• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Dave Mustaine has been diagnosed with throat cancer.

The Megadeth frontman revealed his diagnosis on Twitter Monday.

“I’ve been diagnosed with throat cancer,” tweeted the 57-year-old. “It’s clearly something to be respected and faced head on — but I’ve faced obstacles before. I’m working closely with my doctors, and we’ve mapped out a treatment plan which they feel has a 90% success rate. Treatment has already begun.

“Unfortunately this requires that we cancel most shows this year,” the rocker continued. “The 2019 Megacruise will happen, and the band will be a part of it in some form. All up to date information will be at Megadeth.com as we get it. Megadeth will be back on the road ASAP. Meanwhile, Kiko [Loureiro, guitar], David [Ellefson, bass], Dirk [Verbeuren, drums] and I are in the studio working on the follow-up to [2016’s] ‘Dystopia’ — which I can’t wait for everyone to hear. I’m so thankful for my whole team — family, doctors, band members, trainers and more. I’ll keep everyone posted. See you soon.”

Mustaine was a member of Metallica from 1981 until 1983 before being dismissed and replaced by Kirk Hammett, Blabbermouth.net reported. He then went on to form Megadeth and achieved his own worldwide success.

The outlet shared the Southern California native is considered as “an architect of the speed metal movement” and continues to have loyal following 35 years later.

Whenever I hear of somebody battling cancer I always get a mental image in my head of ...

Back