• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1568215509778.png

A Memphis Police officer was charged with DUI, public intoxication and reckless driving after he allegedly drove into a column at an East Memphis liquor store while he was off duty Saturday, MPD said.

Thomas Berryhill, who is a sergeant with the department, was relieved of duty pending an investigation. MPD said Berryhill has been employed by the department since August 1993.

Officers responded Saturday evening to a crash at 1829 Kirby Parkway near Poplar. Police say Berryhill, who was not on duty at the time of his arrest, had driven over a concrete parking barrier and hit a column on the building.

A woman at that location called officers.

Berryhill told officers he struck the column because he had been driving from Florida, and told police he had eye issues and tried to hold his eyes open with his fingers during a sobriety test, according to a police statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
"had driven over a concrete parking barrier and hit a column on the building." is it better or worse that I was SOBER when I did this a few weeks ago? :shame:
Post automatically merged:

@ghosttruck - Faulty shoes? First time I had worn them outside of the store. The lip of the side of the shoe got stuck under the brake pedal with my foot on the top of the accelerator. Rookie move...

1568224124004.png

Last edited:
Back