• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
But the peak actually begins Sunday, and the best chance to see them without the moon in the way will be the first week of August.
The best time to see them will be about 3 a.m. ET, but the meteor shower will also be viewable when the sky is darkest in the overnight hours until the first light of dawn.
Expect to see about 20 meteors per hour during the peak, traveling at 25 miles per second.

But the peak actually begins Sunday, and the best chance to see them without the moon in the way will be the first week of August.
The best time to see them will be about 3 a.m. ET, but the meteor shower will also be viewable when the sky is darkest in the overnight hours until the first light of dawn.
Expect to see about 20 meteors per hour during the peak, traveling at 25 miles per second.
This is gonna be fun!

I saw one last Satuday night. First night of my vacation and I was sitting down on a dock. Pretty freaking cool. Only saw that one all week.

Back