• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A tip o' the ball cap to @62julietandvoid for the heads up.

(CNN)A 25-year-old Iowa woman was driving home from work when a bullet tore through the driver's window of her vehicle and killed her, Waterloo police said.
Micalla Rettinger was in the car with two passengers around 2:30 a.m. Sunday when she was hit in the neck, police said. One passenger, Adam Kimball, 32, was injured and is being treated at the University of Iowa Hospitals in Iowa City. The other passenger was uninjured, according to police.

[...]

Waterloo authorities are asking for the public's help in identifying anyone who may have been involved in "shooting or hunting (legal or illegal) in the area of the Cedar River between the Highway 218 Bridge and the Conger Ave. Bridge."

Waterloo police said there is a $7,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest of the person who shot her.
"We are also asking anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in this area or has a trail/surveillance camera in this area to contact the Waterloo Police Department Investigations Division at 319-291-4340, Option 7," the department said.

Link

I checked Iowa's hunt regs because I thought hunting at 0230 sounded a little off, but found out that it's legal for some species during open season and there are seasons open now. Whoda thunk it.

--Al
ETA: credit

Last edited:
Back