• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Very peculiar so far. I waited to post, hoping he would be found in the meantime.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Au...hters-Disappearance-Suspicious-415956233.html
[....]
Michael Chambers, 70, has been missing since Friday.

On Monday afternoon, the Hunt County Sheriff's Office revealed that a small amount of blood was found inside Chambers's shop next to his Quinlan house.

However, there is no sign of a struggle in the shop or in the house.

It is also not known at this time if the blood found belongs to Chambers. It is being tested.
[....]
Based on the investigation, detectives believe Chambers was in his shop at some point on Friday.

Chambers spoke with his wife on the phone Friday morning.

When she returned home that evening just before 7 p.m., he was gone.

Meeks told reporters that there is surveillance video of Chambers at the Quinlan Wal-Mart store at about 11 a.m. Friday.

He says Chambers was alone and was not followed out of the parking lot.

Meeks did not elaborate on what exactly Chambers purchased at the store.

[....]whatever happened to Chambers, it happened between noon and 3 p.m. Friday.

"It is unclear at this time if Mr. Chambers somehow became injured and walked away from the location looking for help, or if he was taken against his will," Meeks said.

Some items, including cash, were taken from his home, the sheriff said. His pickup truck was not taken, but Chambers's cell phone is missing.

Meeks said investigators were able to get a ping off the cell phone, but declined to elaborate.
[....]
The Texas Rangers are now assisting in the search for Chambers, and the FBI has also been alerted to this case.

A search Friday night that included trained a K-9 team and a Department of Public Safety helicopter with heat-sensing technology turned up no sign of Michael Chambers, the sheriff's office said.

Chambers is 6-feet 3-inches tall and 225 pounds and has balding, gray hair. He does not have any medical or mental disabilities, according to the sheriff's office.
[....]
If you have any information about this case, call the Hunt County Sheriff's Office at 903-453-6800.
serveimage

This IS very odd. He sounds like a capable man, which would be the first concern (senility--I get text msg alerts ALL the time about area seniors wandering off in dangerous states of confusion). You'd think symptoms of early stages of senile conditions would be noted in the reports. However, he sounds as though he's a healthy and very large man. Being a retired firefighter would imply a very capable man as well.

The video from Walmart combined with the fact he did contact his wife around the time all this happened is interesting. All stories have the initial gloss of scant details and we draw assumptions about the people involved. I hope that he just was married to someone he hated and decided one day he had enough and walked away, in a comic end to the whole story as he calls the cops and says that he never intended to be so much fuss.

The fact that the cops are taking it so seriously and have performed a deep enough investigation to uncover the blood etc is ominous of course. While that COULD be due to ties that usually exist between fire and police personnel, I would think that there are some theories based on some info we don't know about--not even as big as a "clue" but knowing about the relationships he has around town etc. Will keep warm hopes for him and watch as development occurs.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/03/22/officials-search-new-area-for-missing-retired-firefighter/
[....]
The search efforts Wednesday will focus on an area that has not been checked before, a heavily wooded spot to the southwest of the retired firefighter’s home. According to the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office, specially trained canines discovered something in the new area on Saturday. Officials would not elaborate.

Investigators found a small amount of blood in the 70-year-old man’s home workshop, but no evidence suggesting foul play.

During a news conference, Sheriff Randy Meeks said, “It is unclear at this time if Mr. Chambers somehow became injured and walked away from the location looking for help, or if he was taken against his will.”
screen-shot-2017-03-15-at-8-51-42-pm.png

I have a feeling they will find him there. It makes sense when nothing else does. I'm so sorry it took this long, and I hope they will be able to figure out what happened to him.

Wonder what kind of shop... I'm thinking he bumped his head and had some confusion going on. Hope they find him. He has one of those genuine friendly smiles.

This is so frustrating!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Se...ighter-Getting-Close-Officials-416805783.html
[....]
Investigators tell NBC 5 that on the day Chambers was reported missing that a blood trail was discovered in the work shed on his Quinlan property.

"It wasn't enough blood for it to be a fatal blow. It was like if you cut your finger pretty good, and then it looked like he walked back to the back of the shop towards the door," Meeks said.
[....]
Chambers's wallet was also discovered, with only cash and his license was missing from it.
[....]
The FBI and Texas Rangers were on location off Farm-to-Market Road 2101 again Wednesday, along with Rockwall County Emergency Management response teams and trained canines.

Prior to Wednesday's search, the canine search team hit on a "concentrated area," according to a source, and the search on Wednesday was due to return to that same area. However, they have so far come up empty.
[....]
"By now, by this time in an investigation we've got a definite path that we're following," Sheriff Meeks said. "We can't rule out foul play because we just don't know."

There are no other organized searches planned at this time.
[....]

I came across a DVD in The Woman's closet some time ago. It was a film about firemen, but they never actually fought any fires, nor did they ever rescue anyone. They spent most of their time working out, massaging one another, and having gay sex.

I came across a DVD in The Woman's closet some time ago. It was a film about firemen, but they never actually fought any fires, nor did they ever rescue anyone. They spent most of their time working out, massaging one another, and having gay sex.
did you enjoy it? :woot:

Wonder what kind of shop... I'm thinking he bumped his head and had some confusion going on. Hope they find him. He has one of those genuine friendly smiles.

How funny, I was thinking the same thing and then read your comment! He has a great smile that goes right up to his eyes. I agree with you about the head injury and wandering away part also. But the cash and license missing from his wallet is odd, why not take the entire wallet? Where was the wallet discovered, in the shop or tossed outside somewhere? Very sad, he seems like a good guy.

Regarding what kind of workshop he has, the article said it was his home workshop, so I imagine a Tim the Toolman handyman type of workshop.

Last edited:
They're going to resume searching for him. His daughter is still concerned that he didn't leave voluntarily due to the blood in the workshop and his phone is missing. She didn't mention if the phone has a locator feature. I don't know if all cell phones have it. This case is driving me crazy, so I can only imagine how his family feels.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Se...ing-Retired-Dallas-Firefighter-421423383.html

Poor guy is dead. One thing about fire fighters. They ALWAYS take their wallet, cash and phones.

I've dated a few you can say......

What a shame and a nice looking 70yr old man. This upsets me. I know his wife and family are insane with worry right now.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/sheriff-missing-dallas-firefighter-may-have-committed-suicide
The Hunt County Sheriff says a missing retired Dallas firefighter may have committed suicide.

Sherriff Randy Meeks believes Michael Chambers, 70, may have jumped off the Two Mile Bridge near Lake Tawakoni the day he disappeared -- which was a little more than a year ago.

Meeks said a bike was missing from chambers' shop and that the man's cell phone pinged nearby and matched a speed similar to a bicycle. Meeks also claims Chambers was dealing with some level of depression.
[....]
Family members do not believe chambers killed himself and are still searching for answers.

“They've had water sonar teams come down twice now and their equipment is top notch, they're the best in their field and they were not able to locate dad at all or a bicycle or a phone or anything else,” said daughter Suzy Losoya.

Losoya said she has hired a private investigator to help search for her father.

I'm still struggling with it even though it makes the most sense. I hope she goes ahead and hires an investigator for the family's peace of mind. It's not like he's missing in a national park or some vast wilderness area, so I feel like he will be found. I hate his ass a little bit also, because you know how your family is going to feel. Do it where someone will find you, so your family can have closure.

Sunday marked two years since the disappearance of a retired Dallas firefighter, and his daughter says she's not giving up the search.
[....]
Extensive searches around the area turned up no sign of Chambers.

His daughter, Suzy Chambers Losoya, said she's still actively looking for her dad.

"He needs to be found, he needs to be brought home and laid to rest with dignity," Losoya said. "We need closure."

The case has puzzled investigators from the beginning. While investigators confirmed there was blood in Chambers workshop, they didn't believe it was enough to indicate a sign of a struggle. Surveillance video from the Walmart did not indicate Chambers was in trouble or was followed, according to investigators.

Over the last two years, the Hunt County Sheriff's Office has said it was possible Chambers became injured in his workshop and walked away looking for help. Investigators have indicated it could be possible Chambers was taken against his will. Last year, Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks said Chambers may have died by suicide, but investigators insist it is only a theory.

Losoya is working with private investigator Philip Klein in her efforts to find her father. Klein told NBC 5 he believed Chambers was murdered. Klein said he's uncovered new evidence and has requested the Texas Office of the Attorney General review the case.

"Someone knows," Losoya said. "People don't disappear and someone knows what happened to dad."

Klein said his team will launch additional searches this year in hopes of finding Chambers.

"I do not want people to forget because he deserves so much better than this," Losoya said.

Anyone with information in regards to Chambers' disappearance is asked to call the Hunt County Sheriff's Office at 903-453-6809 or email jhaines@huntcounty.net.

I understand being suicidal but not killing yourself in some way where you won't be found. That's very cruel to your family. I hope he will be found.

RAINS COUNTY, Texas - A man out on a hike in Rains County discovered an old bicycle and bones that could possibly belong to a former Dallas firefighter who went missing 5 years ago.

The hiker, Michael Ramsey, says he was walking into a part of the woods he had previously believed to be inaccessible because of the swamp in the area.

Ramsey says he noticed an old mountain bike under a fallen, rotted tree.

Some presumed human skeletal remains were found in the area, according to the Hunt County Sheriff's Office.

The Texas Rangers were called in to investigate with the Hunt County Sheriff's Office and the Rains County Sheriff's Office assisting.

The remains were found in the area near where the cell phone of former Dallas firefighter Michael Chambers was last tracked on the day he disappeared.

Chambers was last seen in Quinlan in March 2017.

His phone signal was last recorded in the middle of a two-mile bridge over Lake Tawakoni.

Chambers was tracked to be traveling at a speed which was determined to be too fast to walk, but too slow for a car.

A bike was missing from the Chambers home on the day he went missing.

Public and private searches in the area never turned up Chambers' body.

The Hunt County Sheriff's Office says the investigation of the remains is in the early stages and is ongoing.

The identity of the remains have not been determined and can only be made by dental records or DNA.

The remains were sent to the University of North Texas for Human Identification.
[....]

Back