• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
The Texas man who was arrested Tuesday in the death of his infant daughter, whom he had allegedly left in a hot car for about four hours, then placed her in his refrigerator and attempted to perform CPR before officials arrived to declare the child dead, according to court documents.

Deputies were alerted at about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday that a 6-month-old infant was unresponsive at a home in Melissa, which is roughly 40 miles north of Dallas, according to the Collin County Sheriff's Office.

The father, Michael Thedford, told police he had returned home with the child in the back seat of the family's 2016 Honda Odyssey around 9 a.m. Tuesday morning after dropping off his other two children, ages 5 and 3, at day care, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Thedford had forgotten about the baby and went inside to sleep, he told police.

Thedford, 33, awoke about four hours later, around 1 p.m., and realized he had left the child in the car and found her unresponsive when he removed her from the car seat, court documents stated. He then brought the 6-month-old into the house and placed her into the refrigerator for an undisclosed amount of time before calling 911, according to the affidavit.

Prior to first responders’ arriving to the home, Thedford placed the child on the kitchen floor and attempted to administer CPR on her, the affidavit says. The child was on the kitchen floor when police arrived, and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Thedford was arrested and charged with manslaughter after he was questioned by authorities. Prior to questioning, Thedford was informed that he was not under arrest, to which he allegedly responded something to the effect of, "That's going to change," according to the affidavit.

He was released on $20,000 bond Tuesday, and it’s unclear whether Medford has obtained a lawyer or entered a plea.

Thedford informed police that he is an unemployed high school teacher and that his wife of 12 years works as a veterinarian in Plano, Texas. He told police that the day started with his 3-year-old daughter’s waking him up after 7 a.m. Tuesday, at which point he began getting the children dressed for day care, the affidavit stated. His wife had already left for work, and Thedford did not plan to take the 6-month-old to day care because she had been running a fever, according to the affidavit.

The baby was seated in the middle row of the car on the passenger side. She was dressed in long sleeves and footed pajama bottoms in order to sweat out the fever, the affidavit stated.

[…]
The cause of the child's death is under investigation. The Collin County Medical Examiner's office did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.
LINK

This dude needs to understand that a baby is not like a Popsicle. You can't put it the freezer and everything will be okay. Fucking moron

He panicked knowing he fucked up...and was trying to cool her down as quickly as possible in the attempt to bring her back. He will most likely face some charges. I don't believe this was intentional...but it was neglect. I feel for his wife and the child's siblings as well as extended family. My heart goes out to them. You don't dress infants in long sleeves and footie pajamas to sweat out a fever. This method can actually cause the fever to go higher. The responsible thing to do is to give them Ibuprofen or some similar fever reducing age appropriate remedy and a lukewarm/tepid bath to bring down the fever.
[doublepost=1466635311,1466634633][/doublepost]Another thought...this guy is an unemployed teacher...and he can't get up off his dead ass and watch his three kids despite their financial difficulties and/or his lack of employment...takes them to day care and comes home to go back to bed and sleep half the day away. That's some father. Certainly not father of the year in my book.

The responsible thing to do is to give them Ibuprofen or some similar fever reducing age appropriate remedy and a lukewarm/tepid bath to bring down the fever.

I had a fever when i was a little girl and it would not break...my mom was giving me the

cool baths, proteins (soft boiled eggs) and salt...so dissolved oxo cubes, not too hot so I could

drink it. Nothing was working, at her wits end she took me to the doctor.

He told her to take me home and give me a regular bath...not tepid...not cool.

She did....my measles came out. All that cool water was making them hide.

He then brought the 6-month-old into the house and placed her into the refrigerator for an undisclosed amount of time before calling 911, according to the affidavit.

Sure, sure, because that's what you do when you've murdered your baby and want to try to cover it up and you're a murdering stupid fuckwad.

Yeah, the cool/tepid bath thing is strongly discouraged now days.
Even if it wasn't, I still wouldn'tdo it. I remember that shit being done to me as a child, probably around 3 or 4, and in my little brain it just translated to my parents torturing me when I already felt like shit.

I think he realised that by the time her core temperature dropped to a reasonable level she'd be in full rigor.

On the other hand, he may have been so distraught as to irrationally hope the baby would wake up in the cold.

If you are unemployed why are you wasting money on daycare when you are their father. But no... you couldn't even do the one simple task you were assigned.

Another thought...this guy is an unemployed teacher...and he can't get up off his dead ass and watch his three kids despite their financial difficulties and/or his lack of employment...takes them to day care and comes home to go back to bed and sleep half the day away. That's some father. Certainly not father of the year in my book.

~ @mybum62 ~ That was my question too. Why was he taking these kids off to day care when his unemployed butt was at home.

Last edited:
If the child had a fever how in the hell do you forget them? I am not a perfect parent and sometimes I truly feel for parents who make a momentary mistake that costs them the life of their child, but this one has me puzzled. If the kid has a fever you watch them like crazy to make sure they are getting better, that they aren't getting sicker. You check on them a million times. You give medicine and fluids and keep them cool. You don't dress them in long clothes to get hotter and a teacher would HAVE to know that, as would a veterinarian. I hope this isn't another case of a child being killed by a parent who figures they could "accidentally" kill the child without consequences like that father a while ago.

If you are unemployed why are you wasting money on daycare when you are their father. But no... you couldn't even do the one simple task you were assigned.
Hell...my ex husband on fabricated workman's comp for 2 months, thought he was due it because I just had summer off as I work in the school system. Just to mention he GOT a teaching degree but decided not to use it..went to work at the VA as a veteran's service rep. Giving advice on how to claim disability. They hated his slack ass and basically fired him and......he's now on crazy fabricated 100% disability for PTSD as a vet..I get PTSD..but his story is shit. He was never IN Iraq. He's friends with his Dr. But I digress....

Anyway...his only job was to pick our daughter UP from daycare so I could come straight home after work. He did it twice. He sees her now but always always tries to cut their visits short. When he dropped her off Saturday, he didn't even pull into the driveway. Just dumped my 9 year old on the street with her bag. Luckily her amazing stepfather saw her and went out to help while dicknose sped off in his new WRX Sti (to his new home with his new $23000 motorcycle but cuts my child support $50 short each month and only carries bare bones insurance on her) and yet...my daughter thinks her bio dad hung the moon.

Oh wait..this isn't my personal rant thread at all! :D :fish:My mistake! Carry on!

Last edited:
A North Texas father and former teacher in the Celina Independent School District is free on bond. Michael Shannon Thedford was arrested after his 6-month-old daughter died after being left in a hot car yesterday."

Father told investigators he dropped off his three and 5-year-old children at a daycare center, while his wife was at work. He then went home and went to sleep, forgetting his 6-month-old daughter was dying in the back of the family mini van!

Thedford said when he went outside and found the baby not moving, he immediately took her indoors and put her in the REFRIGERATOR! Yes, he really is this stupid! He then called his wife THEN 911, and began CPR.

When paramedics got to the home outside Melissa, deputies say the child was unresponsive. Temperatures were in the mid 90’s by afternoon.

Across the street, a neighbor watched in horror as the adults discovered the child. Fabiola Contreras said Thedford and the child’s mother were in tears and that the events are just hard to believe.
“Forgetting a child? His child? It’s hard to believe, because how can you forget a child in your own car? It’s your child.”

Investigators are expected to spend today following up on what happened leading up to the baby being left in the car. Before being taken to jail yesterday, neighbors say investigators appeared to make Thedford reenact what happened with a doll.

He is being described as being a "hands on" father.

I have not been able to find out how long he was sleeping in the house until he woke up and remembered he left his 6 month old little baby in the van?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/06/22/father-out-of-jail-after-baby-daughter-dies-in-hot-car/

According to a probable cause affidavit obtained by KDFW, Thedford went into the house and had a nap, not waking up until at least three hours later.o_O

After discovering the baby still in the car, he had the brilliant idea to 'put the girl in the refrigerator for an undetermined length of time', before calling 911, according to the arrest affidavit. :banghead:

He has been charged with Manslaughter.

My heart goes out to this family, to experience this kind of loss over something so avoidable is unfathomable. He is being charged with Manslaughter and not a lesser charge, so that makes me thing the investigation found some pretty compelling evidence that he was grossly negligent.

After all these deaths, I think this week already 3 in hot cars, there are so many preventative measures parents can take. This is no longer a sad unfortunate accident. It is now 100% negligent and there is no reason for the number of deaths to keep escalating.

Which search function did you use? I always use the one under "general forum rules", it rarely lets me down, (if I have a name) but I can't get nothing out of the one at the top of the page.

Tremendously unfortunate that the safest location for child safety seats is the back seat, out of sight, out of mind.

A Texas father's trial is now underway after he was charged in the death of his baby daughter who was left in a hot car and then allegedly put in the freezer before 911 was called.

Michael Thedford, 35, faced Collins County court on Tuesday for the first day of his trial following his six-month-old daughter Fern's death in June 2016.

Prosecutors argued that Thedford, who was charged with manslaughter and other charges, was responsible for Fern's death and that he lied and tried to cover it up, Dallas Morning News reports.

He is facing up to 20 years in prison.

Thedford's defense attorney, Bruce Anton, argued that the father had simply forgot Fern was in the car and that it wasn't a crime.

'It's a tragic event. It's a tragic consequence,' Anton said.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...trial-starts-charged-babys-hot-car-death.html
4E5A7B2800000578-5964427-image-m-11_1531866495682.jpg

Tragic accident ... unemployed ? but needed to rush right home after dropping the kids at day care and go back to bed.

Fuck off loser ... I get up at five everyday ... I don't see my bed again until eleven.

Tragic accident ... unemployed ? but needed to rush right home after dropping the kids at day care and go back to bed
Fuck off loser ... I get up at five everyday ... I don't see my bed again until eleven.
Actually it was school not daycare. Your sentiment still applies. His job was childcare and he shirked because he was tired then panicked spectacularly.
I'd like to see his computer activity the night before.
Are the parents still married?
Thedford's defense attorney, Bruce Anton, argued that the father had simply forgot Fern was in the car and that it wasn't a crime.
Not even involuntary manslaughter?

Last edited:
A parent who has nothing to hide calls 911 the instant they discover their child in distress- Or perhaps stands outside screaming for help if they’re too panicked to dial the phone!

But this guy quietly brought his baby into the privacy of his house, then performs his own version of CPR & finally places his dying baby in the fridge/freezer ‘for a length of time’ - to do all that BEFORE calling for help makes this guy look guilty or at least like he’s covering something up!

Back