• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Capture.PNG

Police in Michigan stopped a black man for almost 20 minutes and asked for his ID after a white woman reported that he was “looking at her suspiciously,” according to reports.

Devin Myers was stopped by cops in Royal Oak on Tuesday evening because the woman said he was “just staring at me” and “it’s … making me feel not very comfortable at all,” according to the Detroit News, which cited a 911 recording.

The woman said she had just left the Inn Season Café when the man “came up right behind me as I was getting into my vehicle.”

According to dash cam audio released by police, a cop pulled up near the woman’s vehicle and asked her to point out the man who spooked her.

After being stopped, Myers called the situation “ridiculous” and denied harassing the woman, but the officer told him he was “prolonging” the matter by not cooperating.

“But I didn’t commit a crime,” Myers insisted, according to the recording.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/16/michigan-cops-stop-black-man-for-looking-at-white-woman-suspiciously/

Even if he did stare at her, how is that a crime? This is absurd. Stalkers can harass their victims for months or years, and the police usually do nothing. This woman claims a man merely looked at her, and police stop him. What is this world coming to?

Another thing comes to mind though, besides she's a dumbass and probably racist, is I believe the cops had little choice, but to make that field interview. Can you imagine the shit if the cops did not respond and he was a violent stalker, who then attacked her? Its not unheard of.

She was sitting in her car. What stopped her from just driving away? If someone makes you feel that uncomfortable then the first step is to remove yourself from the situation.
Exactly, once inside her vehicle she held the upper hand. It's not like he was in the driveway of her home. Effing take your uncomfortable ass away from the source of your discomfort.
Post automatically merged:

Another thing comes to mind though, besides she's a dumbass and probably racist, is I believe the cops had little choice, but to make that field interview. Can you imagine the shit if the cops did not respond and he was a violent stalker, who then attacked her? Its not unheard of.
As far as I'm concerned, the onus should be on her, not the cops. "A black man looked at me funny" ffs, what century is this? Drive away !

Last edited:
I bet she is mentally ill. Maybe the poor guy was staring. It's hard not to stare at crazy people.

But if he had cooperated police would have let him go soon enough. Once they respond they have to resolve it and refusing to cooperate makes one suspicious. If police had walked away without establishing the man's harmlessness, and something bad happened, this thread would be about police negligence and failure to protect.

My brother once got himself and his schizo g.f. dragged into the police department because police were looking for a homeless woman on a bank robbing spree. The g.f. had a decent home and bathed regularly but still looked like she lived under a bridge. Although he was a hard working guy (at that time) my brother also looked grubby & disreputable. Anyway, police just wanted to establish that the gf was a local resident, but my brother told her not to answer any questions because she didn't do anything. They ended up in the police station for 2 hours arguing.
He was in high dudgeon about it. He thought I'd be sympathetic to his fight against The Man, but I told him he was an idiot and deserved it. Without him bossing her around, the gf would have cooperated on her own. Most of all, they thoroughly enjoyed the indignation and the drama.

Once a complaint is made police have to check it out
The real issues always begin with lack of cooperation. If you refuse to cooperate with cops whatever happens you brought on your dumb ass self. How many times have we read about the tiniest incident becoming a huge quagmire because someone decided not to cooperate the simplest request from a cop

She could just be nuts and the cops did their job
The idiot overreacted and didn’t cooperate
What part of cooperation and no issues do some Idiots not understand
Racist, racist, racist so fucken overused by some it no longer means shit
“This officer will be provided with remedial training to address the issue,” he said, adding that the officer has acknowledged making a mistake.

Once a complaint is made police have to check it out
The real issues always begin with lack of cooperation. If you refuse to cooperate with cops whatever happens you brought on your dumb ass self. How many times have we read about the tiniest incident becoming a huge quagmire because someone decided not to cooperate the simplest request from a cop

According to the police chief, Myers was acting well within his rights, and the responding officer was being unreasonable.

Police Chief Corrigan O’Donohue later apologized for the incident involving Probationary Officer Michael Pilcher, saying he had no right to request Myers’ ID.

“What should have been a very short encounter was extended when the officer involved insisted on getting Mr. Myers’ identification,” the chief said in a statement.

Pilcher should simply have advised Myers why cops responded and allowed him to leave, O’Donohue said.

“This officer will be provided with remedial training to address the issue,” he said, adding that the officer has acknowledged making a mistake.

According to the police chief, Myers was acting well within his rights, and the responding officer was being unreasonable.
Seems the police chief is bending over backwards so the loonies don’t call him a RACIST!!!
Seems pretty ridiculous that a cop questioning someone can’t ask for ID and ridiculous to refuse such a simple request, knowing it can only escalate the situation

Seems the police chief is bending over backwards so the loonies don’t call him a RACIST!!!
Seems pretty ridiculous that a cop questioning someone can’t ask for ID and ridiculous to refuse such a simple request, knowing it can only escalate the situation
Except that the police chief is simply following Michigan law.

Michigan also does not have a stop and ID law, meaning that the officer cannot stop someone and demand identification without reasonable suspicion for a crime.

No. Just the black ones. :penguin:
As far as the cops are concerned your statement is way out of order, they would’ve responded no matter who she complained about, even if it was a white women
Post automatically merged:

Except that the police chief is simply following Michigan law.

Well color me ignorant, I thought asking ID would’ve been a normal thing to do :banghead:

Last edited:
Back