• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Mexican police have arrested a couple suspected of kidnapping, torturing and murdering a seven-year-old girl whose body was found dumped in a bin bag.

Fátima Aldrighett disappeared after leaving school in Mexico City on 11 February. Her body was discovered with signs of abuse four days later.

On Wednesday, police detained a man and a woman after finding items at a house linking them to her disappearance.
Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum confirmed the arrests in a tweet.

"The alleged perpetrators of the femicide of the minor Fátima Cecilia [Aldrighett] were detained in a town in the State of Mexico with the support of the National Guard," the mayor wrote.
On the day Fátima disappeared, a surveillance camera outside her school captured her with an unknown woman.

The footage was shared by the authorities and the woman was later identified by police thanks to a tip-off from her landlord.

The female suspect had fled her apartment, but photographs, Fátima's shoes and sweater and the clothes the female suspect wore on the day of the girl's abduction were discovered, police said.
full

On Tuesday, prosecutors released pictures of two suspects, a woman and a man.
1582198810463.png
1582198823530.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A couple accused of torturing and murdering a seven-year-old girl after collecting her from school are suspected of having sexually abused their own children.

Schoolgirl Fatima Cecilia Aldriguett Anton had been waiting for her mother to collect her from her school in Mexico City, but another woman showed up and led the girl away by her hand.
Mario Alberto Reyes Najera and Gladis Giovana Cruz Hernandez's three children 'lived in fear of their father', according to the La Verdad newspaper.

According to the FGJ, an exam conducted into the children of the suspects, two girls and a boy whose names are not reported, concluded that the minors showed signs of abandonment and being sexually assaulted.
Reports also state that Najera's aunt, Irma Reyes, informed local authorities that her nephew's partner told her he asked to be brought a minor as a 'girlfriend' or he would abuse their children.

Infobae quoted Irma Reyes as saying Najera threatened to abuse his own daughters if Cruz Hernandez did not bring him a child victim.

Reyes reportedly turned her nephew in to the police, telling them that the couple were hiding in a house that belonged to Najera's deceased father in the municipality of Isidro Fabela.

Reyes said: 'They cannot get away with it, I do not want them [local authorities] to give me money, I just want justice.'

Reports said that the grandmother of the children on the side of their mother Marcelina Cruz Hernandez has started legal procedures to obtain custody over the children.
 
1779575725266.webp


The #FiscalíaCDMX secured a conviction against Mario Alberto "N" and Gladis Giovanna "N," who will each serve 170 years in prison for the kidnapping and femicide committed against the young girl Fátima in February 2020.

The kidnapping and murder of Fátima Cecilia Aldrighett Antón, a 7-year-old girl in Mexico City, occurred in February 2020 and became a flashpoint that ignited nationwide outrage over the country's surging femicide crisis. Following a prolonged legal process, her killers—Gladis Giovana Cruz Hernández and Mario Alberto Reyes Nájera—were convicted and sentenced to 170 years in prison. [1, 2, 3]



The Disappearance and Discovery [1]
  • The Abduction: On February 11, 2020, Fátima was left waiting outside her elementary school in the Xochimilco neighborhood of Mexico City when her mother was delayed by traffic. Surveillance footage captured an unidentified woman leading the young girl away by the hand.
  • The Body Found: On February 15, 2020, four days after her abduction, Fátima's body was discovered naked inside a plastic garbage bag in a rural area of the Tláhuac borough. Investigators confirmed that she had been subjected to severe physical abuse and sexual assault.
The Investigation and Arrests
  • The Suspects: The woman on the surveillance tape was identified as Gladis Giovana Cruz Hernández, who, along with her husband Mario Alberto Reyes Nájera, had previously rented rooms from Fátima's family.
  • The Capture: Following a public tip-off from a relative who recognized them, the couple fled to the State of Mexico. They were arrested on February 19, 2020, by the National Guard and local police forces. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]

National Protest and Political Fallout
Fátima's death occurred just days after the gruesome murder of 25-year-old Ingrid Escamilla in Mexico City, pushing public anger to a boiling point. [1]
  • Mass Protests: Enraged citizens and feminist groups organized massive demonstrations, spray-painting the doors of the National Palace and demanding government accountability. Social media campaigns like #JusticiaParaFátima trended worldwide.
  • Institutional Backlash: Fátima's family vocally condemned the authorities, asserting that a "chain of negligence" caused her death. Police initially forced the family to wait critical hours before even allowing them to file a missing person report.
  • Government Response: Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador faced heavy criticism for his response, initially attributing the uptick in femicides to "neoliberal policies" and social decay rather than concrete law enforcement failures.


Trial and Sentencing
The judicial process faced severe delays, including a complete restart of the oral trial in late 2024 after the presiding judge stepped down due to medical incapacitation. [1]
  • The Conviction: On April 24, 2025, a trial court officially found both suspects guilty.
  • The Maximum Penalty: On April 30, 2025, the court handed down the maximum possible sentence of 170 years in prisonfor each perpetrator:
    • 100 years for aggravated kidnapping.
    • 70 years for femicide.
  • Financial Restitution: The court also ordered the couple to pay a fine of approximately 1.4 million pesos, alongside 400,000 pesos in funeral expenses and wrongful death indemnification.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top