• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/michael-page-vincelli-death-1.4240816
burnaby-death.jpg

[....]
Witnesses who were at the Starbucks near Hastings Street and Kensington Avenue when the incident happened told CBC News it started outside — over a cigarette butt tossed from a car.

"The woman tossed a cigarette out the window and he [Page-Vincelli] picked it up and he threw it back at her," said Michael Zimeras, who was one of the witnesses outside the coffee shop at the time.

The woman went inside a nearby bank and came out with a man, and the pair followed Page-Vincelli into Starbucks.

"Two minutes later they came out," said Zimeras.
[....]
According to witnesses inside the coffee shop, who declined to be identified, Page-Vincelli was punched and fell, hitting his head on the counter.

Burnaby RCMP were called to the scene, and found the victim "suffering injuries," according to the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team, which is now in charge of the case.

Page-Vincelli was taken to hospital, but died July 15.

"IHIT investigators are diligently pursuing leads and advancing the investigation," said Cpl. Meghan Foster in a statement.

"Investigators believe there are no concerns relating to public safety."

No charges have been laid in the young man's death, and officials are not identifying any of the people involved.

I would never pick up someone's cigarette butt for any reason. Icky.

I think there are exceptions to this ... like once I was crossing the street and this dude totally ignores the walk sign giving me the right of way and turned right almost running me over ... His back window was open, and you better believe I tossed my lit cigarette right into his back seat. Yes I did ... see me now asshole. I would bet my dog that he found it eventually and picked it up. I'm a spitter too ... like I'm a girl ... I can't spit worth a damn, but if I hawk a loogie toward your car and that phlegm ball makes contact ... it doesn't mean I'm rude ... it means your fucking car is too close to me.

Come on like no one took a plate number or the bank didn't know who the man was?
Security video?

They better have the guy in custody in less than a week unless he is now running.

These people, man and woman, are both morons and likely not much use to society. Yes, lock them up.

I still always feel a bit sad at the stories we see where it seems like one punch knocks someone down and somehow kills them. Yes, it's atrocious behavior and especially in stories like this one, where these imbeciles actually did probably more thinking and planning than they normally do for complex important tasks, decided to go into a Starbucks to punch a man for behaving "rudely" in reaction to their own rude action. Usually it always seems these stories are about some bar fight where one punch knocks the other down and they break their head on a block or sidewalk. Those evoke more sympathy from me towards the offender (though always, always, always I do feel the victim is a victim and deserves the respect and consideration overall).

It would have been best if this guy would have been punched, not died, and simply turned the man in on what is hopefully his third strike if that's still applicable anywhere, and finally we lose the danger that such morons present to the rest of society. As is, at least this is a case where it seems like the offender is just simply too stupid and dangerous to deserve being out so hopefully will be found and put away.

Uppity overpriced shit coffee joints like starbucks dont have working surveillance cameras? Shocking.

"The woman tossed a cigarette out the window and he [Page-Vincelli] picked it up and he threw it back at her," said Michael Zimeras, who was one of the witnesses outside the coffee shop at the time.

Wow what a fucking idiot. No sympathy for this fucktard. Idiot.

And that's not only cuz he wastes his money as some shit place like starbucks. Douche.

"A Canadian jury has found a man guilty of manslaughter for killing another man with a single punch in a Starbucks.

Lawrence Alvin Sharpe, 41, was convicted on Saturday in connection with the July 2017 death of Michael Page-Vincelli, 22, in Burnaby, British Columbia, a suburb of Vancouver.

The same jury acquitted Sharpe's girlfriend, 36-year-old Oldouz Pournouruz, of provoking the attack, after the court heard that she had goaded Sharpe to beat up Page-Vincelli after her own dispute with the man."

Back