• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

McVain

The New York Post is reporting this morning that Microsoft has once again contacted Yahoo! about possibly negotiating a takeover.

This comes about 1 month after Google acquired DoubleClick. It appears that Microsoft feels they need this acquisition in order to compete with Google, who has beat Microsoft to deals time and time again over last few years. Google currently possesses 65% of the search advertising market but this deal would bring Microsoft/Yahoo to a combined 27% and would also bring them to within 13% of overall online ads.

I think this might be the only real way for anyone to compete with Google. And with Google creating a direct competitor to Microsoft Office, this would be in Microsoft's best interest. Not to mention that Yahoo has quite a few online products that Microsoft could implement in some fashion to Windows, Zune, Xbox and any other medium they enter. The stock market seems to be taking this news very seriously as well and Yahoo's stock has risen nearly 18% as of 12pm eastern time.

A price tag has been put on Yahoo! at almost $50 billion dollars.

I hope they get the acquisition. It'll keep competition relatively high and likely come out good for the consumers.

I don't see this happening but I would like to see the deal get done. Google, which is a company I have many services through, is getting too dominant. Also, being a 360 owner, I'd like to see what they could bring my way because of the deal as well.

Competition is a much needed thing.

I don't see this happening but I would like to see the deal get done. Google, which is a company I have many services through, is getting too dominant. Also, being a 360 owner, I'd like to see what they could bring my way because of the deal as well.

Competition is a much needed thing.

I agree, and how fucking crazy is it that we think Microsoft and Yahoo need to merger because of the monopolistic threat of SOMEONE ELSE!? :confused:

Goes to show how far and how fast Google has gone.

Back