• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Louisville man charged with beating young girl with studded belt
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- He's been the target of emergency protective orders in the past. Now Michael Shawn Draper stands accused of physically abusing a little girl.
For the second time in four days, the 28-year-old Draper has been charged by Metro Police. They allege he used a studded belt on a 5-year-old.
"Sunday, metro officers from the Third Division were called to the 7300 block of Garrison Road," said police spokesman Dwight Mitchell.
The officers were responding to a report of a man barricaded in his apartment in the Fairdale area.

Police said Draper tried to escape out a window. He was arrested on several charges, including unlawful imprisonment and assault.
"The child of his girlfriend apparently had been beaten by Michael Draper maybe Saturday," Mitchell said. "She sustained severe bruising up and down her legs and arm."
The arrest citation said the 5-year-old also suffered numerous other injuries.

According to court records, the child's mother, Brenda Stump, had taken out an emergency protective order against Draper in July, but it was withdrawn at her request a month later.
At least two other women had sought protective orders against Draper in the past.

The 5-year-old was taken to Kosair Children's Hospital. Child Protective Services then got involved.
"Our Crimes Against Children Unit was contacted and they added a charge of criminal abuse first," said Mitchell.
[...]
Court records indicate Draper has a previous conviction for sexual abuse.
http://www.wlky.com/news/25749036/detail.html
2larrs.jpg
Michael Shawn Draper​

According to court records, the child's mother, Brenda Stump, had taken out an emergency protective order against Draper in July, but it was withdrawn at her request a month later.

I will never understand this. She was scared enough to file this order, and then she just withdrew it like nothing. Only to have her baby pay the price.

I will never understand this. She was scared enough to file this order, and then she just withdrew it like nothing. Only to have her baby pay the price.

Here's the conversation at the court clerks office: "Oh, he said he'd never hurt me or my baby again. He loves me. I believe him. Everything will be fine now."

He looks retarded and ill deformed, probobly has an IQ of about 58, wonder what the mother is like, I bet I can guess some old fat ass "fitb" bitch, just grateful to have someone other than her uncle, daddy, or brother fucking her...

I know this is 4 years later, but I will always have my family's back. Some of the comments on here is crazy. None of you know what my sister went through. Nor, did you know that Michael Draper was a leader of a well known gang. Well, neither did my sister til it was too late. Nobody knew of Michael draper's background until all of that happen. My sister feared for her life it was either drop the restraining order or he was going to kill her and my niece. Everybody, always go off just what the news says. Through that experience opened all of our eyes.

My sister feared for her life it was either drop the restraining order or he was going to kill her and my niece.
Or maybe just leave the area for awhile? If he wasn't the father of the child then she would have been free to leave the area for awhile with the child, maybe go and stay with out of town family or friends. Or enter a DV shelter?

I'm just pointing out that she had other options.

I know this is 4 years later, but I will always have my family's back. Some of the comments on here is crazy. None of you know what my sister went through. Nor, did you know that Michael Draper was a leader of a well known gang. Well, neither did my sister til it was too late. Nobody knew of Michael draper's background until all of that happen. My sister feared for her life it was either drop the restraining order or he was going to kill her and my niece. Everybody, always go off just what the news says. Through that experience opened all of our eyes.
Is your sister still involved with him?

Everybody, always go off just what the news says...

It's all we have. Occasionally family/friends will come on with a better explanation of the story. I understand why your sister did it, the fear, etc....but many would still feel the protection order should have stayed as there were other options. I ALSO get that when you're scared you at times make bad decisions.
My only hope is your niece has healed & your sister is making stronger decisions.

I'm sorry, but kill me if you want to. I'll die protecting my child. Don't care who you are or what gang you're in, i'm not going to let you put hands on my child. I may be afraid of you, but i'll put my fear aside and find courage, because the love for my child is stronger than anything in this world.

I'm sorry, but kill me if you want to. I'll die protecting my child. Don't care who you are or what gang you're in, i'm not going to let you put hands on my child. I may be afraid of you, but i'll put my fear aside and find courage, because the love for my child is stronger than anything in this world.
I feel the same...But, what if you did fight to the death for your child, then what? Now hes in a rage and has your kid to deal with. I have always done what I do based on emotion, but if I thought first I would try to keep the peace until I had a safe way out.

Im not saying I would do any different than you because I would go in swinging. I am the mom who would die or go to jail to try to right some wrong to my kid. But then my kid would be alone.

Maybe she really did do what she thought she should do....I don't know Im feeling soft today.:shifty:

BAM! There it is. Beautifully spoken (typed ;)).

I feel the same...But, what if you did fight to the death for your child, then what? Now hes in a rage and has your kid to deal with. I have always done what I do based on emotion, but if I thought first I would try to keep the peace until I had a safe way out.

Im not saying I would do any different than you because I would go in swinging. I am the mom who would die or go to jail to try to right some wrong to my kid. But then my kid would be alone.

Maybe she really did do what she thought she should do....I don't know Im feeling soft today.:shifty:
That's just a chance i'll have to take. Ill have to wish the best for my kid. But atleast i died knowing i did everything i could to save him.

Please don't take it personally, most of us wish that there weren't stories like this to read, but until women like your sister stand up for their children, we will continue to read about them. Michael Draper is THE piece of shit in this story and we all realise that, but we also wonder how anyone in their right mind wouldn't take that baby and run by car, foot, bicycle, broomstick etc.

We are eternally more interested in hearing that the baby is ok, that she can't remember this shit stain and that she is not left permanently scarred or scared. We want to hear that she is excelling in school and won a permanent pass to Disney World to be paid for by this creep via his prison canteen funds. We do not want to hear that we should feel sorry for the mother who failed to protect her. As her Uncle, were you aware of this creeps predilection for corporal punishment?

Edit: Oh, that's right, you are because she was so scared for her life that she cancelled a protective order against him.

Last edited:
This little girl is your family too. Please watch her back from now on, and you'll not have to see us again.

This little girl is your family too. Please watch her back from now on, and you'll not have to see us again.
Sadly, I will never see her again she was adopted in foster care. I wish I had the chance to have her with me. That whole situation sucks. I wish my sister would've never got involved. The price was never seeing her first born child again til she is 18.

It's all we have. Occasionally family/friends will come on with a better explanation of the story. I understand why your sister did it, the fear, etc....but many would still feel the protection order should have stayed as there were other options. I ALSO get that when you're scared you at times make bad decisions.
My only hope is your niece has healed & your sister is making stronger decisions.
Look nobody understands or knows wat i went through i was in the hospital 22 times in 9months i messed up im paying for it now i dont have her in my life i went to counseling and everything
r: 2186"]Gosh. What a surprise.
Same asshole? Pfft. Why am I even asking.[/QUOTE]
Look u dont kno me or wat i went thr

Im not a bad mother if i was they wouldn't gave me custody of my other kids i done wat i could to protect her if u haven't ever been in a domestic relationship than u dont kno wat it feels like

i done wat i could to protect her if u haven't ever been in a domestic relationship than u dont kno wat it feels like

I'm not going to jump your ass too badly but you're not gonna get a lot of sympathy with that party line. There are a number of women on this site who took beatings, broken bones, every damn thing their man dished out but drew the line and left when the piece of shit laid a hand on her child. I don't know if you left the first time he hit your daughter, report doesn't spell it out. If you did then you get my respect...

BAM! There it is. Beautifully spoken (typed ;)).
When a gun is at your
Gosh. What a surprise.
Same asshole? Pfft. Why am I even asking.
I'm not going to jump your ass too badly but you're not gonna get a lot of sympathy with that party line. There are a number of women on this site who took beatings, broken bones, every damn thing their man dished out but drew the line and left when the piece of shit laid a hand on her child. I don't know if you left the first time he hit your daughter, report doesn't spell it out. If you did then you get my respect...
That was the only incident of Michael Draper doing harm to my niece. When he did this to my sister her head was bashed in then had a gun at her..she was trying to protect my niece... This whole blog is irrelevant since nobody was there but my sister when this incident occurred.

This whole blog is irrelevant since nobody was there but my sister when this incident occurred.

Ummm no. Your little niece was there too, getting her ass beaten. And it's "relevant" every time a kid gets beaten, whether you deem it so or not.

Obliviously she was there since; I did say that "it was the only time he did harm to her" far as nobody on this blog really knows what my sister did to protect her daughter except my sister.

Im not a bad mother if i was they wouldn't gave me custody of my other kids i done wat i could to protect her if u haven't ever been in a domestic relationship than u dont kno wat it feels like

I have never been beat by a man, I don't know what it's like to be in that situation. I can say that ANY motherfucker touches my kids, I will defend them with everything I have. Nobody touches my kids.

I'm not going to knock you because you have your other kids and it looks like you're trying, but I hope that you're in some type of therapy to help you understand that nobody deserves to be hit.

Back