• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
As mentioned in my previous thread, we are changing our homepage to the forums. You can get an idea of what it will look like by clicking the Home tab in your navigation bar.

As you can see, the content is a mix of posts curated from the forums from within different areas of the forums. Some of these will be from our authors, while some will be from you the members. Because of this, I need to remind you of a few simple rules regarding posting news:

1. Please do not copy and paste entire articles. Either blockquote or italicize a section of the article, then provide a source link(s)

Also, regarding double-posts. I know our search sucks stinking donkey balls and I am working on it. Some just use Google to search for a subject and add "dreamindemon" to get better, faster results. Regardless, I know that double-posts are gonna happen.

We normally resolve this by using the report function and merging the posts. When we merge a post, the first post remains while the second re-post is merged into the first. Nice and simple. However, with our new format, there may be situations in which a thread is merged but the original, first post will be merged as the second post. Here;s why:

USER1 finds story about a murder and posts it with a sentence and a link back to the source article
USER2 writes up a full article about same incident to be promoted as an article on front page

If we merge the double-post, the original post will take precedence (because it was the first) and screw up the article on front page. Because of this, there will be times in which the first post will have its time modified so that does not happen. I don't expect that to happen much, but posting a sentnece and alink to source article takes no time, while writing up a full written original article does -- so it is bound to happen occasionally.

I have added a Quick Search function that should help a bit when searching for articles. It's at the top of most everything aside from the main forum page. Currently its below the SHoutbox and Popular Threads block. I'll move it later.

Yeah okay ... what ever. I'm a mouth piece ... not a nerd. As long as i can find my people I don't care ... I'll show up ... I'll mouth off ... I'll spread some love, some wisdom and ask for stickers !!!

Back