebeccazahaumurder.wor​dpress.com/dr-phil/

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths

Now the family of Maxs mother is blaming Rebecca Zahau for Maxs death... listen to audio at link... in her own words... yeh.. she sounds like a lying fucking bitch.

Last edited:
What murderer is going to make a death look like a suicide BUT in such a way that it seems almost a physical impossibility - despite documented similar (although rare) cases of suicide? It would have been so much simpler to just conk her on the head, string her up unbound, and toss her off the balcony. Why add in a million things that would only raise questions?

Because they only watched CSI and didnt read DD and didnt know how to do it correctly? Who knows and I doubt anyone ever will... When secrets are kept and only half the info is released by LE, people get suspicious, I dont know what happened to Rebecca Zahau, but now that the mother and aunt of Max are accusing her of killing him, it looks even worse, why didnt they accuse her at first? Why now? I dont quite buy the suicide story myself but I cant do anything about it but bitch and complain...

We go off what we read on the news, the point is that the news makes shit up, gives misinformation and gets things wrong all the time, you believe one thing then later on find out it was all wrong.

Last edited:

POLICE DISPATCH: 911 emergency. What are you reporting?
ADAM SHACKNAI: I got a girl… hung herself.
POLICE DISPATCH: Is she alive?
ADAM SHACKNAI: Are you alive? I don't think so.

this is SO bizarre. WTF was Adam smoking before he made the call?

New mansion mystery death details from mother of Max Shacknai, boy who died at Coronado home

The mother of Max Shacknai, the boy who died after a fall in a Coronado mansion last year, shares her story in the August issue of "Phoenix Magazine."
“My first wish is to have him back,â€￾ Dina Shacknai told the magazine. “My second wish is to have [Rebecca Zahau] back… to ask her what happened."
Police said 6-year-old Max Shacknai fell down the main staircase of the home last July in what appeared to be a tragic accident.
Max is the son of Jonah Shacknai, a Scottsdale businessman.
Two days after Max’s fall, Jonah’s girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, took her own life, according to investigators.
Zahau was babysitting Max when the child fell. Zahau’s family insists she was murdered, but detectives refute such claims.
Dina believes there’s more to Max’s death, too.
“It’s still my job to find out what really happened to him. Isn’t it?â€￾ she said.
Craig Outhier, the writer, details how the Paradise Valley mother dressed her son in his favorite soccer uniform one last time before he passed away.
“She pulled the shorts over his legs, tied his cleats and used some gel to style his hair in the fauxhawk, he liked so much. She fell asleep next to him, and in the morning, for one dreamlike split-second, she forgot he’d ever been hurt," he wrote.
Dina also reveals to the magazine that she and Jonah agreed on certain rules for Rebecca regarding Max. She tells the Outhier that Rebecca was not allowed to attend school functions, not allowed to take Max across state lines, and not allowed to babysit him alone while other Zahau family members were present.
The August issue of “Phoenix Magazineâ€￾ hits newsstands on July 19.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...i-boy-who-died-at-coronado-home#ixzz20XqrAfma

Families speak out on anniversary of Coronado mansion deaths

One year ago the naked, bound and gagged body of Rebecca Zahau was reported to be found hanging from a balcony at the Spreckels mansion in Coronado.

Her death was ruled a suicide but her family tells News 8 they are not giving up in their efforts to get the case reopened.

"First of all, I want to thank the San Diego community for all their support and for believing Becky did not commit suicide," said Zahau's sister from her home in Missouri.

Mary Zahau spent the anniversary of her sister's death visiting her grave, remembering her laughter, and wondering if a murder investigation will ever be reopened.

"My sister died and she didn't just die, somebody took her life away," said Zahau.

During an interview via Skype aired Friday, Mary Zahau offered a plea to the California Attorney General as the office considers the family's request to launch a new investigation.

"Give it a chance with an open mind. I want them to give it a chance because I don't think my sister's case was ever investigated properly," Zahau said.

Sheriff investigators concluded Rebecca Zahau, 32, committed suicide by hanging at the mansion two days after her boyfriend's son fell off the top of the staircase. Six-year-old Max Shacknai later died from his injuries.

In an interview with Phoenix Magazine, the boy's mother, Dina Shacknai, talked for the first time about her suspicion of Rebecca Zahau and the story Zahau told police about how Max fell.

Dina Shacknai wants Max's case reopened as well.

"It's been really hard to be quiet and say nothing," Shacknai told the magazine. "It's still my job to find out what really happened to him."

Meanwhile, attorneys for the Zahau family said their own investigation showed Rebecca Zahau's death was murder.

"There was evidence of a struggle. There was blood on the body. There was a bruise on the body and a chair was overturned," said family attorney Marty Rudoy.

Rudoy told News 8 that the San Diego County Sheriff still has not returned some of Zahau's personal belongs to the family, like her camera, computer or cell phone. He said the Sheriff did make the cell phone available for an independent forensic inspection by an expert hired by the family. That forensic report still is not complete, Rudoy said.

The Coronado mansion currently is undergoing a massive remodel, which includes a new swimming pool dug into the backyard where Zahau's body was found.

The mansion's owner, Arizona millionaire Jonah Shacknai, 55, purchased a beachside vacation home last October in Del Mar for $3.3 million under the company Seafare Holdings LLC, according to real estate records.

Mary Zahau remains painfully aware what both families are going through.

"I can't imagine what they go through either," Zahau said. "Everybody goes through pain and losses in a different way, so I hope they find peace in some way also."

Monday morning in Phoenix, Dina Shacknai will hold a news conference to announce the formation of a foundation in Max's name called Maxie's House.

The organization will push to require a "safety plan" for children of divorced parents.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19024331/coronado

Update: Shacknai Boy's Mother Questions Circumstances of His Death
Dina Shacknai calls for meeting with Coronado police, who determined the boy died as a result of an accident at Spreckels mansion one year ago. Police Chief Louis Scanlon said the department will oblige.

Coronado police Chief Louis Scanlon said his department will meet with representatives of the mother of the child who died following injuries he suffered at the Spreckels mansion one year ago.

Dina Shacknai and her attorney said Monday that she does not believe the explanation police provided about how her son sustained a head injury that contributed to his death on July 16, 2011. Three days before Max's loss, a woman's body was found at the mansion in a suspicious case that was later determined to be a suicide.

Shacknai and other supporters held a news conference in Phoenix Monday to raise questions about how Max Shacknai, 6, died, and announce the creation of a second foundation in his memory. Spreckels homeowner Jonah Shacknai, the boy's father, launched a separate effort last month.

Scanlon said the department received a fax from Dina Shacknai's attorney Monday morning formally requesting the meeting, explaining that experts retained by the family had drawn new conclusions regarding Max's death.

“We have certainly been open with them and shared information. We will obviously meet with them again and listen to the information they provide, evaluate that information and proceed from there,â€￾ Scanlon said.

Shacknai's attorney, Angela Hallier, did not offer specifics of her concerns in the message, the chief said, nor did she do so during the 20-minute news conference.

“We are certain that the accident scenario put forth by the Coronado Police Department is inaccurate,â€￾ Hallier said.

The experts hired by Dina Shacknai include a biomechanics engineer and a forensic pathologist, Hallier said.

A complete video of the news conference is available on KPHO.com, a CBS affiliate.

Dina Shacknai also discussed establishing a foundation, Maxie's HOUSE, in her son's name. The organization would aid parents dealing with the complexities of divorce and blended families.

The psychologist, Jonah Shacknai's ex-wife, spoke from a podium where a child's handcrafted house had been placed. Max created it for her as one of his last Mother's Day gifts.

Maxie's HOUSE – which stands for Hope, Outreach, Understanding, Safety and Education – to serve as a resource for parents, “assuring the safety of children living in multiple households.â€￾

Hallier suggested the organization's efforts would include lobbying for law changes to help parents who are no longer involved find out more information about new people who have entered their ex-partners' lives and might have an impact on their children.

“It is still my job to find out exactly what happened to him and to continue this until I find an answer,â€￾ Dina Shacknai said.

Max, 6, died following a July 11 fall at the oceanfront mansion, where Jonah Shacknai, who founded Medicis, an Arizona pharmaceuticals firm, spent his summers.

Two days later, the man's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, 32, was found dead in a rear courtyard on the property. She was nude and bound; the homeowner's brother said he found her hanging from a second-story balcony.

Zahau was home when Max fell, along with her younger sister.

Coronado police investigated the boy's death, while the San Diego County Sheriff's Department conducted the probe into Zahau's death. Max's death was determined to have been an accident, while Zahau's was deemed a suicide.

Zahau's family rejects that finding and has pushed since last year for a new investigation into her death. The state Attorney General's Office is reviewing a formal request by attorneys who represent her loved ones.

One of their lawyers, Anne Bremner, said there is no evidence to suggest that Zahau was involved in Max's death. She has maintained that both cases should be re-opened.

“Everyone's heart goes out to her that she wants to know what happened,â€￾ Bremner said of Dina Shacknai. “We're all saying same thing, that there needs to be further investigation all around.â€￾

Earlier this year, Dina Shacknai sued San Diego County to obtain photos from her son's autopsy; the court granted her request in April. Jonah Shacknai expressed satisfaction with both investigations in September, when the Sheriff's department and Coronado police announced their results at a joint news conference on the eve of Labor Day weekend.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...questions-his-cause-of-death-zahau-jonah-dina

New Claims Rebecca Zahau Murdered Jonah Shacknai's Son Are 'Preposterous,' Says Zahau's Sister

It has been one year since Max Shacknai, the six year old son of multi-millionaire, Jonah Shacknai was found dead at the base of the stairs of his father's Coronado mansion, and several days later the pharmaceutical executive's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, was discovered naked and hanging from a balcony.

Jonah's ex-wife, Dina, mother of Max, has broken her silence and turned over medical evidence to the Coronado Police Department claiming her son was murdered and pointing the finger of blame at Rebecca — an allegation her sister, Mary Zahau, vehemently denies, telling RadarOnline.com exclusively that "the thought that Rebecca would cause Max harm is preposterous."

PHOTOS: Rebecca Zahau And Her Sister Snowem Horwath

"We believe the homicide conclusions are unsupported. From our own personal observations of Rebecca with Max we saw nothing but a close, loving relationship between the two," Mary Zahau tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

"Rebecca loved Max as if he was her own son. While our family shares the grief over Max's death, the thought that Rebecca would cause Max harm is preposterous. The California Attorney General is presently reviewing the file at our request. We urge the public and the media to wait for facts and to not be distracted by shiny press releases sent by public relations firms touting paid experts' speculation. We also urge those who caused Rebecca harm to turn themselves in to law enforcement. Only then can both families begin the healing process."

PHOTOS: Celebrities Who Died In Bizarre Circumstances

As previously reported, Jonah Shacknai was dating Rebecca Zahau, who was found nude and hanging from a balcony at the Medicis CEO's mansion in Coronado, a wealthy suburb of San Diego, just two days after young Max Shacknai was found unconscious at his father's house. Max later died from his injuries. The San Diego Medical Examiner determined that Max's death was accidental, and the San Diego Sheriff's Department concluded that Rebecca's death was a suicide, something her family vehemently disputes.

Dina Shacknai hired two medical experts to review her son's autopsy results and they concluded her son was allegedly assaulted and forced over the balcony inside her ex-husband's mansion. "I can't imagine anyone in the world wanting to harm Maxie," Shacknai told FoxNews.com "He was the most sweet, loving and gentle boy."

PHOTOS: Celebs Who Died Young

Rebecca Zahau was taking care of Max on July 11, 2011, at her boyfriend's house, who wasn't home at the time. Rebecca's 13-year-old sister was the only other person in the house at the time of Max's accident. Max's body was found in the entry way of the Spreckles Mansion, which Jonah has since sold, with broken pieces of a chandelier next to him.

Dr. Judy Melinek, one of the forensic experts hired by Dina, told FoxNews.com, "I do not disagree with the coroner's determination that the cause of death was due to blunt force trauma. What I did disagree with was the manner of death, which I believe was a homicide."

PHOTOS: Celebrities We Lost In 2011

Dina Shacknai will be featured on Dr. Drew Pinsky's show on HLN Tuesday night at 6 p.m. PST - 9 p.m. EST.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ter-claims-murdered-max-shacknai-preposterous

The mother of a 6-year-old boy who died in 2011 after an injury at a Coronado mansion is set to ask the City Council on Tuesday to order the police to reopen their investigation into the death.

Coronado police and the San Diego County medical examiner have ruled that Max Shacknai’s death was an accident from injuries suffered when he fell at the oceanfront mansion where he lived with his father and his father’s girlfriend.

But the boy’s mother, divorced from the boy’s father, has said that independent investigators have thrown doubt on that conclusion by suggesting the boy’s injuries appeared to be from an assault, not an accidental fall.

Dina Shacknai is set to ask the council at Tuesday’s meeting to order the police to reopen the case.

Police, however, have already reviewed the information provided by Shacknai and declared that it does not merit reopening the case.

“We feel there was insufficient information that would compel us to change the manner of death or conduct additional investigation at this time,â€￾ Coronado Police Cmdr. Mike Lawton said in a statement posted on the city's website.

Dina Shacknai has carried her campaign for a renewed investigation through a website, news interviews, and an appearance on the "Dr. Phil" TV show.

On her website, she wrote that, “sadly, the law enforcement conclusions regarding Maxie’s death seem to have been virtually predetermined and perhaps even ‘politically expedient.’â€￾

Max Shacknai died July 16, 2011, in the intensive care unit at Rady Children’s Hospital, five days after his injuries. He lived at the historic Spreckels mansion with his father, pharmaceutical executive Jonah Shacknai, and his father’s girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau.

On July 13, 2011, Zahau’s nude body was found hanging from an outdoor balcony. San Diego County Sheriff’s Department and the medical examiner declared the death to be a suicide. Zahau's family has said they do not believe she committed suicide.

Jonah Shacknai has sold the Coronado mansion and returned to his home in Scottsdale, Ariz. Dina Shacknai lives in Paradise Valley, Ariz.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/09/coronado-mansion-death-shacknai.html

I don't know how this poor woman can go on after losing such a small child like that.

I don't have any idea what happened to either one of them, just that what happened to both of them are just the strangest set of circumstances and for weird stuff to have happened to both only days apart is just too much to believe that his is accidental and her's was suicide.

I don't have any idea what happened to either one of them, just that what happened to both of them are just the strangest set of circumstances and for weird stuff to have happened to both only days apart is just too much to believe that his is accidental and her's was suicide.
I have no idea either but can see how an accidental death to a child under your watch could drive one to suicide. I don't find falling while skateboarding and tumbling over a railing that "weird"... seems to be a pretty obvious thing that could happen if someone wasn't watching the kid. How she chose to express her grief certainly raises questions but nothing points to anyone else but her hand in the outcome. Without proof, suspicions are just suspicions.

Maybe because I'm not double jointed or a contortionist circus freak, but I can't understand how she could get herself tied up like that all by herself, I have seen some of those reenactments showing how she supposedly did it but I still don't see it happening with a real live person, she must have been damned determined to make it as unfathomable as possible.

What happened to little Maxie is not as strange but still a little on the far fetched side because even in their reenactments there is still some of it that is still unexplainable, because they have surmised how he fell down the stairs and landed where he did but it's still not exactly straightfoward.

Tho in the end I suppose it could all have happened as they say, but it still looks strange to me, tho I can't think of any reason why anything weird and unexplainable should have happened to Max, so it's probably just a weird looking accident as they said, Rebecca on the other hand, what happened to her is still strange no matter how they explain it.

Back