• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 1-year-old child on a ventilator was killed by his father in late September, police announced Friday.

The child, whom police did not name, died on Sept. 25, police said. Police did not disclose the homicide at the time because the cause of death had not been determined, Delaware State Police said.

The child's father, Michael D. Lewis, 28, has been indicted on murder charges.

The boy was on a ventilator when he became "unresponsive" Sept. 25 and was admitted to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital.

He was pronounced dead at the hospital. Authorities deemed the child's death suspicious and began to investigate, Jaffe said.

Police said Lewis neglected to properly care for his son while he was on the ventilator. Lewis was indicted Oct. 24 on the charges of murder by abuse and first-degree neglect.
https://www.delawareonline.com/stor...tilator-killed-father-police-said/1860403002/
1541364319760.png

The child was so young I would think that a Visiting Nurse would be in the home as well as a home health attendant to help the family care for the child. I would be interested to know why the child was on a ventilator in the first place.

I hope we get more information on this case soon.

I am willing to wager this loser cannot even spell ventilator.

Put a plastic bad over his head and make him play spaceman with leaking oxygen in deep orbit alone.

The child was so young I would think that a Visiting Nurse would be in the home as well as a home health attendant to help the family care for the child. I would be interested to know why the child was on a ventilator in the first place.

I hope we get more information on this case soon.

Are you in the United States?

While the sentence is quite pitiful it probably was proven that the father was incapable of caring for the child and never should have been given custody in the first place.

The article is behind a paywall so all I was able to get was the sentence.

Back