• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2ch57r5.jpg

Melissa Centeno
sl0j79.jpg

Sergio Ortiz​
A Phoenix couple was booked into jail on child abuse charges in connection with the death of the mother's 4-year-old daughter, police said.
The girl's mother, Melissa Centeno, 19, told officers her live-in boyfriend, Sergio Ortiz, 22, would sometimes get "heavy-handed" when disciplining her young girl.

Centeno confessed she struck her daughter twice in the abdomen on Friday night, causing bruising, according to a court document. She said she didn't seek medical help for fear the bruising might be discovered, court paperwork stated.

Detectives also discovered Ortiz had cared for the victim while Centeno was at work on Saturday. The woman told police when she returned home, she observed bruising to the child's face that had not been there when she left
[...]
Centeno told detectives she knew her child was nauseous and vomiting since the time the girl had been struck, Holmes said. The child complained of abdominal pain, according to Holmes.

Centeno said she finally called a pediatrician Sunday morning when she saw her child was not getting any better, the court document stated. Authorities said the mother didn't act on the doctor's advice and refused to take the girl to an emergency room, court paperwork said.

The woman said she only called 911 when her daughter had stopped breathing, police said.

Police and paramedics received the call just after 11:30 a.m. Sunday and they responded
[....]
Ortiz initially told police the girl had fallen off the sofa the night before and also fell in the bathroom during bathing time, police said.

Trauma doctors at Phoenix Children's Hospital said initial testing indicated that the victim suffered from an unknown severe internal abdominal injury and bruising in the abdominal area.

The victim also had extensive bruising in other parts of her body that included areas consistent with Centeno's admissions of the couple striking the girl and causing injuries, the court document said.

Child Protective Services arrived to foster a 1-year-old child who was also at the home.

Police determined Centeno and Ortiz are the parents of the 1-year-old. The 4-year-old victim is Centeno's child from a previous relationship, said Holmes.
[...]
Holmes said it's possible the couple could face additional charges once autopsy results are in hand.
http://www.kpho.com/story/23689231/pd-heavy-handed-couple-behind-daughters-death

Fucking bitch forgot they were both her children. To keep the dick happy she treated one like royalty and the other like she shouldn't have been born. Now she doesn't get to see either .

Fucking bitch forgot they were both her children. To keep the dick happy she treated one like royalty and the other like she shouldn't have been born. Now she doesn't get to see either .

How do you know that? They might have been fucking up the 1yr old too.

No matter how many of these awful stories I read I still just cannot understand WHY ANYONE would EVER hit a fucking child so hard and so often to actually kill them. Fuck them both, I hope they spend life in prison.

So Mom had a baby at 15 baby daddy leaves she then has a new baby with a 22 year old who looks 40 they both beat on the 4 year old mom probably because she has had bad feeling towards the 4 yo since the Dad left and now steps in the douche who likes to beat other mens babies especially when he realizes mom joined in instead of protecting her wow what a winning pair.

I hope they throw the book, chair, gavel, and bailiff at these two human shit stains. Poor baby never had a chance once the 40 yo douche stepped on the scene mom didn't care she had a family with him that did not include the 4 yo. :( I hate baby killers.

I don't know who I hate more. These abusing bastards are thes goodfornothing mothers that don't protect their babies by any means necessary.

A mother and her boyfriend were sentenced to prison Friday after pleading guilty to child abuse in the 2013 death of her 4-year-old daughter.

Melissa Centeno, 22, and Sergio Ortiz, 25, were charged with first-degree murder and two counts of child abuse. They were 19 and 22 at the time of Betzy Rodriguez-Centeno’s death on October 13, 2013.

In plea agreements reached about a month ago, both of them pleaded guilty to two counts of child abuse.

On Friday, Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Danielle Viola sentenced Centeno to eight years in prison.

Viola sentenced Ortiz to 10 years in prison and lifetime supervised probation.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...role-4-year-old-phoenix-girls-death/93300694/

Back