• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mom of 4

Trusted Member
zojrch.jpg

HAMILTON — A registered sex offender has been arrested after trying to lure an 11-year-old girl into his vehicle, according to Hamilton police.

Michael Harold Riffel, 55, of the 1500 block of Cleveland Avenue, was arrested Sunday, June 22, and charged with criminal child enticement, according to police records.

Police said Riffel was driving his truck on South 12th Street when he approached an 11-year-old girl stating, "Get into my car or I'll hurt you."

Riffel is a "Tier III" sex offender, meaning that he must register his address and place of employment with police every 90 days for the rest of his life.

Riffel was released from prison in August 2006 after serving more than 20 years for violating parole on a rape conviction, according to the Ohio Department of Corrections. Riffel was convicted of raping a female victim in 1980, then violated conditions of his parole in 1983 by committing gross sexual imposition, according to ODC records.

In February, Riffel failed to notify the Butler County Sheriff's Office of a change of address, according to court records.

Riffel is being held in the Butler County Jail on $15,041 bond. He is scheduled to appear for a preliminary hearing Friday, June 27, in Hamilton Municipal Court.

http://www.western-star.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/06/23/hjn062408riffel.html

Is Tier 3 a nice way of saying he is a Level 3 sex offender? Level 3 being a "potential high risk to the community and are a threat to re-offend if provided the opportunity." They better put this guy away for good. Bah...

Is Tier 3 a nice way of saying he is a Level 3 sex offender? Level 3 being a "potential high risk to the community and are a threat to re-offend if provided the opportunity." They better put this guy away for good. Bah...
Sounds like the same thing. Could be just terminology differences.

Sick Fuck!! He needs to be put away for the rest of his life..as far as I am concerned he will continue the same old shit he has been doing for years if not.

Tier III - The most severe tier; those in this level have been convicted of crimes such as first- or second-degree rape, first-degree unlawful sexual contact, first- or second-degree unlawful sexual intercourse and unlawful sexual penetration and first- or second-degree kidnapping. Police are required to provide searchable records and community notification.

Tier III Sex Offender must register for the rest of his/her life or if no convictions after 15 years he may petition to be reduced to a Tier II.

I agree Absynthe...
:( why do they even bother with a chance for him to keep doing it?

~ceisdsgil

I have an idea for what to do with these bastards if they do manage to get released. How about chemical castration so that their dicks won't work. Then to take care of whatever they may decide to with their hands in order to solve the issue of them getting their jollies that way, cut off their hands. Let them learn to live with stumps.

Back