• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Siobhan

Trusted Member
weissmedievalshop.jpg

So my dear Demonites, once again we venture into the bizarre world of cults and the usual consequences with many of these fringe groups, this time with a strange twist, or in this case, a twang: An apparent murder/suicide pact using crossbows.

It began with the grim discovery of 3 Germans, one man and two women, in a hotel in the town of Passau, and their unusual deaths, all of whom died from crossbow shots to their bodies, that seemed to have initially stumped die polizei.

It only gets freakier from here my fine friendly fiends, as this was only the beginning of the mystery surrounding a small group of medieval over-enthusiasts, who are beginning to look as if they may have had some sexy-cult controlling thingy that included murder and death wishes - the kind completely unrelated to the popular movie anthology.

It was two days after the initial three deaths were discovered, and 400 miles away, that police discovered two more victims inside the apartment of 30yo Farina Caspari, who was one of the women in the hotel in Passau.
The cause of death for the two women found dead in Caspari's home are as of yet unknown, as their bodies had been dead for several days, and no crossbow bolts were found within the apartment.
The two victims are believed to be Caspari's girlfriend, a 35yo teacher, and a 19yo woman who were found inside the couple’s apartment in Wittingen.

Within local media reports there is speculation that the mysterious deaths revolve and center around two of the dead from the hotel in Passau, Torsten Weiss, 53, and Caspari herself.
The other woman identified as being killed by crossbow in Passau is Kerstin Enders, 33, who was Weiss' girlfriend, and found laying on the bed holding hands with him in the hotel.
Capari's body was found lying next to their bed.

Authorities are now thinking that this was a possible murder-suicide pact, and they do know that Caspari was the last to die, shooting herself with a bolt through the throat, after shooting multiple crossbow bolts into Weiss and his partner.

Local media reported that Weiss may have been the cult leader and was described as a domineering figure who treated women “like slaves” and used physical force and psychological manipulation. He ran a medieval-themed store filled with weapons, Knights Templar flags and a blood-spattered mannequin on the counter.

“Investigators suspect they were all members of a kind of sex circle with a focus on the Middle Ages. Torsten W. may have been the guru of the group,” RTL reported after interviewing people who knew the victims.

Caspari was a sales manager at bakery, and appears to have known Weiss and Enders through a jousting club run by Weiss' medieval paraphernalia shop, in the Rhineland town of Hachenburg.
According to the London Times, it's now believe that the three stopped at the hotel in Passau for the night, after participating in a jousting tournament in Austria.

A couple who spoke to RTL fears that the 19-year-old found inside the Wittingen apartment may have been her daughter Carina U., who they said had fallen under Weiss’ spell years ago and had broken off all contact with them.
The mother said that before her daughter caught off contact with them she was “raving about Torsten, Torsten, Torsten.”

Meanwhile, Bild spoke with a man who said he rented a farmhouse to Weiss, who lived in the home with Caspari, her girlfriend, and the teenager. He described the 53-year-old man as a “master” who ordered women about.

“His tone with them was strange. They were almost submissive, I had the impression that they are hardly allowed to talk to me,” Alexander Kruger told the German tabloid. “His tone was so harsh. Strikingly harsh. Not the way you talk to anyone. It was in short imperative sentences.”

He added: “Their reaction, the body language was submissive, holding their heads down. If I did not know better, I’d say they were really scared of him. He was the great master. He gave orders.”

It's unknown how Weiss and Enders met each other, or how long they'd been together, but records show that they were living together at the time of their deaths and each had written wills.

I wonder if they each left everything to each other?
Because that would be as irony as a medieval crossbow bolt tip.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mysterious-german-crossbow-deaths-murder-suicide-medieval-cult

Who knows, maybe they'll find a sole survivor of this group who can aid police in determining exactly what happened, like the Heaven's Gate survivor - yanno, the one found under the sink, behind the Comet?

Thanks for the free tomatoes folks, and remember, I'll be here all week! ;)

Special shoutout and a huge thanks to @ghosttruck for the original article!

Last edited:
A chambermaid found Weiss and 33-year-old Kerstin Enders dead on a double bed with crossbow bolts protruding from their skulls and necks.

Authorities believe they had been shot by Farina Caspari, who is suspected of having honored Weiss’ “dominator command to first kill him and Enders, and then take her own life,” the Daily Beast reported. Caspari, 30, was dead in a pool of blood at the foot of the bed.

The two other women cult members had been found days earlier back at Caspari’s apartment in Lower Saxony, some 250 miles south of the B&B. One was Caspari’s lover, identified only as “Gertrud C.”

All four of the dead women were under Weiss’ hypnotic control and engaged in extreme sexual acts involving bondage and sadomasochism under his direction, their pals told authorities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-in-sex-slave-crossbow-deaths-in-germany/amp/

Passau is actually a pretty awesome town, at the confluence of 3 rivers; the Danube, the Ilz and the Inn. My wife and I spent a couple days there last November. Didn't see any medieval or sex cults while we were there.

Damn, that doesn't sound fun at all. My medieval reenactment group normally ends the day with most people slightly inebriated (some more than others) and a few lucky couples going back to their tents to play a round of "shooting the meat rocket into the sausage wallet" and that's the way I like it.

That's some serious Renaissance Fair shit right there.
Post automatically merged:

Damn, that doesn't sound fun at all. My medieval reenactment group normally ends the day with most people slightly inebriated (some more than others) and a few lucky couples going back to their tents to play a round of "shooting the meat rocket into the sausage wallet" and that's the way I like it.
It's the mead that we need.

Back