• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

~Absynthe~

Trusted Member
By Joe Scott
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 8:21 AM CDT

Jacob Gleize uses big words for a 6-year-old - or for any age.

"He watched 'Charlotte's Web,' and he would go around saying, 'Salutations,' when he'd meet people," said Jill Gleize, Jacob's mom.

She believes he taught himself to read at an early age by memorizing words in the books they read to him. He looks and sounds like an extremely intelligent 6-year-old boy. That's because he is.But in certain situations, things can be quite different for Jacob. He has trouble playing with other kids. Reciprocal or interactive play with other kids is difficult for him.

"In extremely stressful situations, he'll have a meltdown," said Brian Gleize, Jacob's dad. "He'll spin and spin around and won't stop. You have to wrap him up, hold him and tell him it's all good."

He didn't fit in. He had problems at school.

"School buses were horrible for him," Brian said. "School assemblies were very difficult."

http://warrentonjournal.stltoday.co...ucation/sj2tn20080430-0430war-autism0.ii1.txt

With all the diagnosis's out there now a days..I found this interesting!http://warrentonjournal.stltoday.com/articles/2008/05/02/news/education/sj2tn20080430-0430war-autism0.ii1.txt

Last edited:
I didn't know...

...there was a syndrome like this. That must be sad, to be so ABLE to do some things and really be intelligent, yet not be able to enjoy the intense fun/ friendships/ learning experiences that go with being a kid.

I imagine there are a lot of them who are misunderstood or not/ mis-diagnosed and possibly just stuck with the ADHD label.

That was my thoughts exactly Jen~Jen!!
After reading this I am wondering if my 15 year old was misdiagnosed with ADHD!!
I think I will have a discussion with his psychologist about this, because so many of the same symptoms..they run hand in hand.

Latest posts

Back