• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"A 28-year-old father has been arrested after deputies said he tried to kill his 4-year-old daughter in Orange County.

Michael Dublin is facing facing charges of attempted first degree murder and aggravated child abuse.

They found a 4-year-old girl unresponsive. She was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital and is in stable condition."

Police have released bodycam footage showing the moment they arrested a father accused of trying to force his 4-year-old daughter to drink bleach. Police say he also tried to suffocate the child.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said Dublin pinned his daughter to the ground and tried to make her drink bleach from a water bottle. The suspect allegedly put flavoring in the bleach before trying to force her to drink it.

Bodycam footage released by the department shows Dublin calmly speaking to officers as they approach him, while people can be heard screaming in the background. When an officer asks Dublin what happened to a little girl who had stopped breathing, Dublin replies: "She good."

According to an affidavit seen by Fox 35, the officer noted Dublin "did not appear to have any remorse," and was more concerned about being arrested than what he was accused of doing to his daughter.

The bodycam footage also shows officers interviewing one of the suspect's young cousins.

"He [Dublin] put bleach and a flavor packet in there, he shake it up, and let her drink it. Put it in her mouth, she's holding it, he put a pillow over her head, and then started suffocating her, and then she swallowed it," the child said.

"I heard her screaming 'Help me! Help me!' We were in the backroom, and he said 'Get out of here! It's none of your business.'"

The family said they managed to pull the girl away from Dublin and perform CPR on her outside until she started breathing again.

The family said Dublin is bipolar and schizophrenic, according to WESH Orlando. Court records show that Dublin was previously committed to a mental health hospital, but his mother said he was off his medication for schizophrenia.

The family also believe the incident with the bleach was sparked by a conversation Dublin had with the girl's mother earlier that day. The child's mother told police that the pair had a phone call in which she told the 28-year-old that she did not want to get back together with him.

Dublin did not have custody of the girl at the time of the alleged attack.

For a time, Michael Dublin faced the charge of attempted first-degree murder, as well as aggravated child abuse.

Dublin was recorded on a body camera after allegations he tried to suffocate his 4-year-old daughter with a pillow in May of 2019.

At the time, there was also an allegation that Dublin forced her to drink bleach from a water bottle.
Dublin pleaded guilty to child abuse and the attempted murder was dropped.

The judge sentenced Dublin to seven years in the department of corrections and will get credit for nearly three years in jail. Once he's released, he'll spend 8 years on probation.
Once Dublin is released from prison, he is ordered to have no contact with the victim in this case, though at that point, he can come back to court and ask them to reconsider.

Any change would include input from the victim.

In court, the judge spoke with Dublin at length about his challenges with mental health and the medication he takes to stay regulated, something that played an important part in his plea agreement.

Let's hope he never gets another chance, because it sounds like no one is certain he won't do it again if he goes off his meds. I wonder why he was trying to kill her in the first place.

@Satanica

While not stated I do hope his paternal rights were terminated and no one in the family allows him around this child when he gets out.

Why he did - probably he was expected to do what a dad is suppose to do watch and take care of his children.

Back